Philadelphia's Boston Crew

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

cdc
Straightened out

Re: Philadelphia's Boston Crew

Post by cdc »

I didn’t take you as the easily offended type wiseguy 😉

I’ve been around through American mafia and real deal so although my post count is low I’m hardly new around here. You do have some good points just think maybe you could be a bit ,ore polite in your voicing of them lol, anyway let’s get back to philly Boston crew. My personal opinion. If the philly fam were looking to re establish connections in AC, which we know they were as the underboss was recorded saying as much, where they have had historical connections I don’t think it’s a stretch they would be doing it in Boston too. But I could well be wrong.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

cdc wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:42 pm I didn’t take you as the easily offended type wiseguy 😉

I’ve been around through American mafia and real deal so although my post count is low I’m hardly new around here. You do have some good points just think maybe you could be a bit ,ore polite in your voicing of them lol, anyway let’s get back to philly Boston crew. My personal opinion. If the philly fam were looking to re establish connections in AC, which we know they were as the underboss was recorded saying as much, where they have had historical connections I don’t think it’s a stretch they would be doing it in Boston too. But I could well be wrong.
Or....ooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrr.....

The family not maintaining control of things in their own backyard (AC) makes it less likely they have started up a crew 300 miles away.

Eh?
All roads lead to New York.
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

I get what you are saying but it’s not as if Philadelphia residents are going to Boston to operate the crew.

It’s supposedly guys local,to Boston reporting to members of the family in philly. How is it different from Merlino still being boss even though he’s in Florida now.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

cdc wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:53 pm I get what you are saying but it’s not as if Philadelphia residents are going to Boston to operate the crew.

It’s supposedly guys local,to Boston reporting to members of the family in philly. How is it different from Merlino still being boss even though he’s in Florida now.
We actually have evidence of Merlino being the boss even though he lives in Florida. The 2016 indictment, comments he made at the Rigoletto's dinner, etc.

And even then, Merlino running things that way isn't exactly the norm. And it wouldn't really be accurate to say the Philly mob has a presence or is active in Florida. That's just where their official boss lives and spends much of his time.
All roads lead to New York.
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

We certainly don’t have much if any evidence of Florida based rackets but merlino has conducted criminal business (meeting other organized crime figures) there related to the philly family and has legitimate business interests there.

Also we do have evidence of a Boston based philly crew it’s just that it was a while ago. We do know there are made philly mafia guys there the question is are they active anymore and are the still reporting to/ in contact with the family.
jcapo3
Prospect

Post by jcapo3 »

If you google Shawn Vetere, he seems to be doing very well in the legitimate world.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:28 am It's funny that during the entire history of these forum mob authors and reporters are never held on any kind of s pedestal. Everyone from Carlo, Volkman, Davis, Balsamo, Roemer etc are regularly ravished and often in vicious ways. Even Capeci is regularly shit on. I mean Christ for years many posters have openly refered to Dave Schratwieser as 'Mayo Face' and no bats an eye at any of it. Yet if you question Scott B you will see a certain segment of the forums get up in arms over it. It is like a Twilight Zone alternate reality.

Pogo
No one is putting Scott on a pedestal. There's a difference between "Pogo, I think you confuse/inflate...." versus "Pogo, you're lying and embellishing..." The former welcomes and encourages amicable debate while the latter is a non-starter which would make you not want to take whoever said that seriously.

Also, the difference between Scott and all those other names is that they don't post here, he does.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

cdc wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:12 pm We certainly don’t have much if any evidence of Florida based rackets but merlino has conducted criminal business (meeting other organized crime figures) there related to the philly family and has legitimate business interests there.

Also we do have evidence of a Boston based philly crew it’s just that it was a while ago. We do know there are made philly mafia guys there the question is are they active anymore and are the still reporting to/ in contact with the family.

I don't know if they do or not but over the last 21 years there have exactly zero Philadelphia members and associates indicted in either Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The closest thing to any of the old Luisi Crew remaining criminally active was Robert Gentile and Anthony Parnete being busted in Connecticut (where they both lived) for conspiring to distribute oxy 9 years ago. They are both well into their 80s now. During the same period we have seen hundreds of Patriarca and Genovese members and associates indicted. I think that is pretty telling.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:28 am It's funny that during the entire history of these forum mob authors and reporters are never held on any kind of s pedestal. Everyone from Carlo, Volkman, Davis, Balsamo, Roemer etc are regularly ravished and often in vicious ways. Even Capeci is regularly shit on. I mean Christ for years many posters have openly refered to Dave Schratwieser as 'Mayo Face' and no bats an eye at any of it. Yet if you question Scott B you will see a certain segment of the forums get up in arms over it. It is like a Twilight Zone alternate reality.

