When was Matthew Madonna made?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NothingNew44
Straightened out

Re: When was Matthew Madonna made?

Post by NothingNew44 »

chubby wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:21 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm I thought Massino just said that after the whole Donnie Brasco situation, guys had to spend at least eight years as associates before they could get made.
I believe that was one of the changes he made to prevent HIS family, the Bonannos, from being infiltrated again. I think every family has different rules, obviously to prevent undercover agents from infiltrating their ranks, they would usually associate with a guy that has a cousin, or a brother that’s associated with them. And not make mistakes like Associating with a guy that goes around with a certain way of making money without even knowing the guy’s background.
Lol obviously the lukes don’t have the 8 years as an associate rule.. pennisi wasn’t even an associate or committing any crimes or making money hardly and he was made.. I swear his career as a mobster makes absolutely no sense to me at all... even when he was made he had like nothing going on.. he was turning down loan customers from tall Pete and everyone else. I think he had like 1 10k loan out from an inheritance he got when his grandma passed.. and he only had a half sheet he said with like 3-5 bettors..

Says a lot about the state of the mob today.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Thanks all.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Was Madonna on record with or an official Lucchese associate back in the day? Or did that happen during / after prison. I'm sure he was known by and around guys from various families just by having a presence in east harlem and the dope scene. I wonder if he was always on track with the Lucs and prison got him before the books were open in the 70s, or if it happened over time
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Matthew Madonna place in history cannot be overlooked. He groomed and supplied Nicky Barnes. I am very surprised with his ties to the Bronx he was not brought in by the Bonannos. I would guess he was a Luke associate going back years. Its almost like he must of had his own pipe line for importation. I doubt he wanted to get made back in the 70s due to the deal or die rule. Once he gets inducted their is very little talk of him still dealing in heroin and almost like he traded that racket in for gambling. I think Matty is very under rated and a very shadowy figure in the Mobs he was an old school gangster and the Meldish shows that. However on appeal does it not seem likely that Crea and him could get their cases overturned. There are no tapes. There is very little evidence its all circumstantial. If it wasn't for Londonnio id say this is just as likely a personal need between Caldwell and Meldish or Caldwell was hired by the Bonannos as Mancuso seems a bit trigger happy and he was highly disrespected by Melissa's well.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:01 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm I thought Massino just said that after the whole Donnie Brasco situation, guys had to spend at least eight years as associates before they could get made.
I believe that was one of the changes he made to prevent HIS family, the Bonannos, from being infiltrated again. I think every family has different rules, obviously to prevent undercover agents from infiltrating their ranks, they would usually associate with a guy that has a cousin, or a brother that’s associated with them. And not make mistakes like Associating with a guy that goes around with a certain way of making money without even knowing the guy’s background.
Lol obviously the lukes don’t have the 8 years as an associate rule.. pennisi wasn’t even an associate or committing any crimes or making money hardly and he was made.. I swear his career as a mobster makes absolutely no sense to me at all... even when he was made he had like nothing going on.. he was turning down loan customers from tall Pete and everyone else. I think he had like 1 10k loan out from an inheritance he got when his grandma passed.. and he only had a half sheet he said with like 3-5 bettors..
Proper fucking loser his whole life
Right? Then he gets a button and literally takes 0 advantage of it, lol like lefty said you can. Rob you can steal and it’s all legitimate.. I guess pennisi never got the memo..
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Mason_dixon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 am Matthew Madonna place in history cannot be overlooked. He groomed and supplied Nicky Barnes. I am very surprised with his ties to the Bronx he was not brought in by the Bonannos. I would guess he was a Luke associate going back years. Its almost like he must of had his own pipe line for importation. I doubt he wanted to get made back in the 70s due to the deal or die rule. Once he gets inducted their is very little talk of him still dealing in heroin and almost like he traded that racket in for gambling. I think Matty is very under rated and a very shadowy figure in the Mobs he was an old school gangster and the Meldish shows that. However on appeal does it not seem likely that Crea and him could get their cases overturned. There are no tapes. There is very little evidence its all circumstantial. If it wasn't for Londonnio id say this is just as likely a personal need between Caldwell and Meldish or Caldwell was hired by the Bonannos as Mancuso seems a bit trigger happy and he was highly disrespected by Melissa's well.
He didnt get back into drugs because all the guys he was in business with had either died or were in prison.20 years later the game completely changed it was the guy who had mexican contacts rather than sicilian who were able to take over the markets.Matty was a distrubuter not an importer like galante or the laporta brothers he was a level down from these guys or maybe even a few.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Maybe thats how the life really is and all these other rats exaggerate how the life is,10k loan is 300 a week and 3-5 bettors is probably another 300 so this guy makes 600 a week but doesnt have to go to work.The media has conditioned everyone to think that a wiseguy makes millions but even in the words of saint micheal franceze the colombos had 115 made guys but only 15 were earners the rest just made whatever those 15 guys decided to throw them
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Mason_dixon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 am I am very surprised with his ties to the Bronx he was not brought in by the Bonannos. I would guess he was a Luke associate going back years.
But the Lucchese family is the original Bronx based family. Historically no other families ties go as deep in the Bronx as the Luccheses with Genovese family a distant second.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

