What the guys on the street thought of other families

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: What the guys on the street thought of other families

Post by Antiliar »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:19 am Forgot who said it but someone in another family refered to the Luccheses as the LuCrazies. The NY guys also refered to the DeCavalcante guys as farmers.

Pogo
I read somewhere that NY guys called Chicago guys farmers too. (Wish I could recall the reference.)
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Recent individuals perceptions:

Borello - “the Genovese are the real mafia. The only real one left”

Rubeo - “the Genovese are the only power left on the street”

Pennisi - “the Genovese are from outer space, they’re so different. They do it right.”

Arillota - “being made in the Genovese meant more than other Families”

Subjective but still.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Jezza9009 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:31 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 pm
Jezza9009 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:18 pm I know the Genovese are considered top dogs and the Gambinos second... but in Don Carlo's heyday... weren't they right up there? He was such a smart and capable guy, almost like a chess master... always a step ahead, didn't he even fuck around with the Genoveses and got one of their bosses in trouble?
That was his best skill, he mislead people into believe he’s not a dangerous guy, but in reality he just got people to lower their guard & he would strike if it benefited him. He had a saying, “ Carlo often made the analogy of the Fox and the Wolf, explaining that to be both was optimum in this life, but that the Fox was most important to be able to see the traps and pitfalls in order to avoid them. That’s how he took over the Gambinos from Anastasia, and took over the commission by outing Vito Genovese.
One of the things that always will continue to amuse me; the Genoveses are named after well... a guy who was anything but cunning and smart during his reign? Such a shame.. Luciano... Costello. And they end up being named after him lol.
Its only named after him because those were the name ofthe families at the time of the Valachi hearings that went to the public
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:06 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:19 am Forgot who said it but someone in another family refered to the Luccheses as the LuCrazies. The NY guys also refered to the DeCavalcante guys as farmers.

Pogo
I read somewhere that NY guys called Chicago guys farmers too. (Wish I could recall the reference.)
Was that a more general thing, or just Pete Gotti being a prick when he was locked up with Solly D?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:06 pm

Pogo
Was that a more general thing, or just Pete Gotti being a prick when he was locked up with Solly D?
I don't know, that's why I want to find the source.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Pogo
I don't know, that's why I want to find the source.
I recall it being reported in that specific context, but don't have a source offhand.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

NothingNew44 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:11 pm Recent individuals perceptions:

Pennisi - “the Genovese are from outer space, they’re so different. They do it right.”

Subjective but still.

Ive always said that.I know the rule is all made guys are equal but compare a colombo to a genevese made guy,look at the other 3 families and how they would compare the 2.The Gambinos have a sitdown with the colombos and probably win like 90% of the time but if they have one with the westside they have to prepare much better and westside has a reputation as coming out on top most of the time.The only time i know the gambinos would constantly loose sitdowns was when Gotti jr would show up to them.He lost to tommy karate and wild bill.But i think that had nothing to do with the gambinos but more of the fact the noone in that world respected jr.I think everyone at that point knew Corrozo and marino were the real power in the gambinos.Why was an acting boss showing up against captains?It shows you the lack of respect they had for jr
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Subjective but still.
Borrello is real quick to shit on the modern day mafia but when they talk about the Westside, or Barney, he completely changes his tune.

Plus wasn’t there a Gambino skipper like 5-10 years ago that was caught on a wire complaining about how they have no fucking clue what’s going on with the Genovese family? Every time he’d have a sit down with them a different guy would show up claiming to be part of the leadership.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo
I think it was Gene Gotti
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Frank wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:16 pm

Pogo
Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Pogo
Someone had recently posted that.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Subjective but still.
Borrello is real quick to shit on the modern day mafia but when they talk about the Westside, or Barney, he completely changes his tune.

Plus wasn’t there a Gambino skipper like 5-10 years ago that was caught on a wire complaining about how they have no fucking clue what’s going on with the Genovese family? Every time he’d have a sit down with them a different guy would show up claiming to be part of the leadership.
You had a Gambino Soldier saying Muscarella is underboss last year and that idiot Ed scarpo or whatever his name is outing the street boss as ragusa which turned out to be true, don't think they are as secretive as people make out but it's 2021and they and especially the new Gambino leadership in the last 10 years are so far ahead of the other families its laughable.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Jezza9009 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:18 pm I know the Genovese are considered top dogs and the Gambinos second... but in Don Carlo's heyday... weren't they right up there? He was such a smart and capable guy, almost like a chess master... always a step ahead, didn't he even fuck around with the Genoveses and got one of their bosses in trouble?
I think they've always been very close in terms of power,. Carlo's years they were maybe just on top but they get underrated now, no doubt the westside had the more astute leaders in the last 30 years, look at the busts of the gambinos in recent years, big in prostitution, gambling, drugs, they are probably the biggest family but the Genovese seem to have an edge in the unions, new Gambino leadership has definitely made them more stable the last 10 years.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Frank wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Pogo
Someone had recently posted that.
If you could provide the link it would be greatly appreciated.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Subjective but still.

The word of these 4 doesn’t mean much. Gene wasn’t made because of his feminine looking face and that high pitched voiced. He’s someone you kinda scratch your head at and wonder how true his stories are...my BS detector goes off with Pennisi and Gene.
#Let’s Go Brandon!