Most low-key mob boss today?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JVerilla
Honorary Member

Re: Most low-key mob boss today?

Post by JVerilla »

Barney, no question
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

The boss of the decavalcantes, there isn’t even a name out there now that’s low key
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Isnt the whole Decavalcante leadership unknown?
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

The decavalcante situation is quite interesting. The last we heard was from the philly and gambino family lunch where I think it was Luca ta was bitching about the guy running the decavalcante family and that it was the son of a former boss. Not sure if it was ever revealed who they were referring to.

I also think cefalu is being a bit overlooked here. He’s been the boss longer, fbi known he’s been boss longer and also been on the streets longer than Barney.

But this could all change if an indictment comes down and it turns out they were chatting on phones or some other stupid shit.
YOtoLI
Associate

Post by YOtoLI »

JesusMalverde wrote:
HoagieNose wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:43 am Since he seems to be the most mentioned , does Anyone have a recent pic of Barney? Where he lives ? Alleged net worth?
bal harbour or new rochelle. he has a big apt complex in fordham and a big construction company in port chester so in the tens of millions
Yea he owns several apartment buildings. I used to work for him a few years ago. Also it’s funny I’ve been to his hone several times not one person in here know where it is. And if they do they’re not saying it. And I won’t say it. But the guy is weary of everyone and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:13 pm Isnt the whole Decavalcante leadership unknown?
Frank Nigro is still considered to be the reputed consigliere the rest is unknown
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

one thing I always wondered was that if Barney was boss and had the ultimate say so, how was his street boss ‘allowed’ to operate a social club in the open like that, to the point where it was public knowledge? GL wrote articles on how active the club was, and it’s door was open with guys hanging inside and out a good 14 hours a day just about every day of the week. I used to pass by there for my old job and i can count on one hand the times i didnt see people hanging around and it was because it was raining.

I know these guys aren't planning master capers in there, but still. on top of that it seems that we know now, this wasn't or isnt the only open and active genovese social club.

we’ve seen a lot ‘lesser’ bosses move away from the social club model and shut them down, so its weird for the non traditional Genovese with the most secretive guy at the helm to continue them. but maybe it does make sense for his own street boss to have one, as SOMEONE needs to be accessible at the end of the day. ultimately somewhere down the chain these guys need to be committing crimes

someone else mentioned it, but maybe they really do have more of a cell or satellite structure. hearing Rubeo claim that he thought Parello was the boss made me think that a little, as well. for his purposes and anyone else around that area maybe Parello was technically the boss..but again, for their purposes, not for the entire family purposes.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Maybe it was a decoy. Just a thought
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

Ryan98366 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 am
Ozgoz wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm Makes you wonder how involved he actually is.
I agree. I have wondered that about Barney. A boss who isn’t around, isn’t meeting with members, isn’t being a leader in the traditional sense. He’s the boss in title. We all give him praise as the best boss but what does he actually do?

If he has 1-2 guys he really trusts that go around collecting info he needs to know etc relying it back to him then Barney in return gives orders back through those guys he could still be a decently hands on boss just without showing face
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

thesociety 89 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:08 pm Isnt that how it tends to work in Sicily, they probably never see the boss there either
Sicilian families are smaller so I would assume they see their underlings more often, at least when they aren’t in prison.