General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:24 pm What did Solly say about Marco can anyone screen shot that? Did those two serve their time together?

I think Solly is still involved at a high level, but not the boss. He is the godfather of Billy D's daughters and very close to that family - I don't think the Feds are watching Facebook. If they did, Joe Lopez would have been fucked - that guy posted about all of his clients in that Outfit facebook group.
Amongst other things. My guess is he is similar to what Accardo was, a senior counsel of some sort. I know it was triggering to that guy, but my point was I'm sure Solly isn't particularly worried a Godfather meme is going to get him in trouble.

Posted a picture of Marco and in the comments said love you and miss you lots of years together. Also, a happy new year and happy birthday i miss you post. Looks like he doesn't have his profile private.
ThomasSpears
Associate

Post by ThomasSpears »

funkster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:06 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:24 pm What did Solly say about Marco can anyone screen shot that? Did those two serve their time together?

I think Solly is still involved at a high level, but not the boss. He is the godfather of Billy D's daughters and very close to that family - I don't think the Feds are watching Facebook. If they did, Joe Lopez would have been fucked - that guy posted about all of his clients in that Outfit facebook group.
Amongst other things. My guess is he is similar to what Accardo was, a senior counsel of some sort. I know it was triggering to that guy, but my point was I'm sure Solly isn't particularly worried a Godfather meme is going to get him in trouble.

Posted a picture of Marco and in the comments said love you and miss you lots of years together. Also, a happy new year and happy birthday i miss you post. Looks like he doesn't have his profile private.
Not sure I am triggered.. in truth I get a kick out of the fanboyism. It’s cute in a weird pathetic way. To the actual topic— it’s of my opinion he seems to be retired from that life and my opinion “triggered” a snarky response because heavens no... not your idol..lol anyways I don’t doubt at all he doesn’t associate with guys from his past and many who still could be active. A rational person would look at it and see a guy who seems to be content with his past ( hence all the mafia memes and hell a photo and acknowledging Marco) and now just wants to enjoy his money and grandkids. Bonanno soldier shelved over speedo but the head honcho of chicago is posting godfather and Scarface memes every 5 minutes. Again sorry for “triggering” you. Let’s all hope at this moment he is getting his share of the street tax! Long live the outfit!
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Ah, always my favorite argument. The guys who get mad so respond with the "fanboy" stuff, the old reliable. Yes huge fanboy here, cause I REALLY REALLY hope Solly D isn't retired. Like I give a shit if he is or not. Can always tell the bored old men on these boards. Especially coming from the guy who was creeping on Solly D's facebook page lol.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

For that I thank you! I didnt realize my hero's page wasn't private!
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

ThomasSpears wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:00 pm you dumbass
Keep it down.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I was surprised to see Solly D on Facebook. It's mostly Godfather and Scarface memes, and ads for his business. At 80 years old he's still spraying the inside of homes and businesses himself, he's in good shape.
Last edited by Antiliar on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarrettM
Associate

Post by BarrettM »

Chicago guys, I have a Prohibition (and 1930's) era question. How was it that Capone was able to steamroll or bring to heel multiple LCN families? From reading this thread, Chicago Heights and Chicago proper each had native families staffed with men who were very capable, very serious with patronage networks and established racket. How did Capone usurp their prominence when each family is intentionally set up as a functional unit with councils within councils and connected to a powerful national network?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

BarrettM wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:20 am Chicago guys, I have a Prohibition (and 1930's) era question. How was it that Capone was able to steamroll or bring to heel multiple LCN families? From reading this thread, Chicago Heights and Chicago proper each had native families staffed with men who were very capable, very serious with patronage networks and established racket. How did Capone usurp their prominence when each family is intentionally set up as a functional unit with councils within councils and connected to a powerful national network?
Have a look at Villain's articles on the Outfit's formation in the article section, if you haven't already:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4851
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5605
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 am I was surprised to see Silly D on Facebook. It's mostly Godfather and Scarface memes, and ads for his business. At 80 years old he's still spraying the inside of homes and businesses himself, he's in good shape.
Its an outfit of guys that [come and clean your carpets]. If they were any other kinda businessmen, it would be, uh, ya know, da Chamber of Commerce.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Sorry if this was posted already - Rico "Ricky/Richie" Zuniga died from COVID in prison in November. He was part of the PK Crew and very close with Paul Koruluk and those guys (arrested multiple times with them). He was serving time for the murder of Carmen Sarlo and others along with Richard Bravieri. Richie and his brothers were all CNotes - one brother was shot and killed at an old gang hangout called TJ's on Western Avenue in the late 80s I believe.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... =197158685
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am Sorry if this was posted already - Rico "Ricky/Richie" Zuniga died from COVID in prison in November. He was part of the PK Crew and very close with Paul Koruluk and those guys (arrested multiple times with them). He was serving time for the murder of Carmen Sarlo and others along with Richard Bravieri. Richie and his brothers were all CNotes - one brother was shot and killed at an old gang hangout called TJ's on Western Avenue in the late 80s I believe.

