Why don’t the LCN put out hits on people anymore?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HoagieNose
Straightened out

Why don’t the LCN put out hits on people anymore?

Post by HoagieNose »

You have people like Bent finger Lou walking around, rat Rubeo running his mouth in public, and all these others too. I get that it’s not the 90s anymore, but at a certain point this all looks ridiculous. There’s very little repercussions for these snitches.
bronx
Full Patched

Re: Why don’t the LCN put out hits on people anymore?

Post by bronx »

my opinion is just about every murder has been solved and guys either flipped of went or went to prison, to start the fbi up again by dealing major drugs or start killing people will only create huge heat....the ne guys running things are making money and playing the role are smarter than the quick to kill guys from the past..they are having a great run in the street..also if you kill a rat..death penalty looms
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

I'm sure if they knew someone was snitching beforehand they'd be dealt with, there have been examples of rats being killed the past two decades. But if they already ratted and the trials done what's the point?

The mafia has a good thing going for them, the general public thinks the mob died with John Gotti and they aren't even top 5 on the things the FBI is worried about.

Anytime they kill someone it'll be front-page news
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the same happens in italy, in 1991 for example there were 700 organized crime related -murders (cosa nostra/camorra/ndrangheta), today no more than 50 yearly
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

They could at least give them a beat down lol
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

HoagieNose wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am They could at least give them a beat down lol
they know police would arrest them suddeny, the pressure on organized crime is by far higher and also investigative techniques, the firepower of the mob both in italy and usa is lower, but in italy it remains still powerful at economic and politic level, although less than 1980s and 1990s
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Look at what happened with the Luccheses—they murdered one guy and lost their acting boss, underboss, a soldier, and an associate. That kind of tells you everything you need to know. It's not like it was in the fifties and sixties when they could kill with virtual impunity.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Paulywallnutz
Associate

Post by Paulywallnutz »

Here in Montreal plenty of murders lol
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

If the mob is going to kill someone nowadays its usually a last resort and is very well planned. Take for instance the killing of Bonanno soldier Anthony Seccafico in 2009. The guy was a renegade who didn’t give a fuck about respect, and the newly elected boss or bosses were probably trying to send a message by taking him out. He got clipped at 4 AM at a bus stop and nobody has ever been arrested for it. It looks to me like the perpetrators were very careful with where and how they killed the guy because smoking a guy outside of his house in broad daylight isn’t gunna work like it used to. My point being, Mafiosi are still willing to kill people but only if they are confident that will get away with it.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Who says they arent tho? The way the west side moves I dont think it's too hard to believe they've slipped a couple thru.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

What would benefit them from killing informants after they testify it accomplishes nothing but add more heat. You looking at a death penalty case or life for that and you would definitely flip to save your ass.

Also the majority of informants still enter witness protection for atleast a period of time. Some informants are always going to be in danger like for ex. that one guy Steven Crea gave the “Ok” on.

I also believe one guy got jumped by some Genovese Guys at a festival
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

Apart from Ricci and lagano are there any other unsolved lcn murders in nyc over The last 15 years or so?
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Paulywallnutz wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:35 pm Here in Montreal plenty of murders lol
Yeah Montreal is the Wild West right now.

Canada not having RICO is a biggie.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

cdc wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:47 pm Apart from Ricci and lagano are there any other unsolved lcn murders in nyc over The last 15 years or so?
Rudolp Izzi and Nick Cirilio from my LCN murder list viewtopic.php?t=7162
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Rat wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 am I'm sure if they knew someone was snitching beforehand they'd be dealt with, there have been examples of rats being killed the past two decades. But if they already ratted and the trials done what's the point?

The mafia has a good thing going for them, the general public thinks the mob died with John Gotti and they aren't even top 5 on the things the FBI is worried about.

Anytime they kill someone it'll be front-page news
I agree. Less violence causes less attention and less chances of guys flipping, instead guys that are pinched take plea agreements without fearing for their life.