bluehouse wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:16 am
Mason_dixon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 am Matthew Madonna place in history cannot be overlooked. He groomed and supplied Nicky Barnes. I am very surprised with his ties to the Bronx he was not brought in by the Bonannos. I would guess he was a Luke associate going back years. Its almost like he must of had his own pipe line for importation. I doubt he wanted to get made back in the 70s due to the deal or die rule. Once he gets inducted their is very little talk of him still dealing in heroin and almost like he traded that racket in for gambling. I think Matty is very under rated and a very shadowy figure in the Mobs he was an old school gangster and the Meldish shows that. However on appeal does it not seem likely that Crea and him could get their cases overturned. There are no tapes. There is very little evidence its all circumstantial. If it wasn't for Londonnio id say this is just as likely a personal need between Caldwell and Meldish or Caldwell was hired by the Bonannos as Mancuso seems a bit trigger happy and he was highly disrespected by Melissa's well.
He didnt get back into drugs because all the guys he was in business with had either died or were in prison.20 years later the game completely changed it was the guy who had mexican contacts rather than sicilian who were able to take over the markets.Matty was a distrubuter not an importer like galante or the laporta brothers he was a level down from these guys or maybe even a few.
This is so true. In Matty's day the Italian mob & Asian gangs were the main importers and distributers of Herion on a wholesale level. Today its controlled by the Mexican Cartels who deal directly to Street gangs and other OC groups. And today you would need to sell much more for the same amount of $ because its much cheaper and more available. Matty pretty much had to rely on the Luccheses to make money when he got out.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

Didn’t Joe Defede mention that the avg soldier makes around 50k a year? And that was 20 years ago, probably even less now.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

PaddyWhack wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:59 am Didn’t Joe Defede mention that the avg soldier makes around 50k a year? And that was 20 years ago, probably even less now.
Medium household income in 2000 was $42K. So that was 25% above average household income.
Upper middle class by definition.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

PaddyWhack wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:59 am Didn’t Joe Defede mention that the avg soldier makes around 50k a year? And that was 20 years ago, probably even less now.
I don't think he ever actually said that.
https://nypost.com/2003/01/22/crime-pay ... 0g-a-year/
He said he collected $6m over four years as acting boss and was given $60,000 a year, plus $50,000 in bonuses every three months for his work. The journalist seems to make the incorrect assumption that other wiseguys are paid a salary and this would leave them with only $50,000 a year.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

a lot more posts should have said

Not sure Scott, good luck on the book.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

Cheech wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:48 pm a lot more posts should have said

Not sure Scott, good luck on the book.
Lol.

I’m sure Pennisi made a bit more than what’s written in this thread. I’m not saying he’s Carlo Gambino but he doesn’t sound like a moron either. On those podcasts he seems like he was willing to share everything about certain things, but he was cagey on the money side. I’m sure he was doing more than 600 a week.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

MightyDR wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:40 pm
I don't think he ever actually said that.
https://nypost.com/2003/01/22/crime-pay ... 0g-a-year/
He said he collected $6m over four years as acting boss and was given $60,000 a year, plus $50,000 in bonuses every three months for his work. The journalist seems to make the incorrect assumption that other wiseguys are paid a salary and this would leave them with only $50,000 a year.
I knew I had read it somewhere...

While testifying against Gambino crime family boss Peter Gotti, DeFede exclaimed that all he made during his reign as acting boss was $1,014,000, or approximately $250,000 per year. DeFede also estimated that a low ranking family soldier would make on average $50,000 per year.