Nice find, thanks for posting. Ricky married Paulie K's sister, I believe? I suspect that several of the Zunigas may have been C-Notes. Do you recall which brother was killed in the 80s? I'm not able to find anything in the papers on it. Also, do you remember exactly where TJs was located?

Here's a pic of Ricky Zuniga and Joey Bravieri at the time of the Sarlo/Gasic slayings. According to a witness who fled the scene, after shooting Joannie Gasic they turned on Sarlo: "No, you got to go, Carmie. You got to go, too." These guys were, of course, coked-up out of their skulls when this happened. The C-Notes fell into drugs super hard, and addiction did a lot of damage to the organization.
Zuniga and Joey Bravieri.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ran across a random file that mentioned guys who were still willing to dirty work (hits) even after assuming positions of authority within the organization:

Sam Giancana
Jack Cerone
Willie Daddano
Phil Alderisio
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:53 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am Sorry if this was posted already - Rico "Ricky/Richie" Zuniga died from COVID in prison in November. He was part of the PK Crew and very close with Paul Koruluk and those guys (arrested multiple times with them). He was serving time for the murder of Carmen Sarlo and others along with Richard Bravieri. Richie and his brothers were all CNotes - one brother was shot and killed at an old gang hangout called TJ's on Western Avenue in the late 80s I believe.

Nice find, thanks for posting. Ricky married Paulie K's sister, I believe? I suspect that several of the Zunigas may have been C-Notes. Do you recall which brother was killed in the 80s? I'm not able to find anything in the papers on it. Also, do you remember exactly where TJs was located?

Here's a pic of Ricky Zuniga and Joey Bravieri at the time of the Sarlo/Gasic slayings. According to a witness who fled the scene, after shooting Joannie Gasic they turned on Sarlo: "No, you got to go, Carmie. You got to go, too." These guys were, of course, coked-up out of their skulls when this happened. The C-Notes fell into drugs super hard, and addiction did a lot of damage to the organization.

These were definitely some rough guys and I remember that story vividly as I spent summers in that neighborhood. Gasic's family still lives there today. Reynald Zuniga was the brother who was killed:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Also - Maria Koruluk is Paul's wife - I am not sure if Paul also has a sister named Maria. I believe his wife's maiden name was Vargas - I saw reported she was related to Sam Cecola, but doubt that as she is half puerto rican.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:22 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:53 pm

These were definitely some rough guys and I remember that story vividly as I spent summers in that neighborhood. Gasic's family still lives there today. Reynald Zuniga was the brother who was killed:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Also - Maria Koruluk is Paul's wife - I am not sure if Paul also has a sister named Maria. I believe his wife's maiden name was Vargas - I saw reported she was related to Sam Cecola, but doubt that as she is half puerto rican.
Maria Vargas is either half Italian or her family is intermarried with Italians. I recall seeing some obituaries and other notices that showed the surnames, don't recall if Cecola was one of them.

Thanks for the link to Renaldo Zuñiga. Are we sure that he was Ricky's brother? I ask because Zuñiga is such a common surname. That TJs spot was a really shitty dive bar next to Rich's Deli on Iowa. That wasn't C-Notes territory (not that some of them necessarily couldn't have gone there of course), Dragons used to hang out there by the 90s (previously it was Chi-West, a largely Ukrainian gang). Incidentally a few years after this a friend of mine used to DJ in that bar. The place didn't card so I was able to go as a kid lol.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:05 pm Ran across a random file that mentioned guys who were still willing to dirty work (hits) even after assuming positions of authority within the organization:

Sam Giancana
Jack Cerone
Willie Daddano
Phil Alderisio
Thanks. None of these names come as a surprise, of course. What was the source?