General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wasn't she also banging JFK at the same time she was with Giancana or is that one of those mob myths?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:57 am Wasn't she also banging JFK at the same time she was with Giancana or is that one of those mob myths?

Pogo
I think it was another girl..i dont remember her name right now. Story goes that both JFK and GIancana also banged Monroe at the same time. I know theres one report which states that Giancana thought McGuire had an affair with one actor/comedian i think, and so he hired one CIA agent to bug her hotel room. The agent was caught by hotel security during the process and it became a huge scandal.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Speaking about Giancana, any of you guys ever compared pictures of Mooney and Solly D? Especially when they smile lol Back in the days Giancana was known for banging many members' wives and mothers lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:57 am Wasn't she also banging JFK at the same time she was with Giancana or is that one of those mob myths?

Pogo
Probably thinking of Judith Exner.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yes that was the one. Thanks. If I remember right it was McGuire who was on that Crime Inc documentary from 1980s talking her relationship with Giacana.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm Yes that was the one. Thanks. If I remember right it was McGuire who was on that Crime Inc documentary from 1980s talking her relationship with Giacana.

Pogo
Nah, that was Judy Exner again.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks again. It has been a long time since I've seen that one

Pogo
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:37 pm Thanks again. It has been a long time since I've seen that one

Pogo
Always worth a rewatch. One thing that I find interesting is how Jerry DeNono referred to the Chicago crews as "families". While he was of course not a made member, it's always nice to have a glimpse into how guys at the ground level perceived the structure of the organization from their point of view.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks Polack.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:40 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:37 pm Thanks again. It has been a long time since I've seen that one

Pogo
Always worth a rewatch. One thing that I find interesting is how Jerry DeNono referred to the Chicago crews as "families". While he was of course not a made member, it's always nice to have a glimpse into how guys at the ground level perceived the structure of the organization from their point of view.

Also interesting was him saying that only made members got a piece of the action and that associates had to engage in burglaries and robberies to make a living because they didn't get to share in the pot. Not sure what he was getting at there. I'm sure there were tons of associates who got to enjoy the profits of the gambling, loansharking, street tax and union rackets just like the made members.

Pogo
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:48 pm

Pogo

Also interesting was him saying that only made members got a piece of the action and that associates had to engage in burglaries and robberies to make a living because they didn't get to share in the pot. Not sure what he was getting at there. I'm sure there were tons of associates who got to enjoy the profits of the gambling, loansharking, street tax and union rackets just like the made members.

Pogo
He was getting at something that does square up with other Intel from Chicago informants though I think. It's a question I've been grappling with myself. Per my current understanding, one of the distinctive things about Chicago is that made members have the right to a share of the family profits. The way I've interpreted this is that once you were made you were entitled to run a franchise in partnership with your capo, who in turn was in partnership with the admin. So a made member is a "franchisee" and essentially a "shareholder" or stake holder in the family as a business enterprise. Associates/soldiers were instead "employees", who I'm sure were often paid by the made guy who they belonged to, but they didn't have any right to share directly in the profits of the franchise they worked for. So I'm sure lots of them had to steal and engage in other such activities to make ends meet or try to get ahead. I'd imagine how much you were getting paid might vary considerably depending on not just how lucrative the racket was but also the relationship you had with the made guy who served as your boss.

This to me seems like a good approximation of how the Outfit operated based on informant intel, at least in the past (60s/70s at the very least). There may be some reason to believe that this organizational model goes back to the days of the Capone gang, as my understanding is that the upper echelon members of the Capone organization, who sat on its "board of directors", were similarly considered shareholders entitled to a portion of the proceeds of the collective enterprise while the bulk of their operatives were paid employees. Such a pattern could have easily been adapted to reflect the status of inducted LCN members when the Capone organization and the Chicago mafia were merged. Though to be honest I don't really understand how the old Chicago mafia would've operated as a business model, so it's hard to say to what degree the Outfit also drew on those precedents. It'd would be useful I think to do a comparative study looking at practices in other US families at different time periods, as well as in Sicily.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That makes sense. Good breakdown.

Pogo
Sam22
Honorary Member

Post by Sam22 »

Pogo
Speaking doc it is one of the better ones ever imo. Does anyone know what Gerry DeNono's story is? I got that he was associated with the north side crew but not much else. Maybe close with Caesar Divarco?
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

She and Giancana remind me of this film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqci4-YVj7A
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:11 am She and Giancana remind me of this film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqci4-YVj7A
I love this movie