Ohhh sh*t a new sitdownnews "nefarious ways of Johnny Sideburns"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Ohhh sh*t a new sitdownnews "nefarious ways of Johnny Sideburns"

Post by Philly d »

Ryan98366 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:45 pm Another story where the RAT is the real wiseguy and everyone else is fake. Got it Pennisi! This guy is such a weak mobster. He makes Al “Ice Cream Man” D’Arco look like a tough guy
well said. they were the toughest and most honorable and would never rat.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I don’t hate Penninsi or have a problem with him but it does seem like he fell for the “Godfather” where he thought everyone was honorable and shit. Like this guys 50 and beefing with a Elderly criminal over the internet lol.

Also seems he’s going with the “Last Gangster” delusion that every informant seems to have where they where the last tough guy
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He seems to really peeved that the guys he was "in the life" with didn't follow the rules when he is the only who broke the ultimate rule.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 pm I don’t hate Penninsi or have a problem with him but it does seem like he fell for the “Godfather” where he thought everyone was honorable and shit. Like this guys 50 and beefing with a Elderly criminal over the internet lol.

Also seems he’s going with the “Last Gangster” delusion that every informant seems to have where they where the last tough guy
Its an old story with rats really it is. There is no honor, I was betrayed blah blah blah. Anything to avoid saying I couldn't man up and do the time. Remember this. People only flip and become a rat because of 1 reason and 1 reason alone. And that is to avoid sitting in a jail cell. And being a criminal for a living means your morals are not set to high. So flipping and becoming a rat is not a hard thing to do when you have no morals. You put yourself first and throw everyone around you under the bus. Pennisi got involved in the mob because he didn't want to work manual labor for $70k a yr. The mob took him in because its slim pickings these days for the mob. Pennisi turned rat because he wanted out of the life because he knew that eventually he was gonna be sent back to prison.The Luccheses without a doubt would have taken him back into the fold once they were sure he wasn't the rat. That's my take at least.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I agree with Rocco. Never underestimate a person's capacity to rationalize their own behavior.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Agreed
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Rocco wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 am
Dave65827 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 pm I don’t hate Penninsi or have a problem with him but it does seem like he fell for the “Godfather” where he thought everyone was honorable and shit. Like this guys 50 and beefing with a Elderly criminal over the internet lol.

Its an old story with rats really it is. There is no honor, I was betrayed blah blah blah. Anything to avoid saying I couldn't man up and do the time. Remember this. People only flip and become a rat because of 1 reason and 1 reason alone. And that is to avoid sitting in a jail cell. And being a criminal for a living means your morals are not set to high. So flipping and becoming a rat is not a hard thing to do when you have no morals. You put yourself first and throw everyone around you under the bus. Pennisi got involved in the mob because he didn't want to work manual labor for $70k a yr. The mob took him in because its slim pickings these days for the mob. Pennisi turned rat because he wanted out of the life because he knew that eventually he was gonna be sent back to prison.The Luccheses without a doubt would have taken him back into the fold once they were sure he wasn't the rat. That's my take at least.
You need to read the Giovinco trial transcripts. It's laid out quite plainly by Pennisi why he went to the FBI. And if you follow the chain of events from other transcripts from his other testimony then it's clear via public record exactly how it happened and why.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 am

You need to read the Giovinco trial transcripts. It's laid out quite plainly by Pennisi why he went to the FBI. And if you follow the chain of events from other transcripts from his other testimony then it's clear via public record exactly how it happened and why.
I read it. And I have heard him say it. I think he just got in over his head and he wanted out without sitting in prison for 20yrs.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

wait a second... so on the New Theory episode a while back where Pennisi said he "heard a story" about a "Staten Island guy" who got a bad call from his girlfriend in prison and decided to slit his wrists... he was talking about HIMSELF?? He said he knew about a guy on Staten Island who got shelved for attempting suicide and that he personally didn't agree with the decision because 'everybody is subject to a moment of weakness' . You mean to say that there was no guy on Staten Island and the guy was HIM?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 am

Where is this posted? Easily accessible online? I'd love to read
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

what if there is a contract out for you?
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:13 pm wait a second... so on the New Theory episode a while back where Pennisi said he "heard a story" about a "Staten Island guy" who got a bad call from his girlfriend in prison and decided to slit his wrists... he was talking about HIMSELF?? He said he knew about a guy on Staten Island who got shelved for attempting suicide and that he personally didn't agree with the decision because 'everybody is subject to a moment of weakness' . You mean to say that there was no guy on Staten Island and the guy was HIM?
I believe he was talking about another guy and if I recall correctly he alluded to his own alleged suicide attempt when he was talking about that on the podcast. I think he even implied that it wasn't true.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

You are totally right. I couldn't agree more. Most of these LCN guys only flip and become a rat to avoid sitting in a jail cell.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Jim505 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:17 pm I don't judge this guy at all. I think its interesting reading - plain and simple.
Agreed. I think hes the second best thing going rn behind Sammy. Albeit way behind.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He was just a hanger on. He wasn't an earner. He wasn't a tough guy... so wtf was is he? He wouldn't loan out money when it was given to him. He had 1 customer on his half sheet. His mob career was a an F if I'm grading it . I mean wtf did he contribute? And then he ratted...