General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:03 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:05 pm Ran across a random file that mentioned guys who were still willing to dirty work (hits) even after assuming positions of authority within the organization:

Sam Giancana
Jack Cerone
Willie Daddano
Phil Alderisio
Thanks. None of these names come as a surprise, of course. What was the source?
Just a random memo with informant information. It didn't have too many other pieces of information that I thought was interesting but I have a bunch of disorganized pages that I was perusing and just found that amusing.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:22 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:53 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am Sorry if this was posted already - Rico "Ricky/Richie" Zuniga died from COVID in prison in November. He was part of the PK Crew and very close with Paul Koruluk and those guys (arrested multiple times with them). He was serving time for the murder of Carmen Sarlo and others along with Richard Bravieri. Richie and his brothers were all CNotes - one brother was shot and killed at an old gang hangout called TJ's on Western Avenue in the late 80s I believe.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... =197158685
Nice find, thanks for posting. Ricky married Paulie K's sister, I believe? I suspect that several of the Zunigas may have been C-Notes. Do you recall which brother was killed in the 80s? I'm not able to find anything in the papers on it. Also, do you remember exactly where TJs was located?

Here's a pic of Ricky Zuniga and Joey Bravieri at the time of the Sarlo/Gasic slayings. According to a witness who fled the scene, after shooting Joannie Gasic they turned on Sarlo: "No, you got to go, Carmie. You got to go, too." These guys were, of course, coked-up out of their skulls when this happened. The C-Notes fell into drugs super hard, and addiction did a lot of damage to the organization.

Zuniga and Joey Bravieri.PNG
These were definitely some rough guys and I remember that story vividly as I spent summers in that neighborhood. Gasic's family still lives there today. Reynald Zuniga was the brother who was killed:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Also - Maria Koruluk is Paul's wife - I am not sure if Paul also has a sister named Maria. I believe his wife's maiden name was Vargas - I saw reported she was related to Sam Cecola, but doubt that as she is half puerto rican.
Funny you guys mention this, saw a recent conversation on a fb neighborhood group about it. One of the old neighborhood people mentioned that there was a bar nearby owned by Casey Czaflarski? Supposedly it was named Casey's?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:05 pm Ran across a random file that mentioned guys who were still willing to dirty work (hits) even after assuming positions of authority within the organization:

Sam Giancana
Jack Cerone
Willie Daddano
Phil Alderisio
Just a random memo with informant information. It didn't have too many other pieces of information that I thought was interesting but I have a bunch of disorganized pages that I was perusing and just found that amusing.
Wasnt there one situation in which Buccieri also executed a hit by himself while being a capo?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Frank Rosenthal told the story of how he stopped Buccieri from choking Tony Spilotro to death, having grabbed him by the throat. Spilotro apparently mouthed off and Rosenthal saved his life.

On a separate note, I'm discovering that one of my favorite Outfit-related books, "All American Mafioso" by Rappleye and Becker, may have made up some facts. This frustrates me because Rappleye was a prize-winning journalist, the book is heavily sourced, and I was in contact with him many years ago, but I just caught these details this week.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:46 am Frank Rosenthal told the story of how he stopped Buccieri from choking Tony Spilotro to death, having grabbed him by the throat. Spilotro apparently mouthed off and Rosenthal saved his life.

On a separate note, I'm discovering that one of my favorite Outfit-related books, "All American Mafioso" by Rappleye and Becker, may have made up some facts. This frustrates me because Rappleye was a prize-winning journalist, the book is heavily sourced, and I was in contact with him many years ago, but I just caught these details this week.
Roselli clearly had one of the more interesting mob careers spanning several cities - he ran drugs and did errands in Boston's north end as a kid and I believe fled to Chicago. Seems he worked with bosses across the country and was well-known on the east coast.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:08 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:09 pm

Sam Giancana
Jack Cerone
Willie Daddano
Phil Alderisio
Wasnt there one situation in which Buccieri also executed a hit by himself while being a capo?
The William Jackson hit, too.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I thought it was Frank who was at the Action Jackson hit, not Fifi?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm I thought it was Frank who was at the Action Jackson hit, not Fifi?
Nah, it was Fifi. Frank never really had a rep as a killer, to my knowledge.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I've only seen the wiretap labeled as such, unless someone has ever seen a different source?

JAMES TORELLO: Jackson was hung up on that meat hook. He was so heavy he bent it. He was on that thing three days before he croaked.

FRANK BUCCIERI (giggling): Jackie, you shoulda seen the guy. Like an elephant, he was, and when Jimmy hit him with that electric prod…

TORELLO (excitedly): He was floppin’ around on that hook, Jackie. We tossed water on him to give the prod a better charge, and he’s screamin’…
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Well at least they took pleasure in their work. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:30 pm I've only seen the wiretap labeled as such, unless someone has ever seen a different source?

JAMES TORELLO: Jackson was hung up on that meat hook. He was so heavy he bent it. He was on that thing three days before he croaked.

FRANK BUCCIERI (giggling): Jackie, you shoulda seen the guy. Like an elephant, he was, and when Jimmy hit him with that electric prod…

TORELLO (excitedly): He was floppin’ around on that hook, Jackie. We tossed water on him to give the prod a better charge, and he’s screamin’…
Unless I'm bigly mistaken, I'm almost positive it was Fiore. I think that wherever you got that transcript made a typo.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:12 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:30 pm I've only seen the wiretap labeled as such, unless someone has ever seen a different source?

Unless I'm bigly mistaken, I'm almost positive it was Fiore. I think that wherever you got that transcript made a typo.
Unless a lot of people have been mistaken, it was Fifi. I don't have the transcripts of the recorded conversation in Miami in front of me, but my understanding was always this was Fifi and Turk recounting the Jackson thing to Cerone and Dave Yaras.

Over the years I've seen people claim that Cerone and Yaras were also among the group that participated in the Jackson killing. Doesn't seem likely, as why would Buccieri and Torello need to tell them about it then? I've also seen people state that Sam Destefano, Alderisio, and Cowboy Mirro participated as well.

What's the best info on who all most likely actually participated?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Unless a lot of people have been mistaken, it was Fifi. I don't have the transcripts of the recorded conversation in Miami in front of me, but my understanding was always this was Fifi and Turk recounting the Jackson thing to Cerone and Dave Yaras.

Over the years I've seen people claim that Cerone and Yaras were also among the group that participated in the Jackson killing. Doesn't seem likely, as why would Buccieri and Torello need to tell them about it then? I've also seen people state that Sam Destefano, Alderisio, and Cowboy Mirro participated as well.

Life magazine did a story on it with photos and transcripts (and yes, it was Fifi):
https://books.google.com/books?id=a08EA ... ne&f=false
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:14 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Life magazine did a story on it with photos and transcripts (and yes, it was Fifi):
https://books.google.com/books?id=a08EA ... ne&f=false
Thanks, I hadn't seen that before.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

No idea, I've only ever seen them labeled as such. No idea where they would have gotten it from or how it would have been labeled incorrectly.