New Theory podcast Pennisi part 3

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: New Theory podcast Pennisi part 3

Post by mafiastudent »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:17 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:10 am
mafiastudent wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:52 amFantasy Island.
Yeah. 15yrs inside and he’s never thrown one 🙄
Or the multiple references he makes about clocking guys. When he’s with Boobsie and wants to clock a guy, when he’s angry with Boobsie for not clocking any Bonanno’s when they storm the club.
All sounds like someone who’s never been in a scrap before. Idiots.
He ran away after he killed the guy he went to prison for. Lied on the stand. Tried committing suicide while in prison. And by his own admission couldn't complete a task assigned to him to give someone a "hospital beating." Yeah. Sounds like a real intimidating guy.
I should add that it was never determined whether or not he was actually the one who killed the guy.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Oh, wait. I should revise. He has "thrown one"....when he knocked his girlfriend's teeth out. I guess that counts.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

In his testimony Pennisi said Ralph Balsamo is a captain. Did he mention this in the podcasts?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

JohnnyS wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:39 am In his testimony Pennisi said Ralph Balsamo is a captain. Did he mention this in the podcasts?
Yeah in part 2
Jezza9009
Associate

Post by Jezza9009 »

I think JP just comes across as a low-key guy, not some pussy as some have suggested here in this thread. If anything he seemed to be quite the historian on the mob/knew what went wrong in the past and how to conduct business to last longer on the streets. It seems he just grew more and more annoyed by the cowboy mentality of some of his fellow made men? him mentioning his captain organizing parties and inviting the whole crew for all to see, one of his fellow soldiers suggesting using WhatsApp for communication because the feds couldn't crack it supposedly (WTF)

On the other side, he is full of praise for the WS and how secretive they are... he comes across as admiring them even.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Or the multiple references he makes about clocking guys. When he’s with Boobsie and wants to clock a guy, when he’s angry with Boobsie for not clocking any Bonanno’s when they storm the club.
He ran away after he killed the guy he went to prison for. Lied on the stand. Tried committing suicide while in prison. And by his own admission couldn't complete a task assigned to him to give someone a "hospital beating." Yeah. Sounds like a real intimidating guy.
Yeah, you’re TOTALLY objective when it comes to Pennisi eh.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:12 pm
Yeah, you’re TOTALLY objective when it comes to Pennisi eh.
You forgot how he "threw one" and punched out his girlfriend's teeth.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

bluehouse wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:01 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:46 pm
joeycigars wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:10 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:57 pm I've never seen someone in the mob so reluctant to commit crimes then Pennisi
Yea I agree ,I wouldn't go near this guy after what he says about that Fight at the strip club , 27 guys fighting 5 knocked out one broken leg,

Pennisi doesn't even land a shot and the WS said he didn't raise his hands at all ,That is enough for any street guy to be suspect let alone all the dogging he was doing , And that speeded up him getting made ???? WTF seems Crea lost it , He made bad decisions in the last few years ,

Pennisi has a way with words and stories a plus I give him that , But peel back the onion .....Posters hate on Alite, But Alite the associate did more in one summer then Pennisi did his whole life , And Im no Alite fan ,
Hes only a stickler for mob protocol or the rules when his hands might get dirty. He knew what he was doing with his "less is more'' talk so the genoveses thought he had his button. He said he tried to throw a punch. He's a bitch and his past history gave him credibility that he didn't earn and wasn't properly vetted.
I think this guy is so likeable now because everyone is sick of alite and gene and franceze.His stories are believable and people are just so sick of all this lying.President kennedy assasination,Jimmy hoffa murder it never ends with former rats always acting as if they were bigger than what they were.This guy atleast tells you stories of insignificant things like xmas parties but he says the truth that they are actually borring and nothing goes on,were as john alit xmas dinner story would be some bullshit that all the heads of the families bowed down to him them guys from the cali cartel made an appereace and then he had to shoot his way out of the hall against navy seals.Gene was interesting only when he specificly only talked about his crew once he started saying the mafia is dead it showed you how insignificant he was.he thought ronnie g crew was the only crew making money and commited violance.
I couldn’t agree more. John Alite and Gene Borrello have a hard time facing the fact that the mob just used guys like them. Gene has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen.....And Alite discovered water. Gene a complete clown! Always sounding envious. I don’t mean he’s full of crap about what he did. I just mean he’s telling white lies about how present day LCN is “weakened and soft” and he is the last violent Italian American in New York. I have no problem with a guy that is serious about changing his life, but what makes me laugh is Gene Borrello sits in these interviews and calls people rats and he’s one of the biggest rats himself. Alite was low level associate. He tries to make it look like he was in deeper with the mob then he really was. I tried to take Alite seriously but in one interview, he said that he thinks of himself as being more dangerous than Sammy Gravano “by his own hand”. And that he shot someone in front of John Gotti Sr.’s house and didn’t care that it was in front of his house. And how he happened to be driving once and saw a friend of his getting beat with a baseball bat by a group of guys, so he jumps out of his car and shot the guys, like some sort of an action movie.