Pogo
I've defended both Capeci and Anastasia when hating on them was the flavor of the month on the boards. I'm also more than happy to challenge their info when I have something that disagrees with them. The same applies to every person on this board, every author, and every former mobster.

I've never seen Scott placed on a pedestal here. People repost his stories and at most take them at face value, but he doesn't get treated like a celebrity or higher authority by the vast majority of the board. Scott's articles should be questioned and discussed, period. I see his site as a "mafia tabloid" -- I don't think Scott is sitting there brainstorming bogus info for his articles, I think he reports gossip he actually hears but without knowing his sources it's hard to do more than read it, think about it, and move on.

Keep in mind some people know each other off the boards. Not everyone on here communicates 100% anonymously and that is reflected in the way they communicate on the board.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It is certainly not as bad now but it was really prevalent the first few years he was on the forums. Anyone who questioned his reporting on Detroit was immediately attacked as an asshole who was attacking Scott personally or you were being arrogant to think you could question his info. I should know since I was on the receiving end of a lot of it. The passage of the last decade has really damped down all that Detroit hype but it was alive and well on the RD and anyone who went against it got a ton of shit for it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I must have ignored or missed it. I'm glad most people just want to have good, balanced discussion these days.

I'm just waiting for the news to drop about how the Philly boss in Boca Raton met with the Buffalo boss in Hollywood, FL. They're practically neighbors.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I take issues with some of Scott's conclusions, we have some very contrasting views of things. But he's not out to lie or deceive. He's not sitting down thinking "hmm, what can I say to generate views/hits/noteriety." If he's proven wrong he'll admit to that. That gets my respect especially when many on here refuse to acknowledge when they are wrong or brush it off. Also, he doesn't have to be here, he's big time now, a published author with a Giancana, Leonetti, linked into Hollywood, etc. He can do whatever he wants. What brings him back here is a passion and a love for the topic. There's a common ground to be found once we all put away our swinging dicks.

Chester Lamare "a rat for the feds," 17 Capos in Detroit in 1963, not happening, fuck no, I can break that up and tear it down. However, if you asked me about one detail about Besase or Tony Scott or any other Detroit player all I could offer is crickets, while Scott could provide a complete bio of each and every one of those names in great detail. We all have different strengths and weaknesses.

You might ask where the discrepancy lies between 17 captains and 6, well it's similar to me considering Cleveland, LA, NO and Buffalo to be "Families" while others would argue they are non-viable and cannot be factored into NY, NE, NJ and Phila. Let's acknowledge each other's passion and quest for a deeper understanding, put shit together and bounce off each other. That's my philosophy.

Regarding his earlier charts and every name being a soldier. I'm guilty of that too. In past times had I read an article about say Masseria being arrested with Joe Afanculo, Barry Cazzu and Vito Te Facciu I'd have labeled them as three new early Genovese soldiers. I don't do that now as I've grown much more conservative and don't label anyone and everyone as members. He's done the same. Doesn't change the fact that those he listed existed and were criminally active with the Organization.

People that lie, claim they are in the know or have relatives when they do not. Fuck them. They deserve to be ostracized. Scott doesn't fall into that category. Me, B. WG, Pogo and a host of others would never lie to make a point to win the argument, neither would Scott.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Update- some of this is wrong, I'll correct it soon.

Spoke to a source re. Luisi:

1 Only Tanso and an individual who manages an auto body shop in Revere speak to him. So what I speculated about any ongoing connections was a swing and a miss.
2 In their opinion, if anyone encountered Luisi in person they would "smack him around."
3 People always held the opinion that he was a "jerk off." (This jives with Previte's opinion on him back in the 90's.)

Re. Paulie Pep

1 Paul and Dave murdered someone after Luisi flipped and they got arrested.
2 Paul absconded to an Indian reservation in Arizona where he stayed for 2 or 3 years before returning.
3 Upon his return he was avoided because there was speculation that he "either flipped, lost his mind or both."
4 Source believes when he returned he served 9 months for gun charge in Ft Devens.
5 While inside he was accused of being an informant in the state murder case which wasn't true.
6 Upon release no one would deal with him, his cousin who "survived '99" told him no one wants to talk to him.
7 Paul Pep then went to the Fl panhandle for 5 years.
8 At some point he and Luisi reconnected.
9 Source stated it needs to be understood that Paul is "just a lone wolf"
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

On the above, I might have fucked up some of the info. When I have time I'll correct it. I confused some of the above between Pep and Tanso so allow me time to rectify.

In other words, don't take it all in yet.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Also interesting to note about the Pepicellis is there involvement in film production. James Gandolfini visited David Pepicelli in prison while he was serving his time for the 1999 shooting.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2008/03/07 ... r-at-last/
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'