Cosmo Sandalo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Gabagool718
Straightened out

Cosmo Sandalo

Post by Gabagool718 »

Gambino zip from Connecticut apparently member of Ndrangheta before coming over seas great write up on lcnbios about him https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2019/04/bi ... o.html?m=1 I believe this is his grandson or maybe nephew https://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/norw ... ng-offense
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Re: Cosmo Sandalo

Post by Gabagool718 »

Big time cocaine plug in Stamford/Norwalk for years also owns slice of Italy pizzeria on Washington st in SoNo
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Thank for the post. I remember reading about this a few wks ago. He was arrested with someone else i believe, a greek fellow, and the OC unit was one of the listing agencies involved in the arrest. It said he can face life given his history via Norwalk newspapers, the hour and the patch .com
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:57 am Thank for the post. I remember reading about this a few wks ago. He was arrested with someone else i believe, a greek fellow, and the OC unit was one of the listing agencies involved in the arrest. It said he can face life given his history via Norwalk newspapers, the hour and the patch .com
Shit ton of Greeks in Norwalk lots of them running card games, gambling parlors and bookmaking one would assume they gotta be kicking up to LCN and as far as Dom he’s toast dude already has 2 federal convictions
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Looks like he was done in by a C.I. In one article I read it says they LE was looking at him for 10 yrs then. a quick document search revealed he tried to get the judge to reveal the CI but it was denied. It says he was born in 1974 and he requested to visit his mothers gravesite as part of his bail release conditions as well as him and his wife's home on the 1.5M surety bond which is high imo
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Based on the seizure it looks like he had a nice biz going there

Well diversified lol and he’ll likely survive this seizure
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

TommyNoto wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:29 pm Based on the seizure it looks like he had a nice biz going there

Well diversified lol and he’ll likely survive this seizure
At one time he had Joe Tacopina out of NY as his attorney.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Honestly JD needs to throw us a bone every now and then!!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I was reading more about it and it says he originally was convicted of 70 months but Tacopina got it down to 57 based on getting some crack/cocaine distribution charge lowered or dropped and it says Domenico traveled to NY to get large quantities of xyz but that's all that's noted.
These new charges do not reflect anything I noted.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Is that how Megale got into the life then through his uncle
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

TommyGambino wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 am Is that how Megale got into the life then through his uncle
Yeah your on point. It must be noted though, that Cosmo was made in Italy so he couldn't be made here and struggled doing business with made men in the states.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

From the Buffalo/Ontario thread:
B. wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:14 am LCNBios' article about Connecticut 'ndrangheta member Cosmo Sandalo (who appears to have been later inducted into the Gambino family) says he was from Oppido Mamertina, Calabria and was in close contact with 'ndrangheta figures in Toronto and Montreal.

I was re-reading that article and it dawned on me that the Luppinos are from Oppido Mamertina as well. Highly likely that the Luppino-Violis were among Sandalo's Canadian friends. Interesting, too, that like the Luppino-Violis he was made into a US family.

Sandalo's nephew was the Gambino CT leader Tony Megale, who is now dead. A CI described Canadians figures coming to a Sandalo relative's wedding in Connecticut in 1970, so Megale appears to have had opportunities to meet some of the Canadians. I wonder if he maintained ties there.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

B. wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:20 pm From the Buffalo/Ontario thread:
B. wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:14 am LCNBios' article about Connecticut 'ndrangheta member Cosmo Sandalo (who appears to have been later inducted into the Gambino family) says he was from Oppido Mamertina, Calabria and was in close contact with 'ndrangheta figures in Toronto and Montreal.

I was re-reading that article and it dawned on me that the Luppinos are from Oppido Mamertina as well. Highly likely that the Luppino-Violis were among Sandalo's Canadian friends. Interesting, too, that like the Luppino-Violis he was made into a US family.

Sandalo's nephew was the Gambino CT leader Tony Megale, who is now dead. A CI described Canadians figures coming to a Sandalo relative's wedding in Connecticut in 1970, so Megale appears to have had opportunities to meet some of the Canadians. I wonder if he maintained ties there.
Is being transferred the same as being made? So Cosmo was made in Italy, and transferred to Gambinos.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:39 pm
B. wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:20 pm From the Buffalo/Ontario thread:

Is being transferred the same as being made? So Cosmo was made in Italy, and transferred to Gambinos.
No. He was a Ndrangheta member. So if he did become a Gambino member, he would have to be made. You cant transfer from Ndrangheta to LCN. Only one LCN Family to another.