Tuccio gets 10 years

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Tuccio gets 10 years

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cowboyitis
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

newera_212 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:11 pm Two, Michael Padavona married Vic Amuso's brother's daughter. That boathouse that was mentioned in the indictment as being a little headquarters for the crew belonged to Bobby Amuso back in the day - found that interesting as well.

So it sounds like this Tuccio kid was officially on record if you can call it that for the Luccheses, but doing work for - and against, depending on the day - just about every other family with a presence in the neighborhood. I'm guessing the actual order from the Gambinos was passed to the Gurino kid or the other one and Pete was just with them when they did it. That's gotta sting even worse - he got himself mixed up in something that really wasn't going to have any direct benefit to him.
Good points. Padavona relation to Amuso & the kid Tuccio was not on record with anybody. Lukes, Philly, G's....
And sad to see the mob still just uses and throws associates away, for nothing. Counterproductive for their long term prosperity.
What a difference a little 'Top Down' loyalty would make. Im amazed this kid hasnt rolled. Tougher guy than many a post has given him credit for. Appears he'll do a long stretch and stand up.

Ive always said the long term future of the mob would be dramatically altered with two small changes;
1) Pay guys on record and friends a monthly to their spouse when they go inside and
2) Clip a rat every now and again.
The carrort and the stick. Today they use neither.
They'd double the longevity of their respective organisations and halve the chances of themselves doing time simultaneously.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Instead of clipping someone chase him...a severe hospital beating will get most to tuck their tail between their legs and run.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm
newera_212 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:11 pm Two, Michael Padavona married Vic Amuso's brother's daughter. That boathouse that was mentioned in the indictment as being a little headquarters for the crew belonged to Bobby Amuso back in the day - found that interesting as well.

So it sounds like this Tuccio kid was officially on record if you can call it that for the Luccheses, but doing work for - and against, depending on the day - just about every other family with a presence in the neighborhood. I'm guessing the actual order from the Gambinos was passed to the Gurino kid or the other one and Pete was just with them when they did it. That's gotta sting even worse - he got himself mixed up in something that really wasn't going to have any direct benefit to him.
Good points. Padavona relation to Amuso & the kid Tuccio was not on record with anybody. Lukes, Philly, G's....
And sad to see the mob still just uses and throws associates away, for nothing. Counterproductive for their long term prosperity.
What a difference a little 'Top Down' loyalty would make. Im amazed this kid hasnt rolled. Tougher guy than many a post has given him credit for. Appears he'll do a long stretch and stand up.

Ive always said the long term future of the mob would be dramatically altered with two small changes;
1) Pay guys on record and friends a monthly to their spouse when they go inside and
2) Clip a rat every now and again.
The carrort and the stick. Today they use neither.
They'd double the longevity of their respective organisations and halve the chances of themselves doing time simultaneously.

Well said
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Thanks Nothing New. Appreciated.

Question for the board:
In the article it states how Giallanzo threatened to shelve Palmaccio.
Can a Capo Shelve a guy? I always assumed only a boss can shelve a member.
Any examples of capo's putting members on the shelf? Is this how its commonly done is it it generally an admin decision?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm Thanks Nothing New. Appreciated.

Question for the board:
Any examples of capo's putting members on the shelf? Is this how its commonly done is it it generally an admin decision?
I was wondering the same thing too, but thought of it this way. Even if it's against protocol and the hard line rules, who is Palmaccio going to complain to? If his whole entire entree is through Ronnie G and the only time he's ever seen anybody above the level of Capo was when he was made (which may be a long shot too; we've heard of ceremonies that Capos have presided over) - Ronnie G has the power to tell him to fuck off and make sure no one else in the crew pays him any mind as well. Theoretically i suppose that's what a Consigliere is for...Palmaccio could have gone to him and tried to get it straightened out. But at the same time this was happening didn't the Bonnanos run through a couple different Consiglieres and even actually shelf one? Someone like Palmaccio who was there just making money for Ronnie and made so that other families couldnt tap his pockets may not have even known to bring the theoretical issue to the Consigliere, or even known who the Consigliere was

Seems like a stupid threat if the guy is making a bunch of money for you.

It's of bounds from the chain of command that we've always read about, but seems like something that realistically could happen in this day and age.

This shelving shit seems pretty new as well. Pennisi talks about guys getting shelved left and right, Lovaglio too
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm the kid Tuccio was not on record with anybody.
Apparently he was with John Pennisi according to Pennisi himself.

You have Joe Cafe saying this to Pennisi in the latest sit-down article: “You know and I know what he should have did but he doesn’t listen. I been up half the night over this and I was thinking. I need a big favor from you. Sideburns will bring the kid to you, meet him and keep him around you.”

Then you have this from the Pennisi testimony: "I took a kid that was around me, Joe Cafe's nephew....."

When a made guy speak about people being around or with them it means they are on record. Obviously Pennisi took this kid under his wing as a favor to Joe Cafe.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm Thanks Nothing New. Appreciated.

Question for the board:
Only a boss can put a guy on the shelf officially unless he authorized lower ranking members like a street boss or acting boss to do so. It's likely Giallanzo meant he would put Palmaccio on the shelf by talking to whoever was in charge at the time.
newera_212 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm
This shelving shit seems pretty new as well. Pennisi talks about guys getting shelved left and right, Lovaglio too
Guys have been getting shelved as long as guys have been getting made but nowadays shelving is the alternative to murder. So things guys would get clipped for years ago they get tossed on the shelf for now.
cevreman
Prospect

Post by cevreman »

Why a made guy who gets shelved dont go to feds and work for a deal?When they are shelved they can't earn right?
And why this guy gets ten years for burning a car,ıs it something that usually happens in arson cases in usa?
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Sounds like Merlino got Tuccio by way of Joey Perna who was doing a favor for Joe Cafe. Perna probably inherited Tuccio from Pennisi after Pennisi flipped...
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

PHL_Mob wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:20 am Sounds like Merlino got Tuccio by way of Joey Perna who was doing a favor for Joe Cafe. Perna probably inherited Tuccio from Pennisi after Pennisi flipped...
I think you may be right there....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

newera_212 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm I was wondering the same thing too, but thought of it this way. Even if it's against protocol and the hard line rules, who is Palmaccio going to complain to? If his whole entire entree is through Ronnie G and the only time he's ever seen anybody above the level of Capo was when he was made (which may be a long shot too; we've heard of ceremonies that Capos have presided over) - Ronnie G has the power to tell him to fuck off and make sure no one else in the crew pays him any mind as well. Theoretically i suppose that's what a Consigliere is for...Palmaccio could have gone to him and tried to get it straightened out. But at the same time this was happening didn't the Bonnanos run through a couple different Consiglieres and even actually shelf one? Someone like Palmaccio who was there just making money for Ronnie and made so that other families couldnt tap his pockets may not have even known to bring the theoretical issue to the Consigliere, or even known who the Consigliere was

Seems like a stupid threat if the guy is making a bunch of money for you.

It's of bounds from the chain of command that we've always read about, but seems like something that realistically could happen in this day and age.

Good thought process. Agree regards this specific situation.
Are there any official 'rules' on who can shelve? Capo? UB, Consig or Boss only d we know?

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:38 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm the kid Tuccio was not on record with anybody.
Apparently he was with John Pennisi according to Pennisi himself.

You have Joe Cafe saying this to Pennisi in the latest sit-down article: “You know and I know what he should have did but he doesn’t listen. I been up half the night over this and I was thinking. I need a big favor from you. Sideburns will bring the kid to you, meet him and keep him around you.”

Then you have this from the Pennisi testimony: "I took a kid that was around me, Joe Cafe's nephew....."

When a made guy speak about people being around or with them it means they are on record. Obviously Pennisi took this kid under his wing as a favor to Joe Cafe.
I understand how you would reach this conclusion but Im not sure.
Cafe could have been saying, keep this guy around you in the literal sense as there was imminent danger to Tuccios health. I dont accept that he was on record with Cafe basis this particular conversation.
Tuccio also went from the Bonnanos to the Lukes to Philly to the Gambinos within a few short years. This is not normal behaviour for an on record associate.
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 am Only a boss can put a guy on the shelf officially unless he authorized lower ranking members like a street boss or acting boss to do so. It's likely Giallanzo meant he would put Palmaccio on the shelf by talking to whoever was in charge at the time.
Cheers. Appreciate clarifying.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

PHL_Mob wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:20 am Sounds like Merlino got Tuccio by way of Joey Perna who was doing a favor for Joe Cafe. Perna probably inherited Tuccio from Pennisi after Pennisi flipped...
Any flies on you theyre paying rent.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

His Instagram is peteyvt

Have fun guys!
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:26 pm I understand how you would reach this conclusion but Im not sure.
Cafe could have been saying, keep this guy around you in the literal sense as there was imminent danger to Tuccios health. I dont accept that he was on record with Cafe basis this particular conversation.
Tuccio also went from the Bonnanos to the Lukes to Philly to the Gambinos within a few short years. This is not normal behaviour for an on record associate.

Maybe it's possible I could be misconstruing what Cafe meant when he said 'keep this kid around you' maybe you're right and he meant it in the literal sense BUT there is no misconstruing Pennisi himself when he said 'I brought a kid that was around me, Joe Cafes nephew'. Mob guys use that word with a purpose and in that context it means only one thing, Tuccio was with Pennisi.

Also how do we know that Tuccio was on record with the Bonanno's, Philly or the Gambino's?

With Philly we have all the pictures and seen Tuccio around their Boss so that makes sense even tho we don't know it as a fact but what evidence is there for Tuccio actually being on record with the Bonanno's or Gambino's?