In one interview Alite stated that he killed 2 or 3 guys on his property. So two or three dead bodies and no investigation by NYPD detectives.It’s like when he’s telling stories of things that he’s done, he always portrays himself to be a super tough guy/killer who was always tougher and more feared than his counterparts. I’m going to assume that he really was a tough guy and a killer back in the day, but he exaggerates himself and his standing a lot.Their show is absolutely unwatchable. I’ve tried but they are so inarticulate and boring it hurts. They brag about who they baseball batted and how many purses they snatched, then say "oh this is for the kids" lmao. The fact remains neither Alite nor Borrello were actual made men.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

bluehouse wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:01 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:46 pm
joeycigars wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:10 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:57 pm I've never seen someone in the mob so reluctant to commit crimes then Pennisi
Yea I agree ,I wouldn't go near this guy after what he says about that Fight at the strip club , 27 guys fighting 5 knocked out one broken leg,

Pennisi doesn't even land a shot and the WS said he didn't raise his hands at all ,That is enough for any street guy to be suspect let alone all the dogging he was doing , And that speeded up him getting made ???? WTF seems Crea lost it , He made bad decisions in the last few years ,

Pennisi has a way with words and stories a plus I give him that , But peel back the onion .....Posters hate on Alite, But Alite the associate did more in one summer then Pennisi did his whole life , And Im no Alite fan ,
Hes only a stickler for mob protocol or the rules when his hands might get dirty. He knew what he was doing with his "less is more'' talk so the genoveses thought he had his button. He said he tried to throw a punch. He's a bitch and his past history gave him credibility that he didn't earn and wasn't properly vetted.
I think this guy is so likeable now because everyone is sick of alite and gene and franceze.His stories are believable and people are just so sick of all this lying.President kennedy assasination,Jimmy hoffa murder it never ends with former rats always acting as if they were bigger than what they were.This guy atleast tells you stories of insignificant things like xmas parties but he says the truth that they are actually borring and nothing goes on,were as john alit xmas dinner story would be some bullshit that all the heads of the families bowed down to him them guys from the cali cartel made an appereace and then he had to shoot his way out of the hall against navy seals.Gene was interesting only when he specificly only talked about his crew once he started saying the mafia is dead it showed you how insignificant he was.he thought ronnie g crew was the only crew making money and commited violance.
John Pennisi is the only former made man from the new era, at least after 2010. He got information all the way up to 2017. You are totally right. JP is so likeable now because everyone is sick of alite and gene and franceze.His stories are believable and people are just so sick of all this lying.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I still check John and Gene to see if they've had any good new guests but it's been a while since they have.
All roads lead to New York.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

At the end of the day the guy was made. The Luchese Family decided he was worthy of the status and should be invested in. There’s zero point discussing whether he deserved it or was a do nothing gangster. He obviously had something they wanted. I’m just as interested as anybody at what he did in that Life. But the guy having a 9-5 job to me says more about the lack of lucrative opportunities within LCN than the individual himself. The same goes for his general lack of “tough guy” stories. Who gives a shit. The guy has relevant modern information. If you want to hear guys bloviate about how hard they are or the violence they have committed then tune into John and Gene.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:01 pm At the end of the day the guy was made. The Luchese Family decided he was worthy of the status and should be invested in. There’s zero point discussing whether he deserved it or was a do nothing gangster. He obviously had something they wanted. I’m just as interested as anybody at what he did in that Life. But the guy having a 9-5 job to me says more about the lack of lucrative opportunities within LCN than the individual himself. The same goes for his general lack of “tough guy” stories. Who gives a shit. The guy has relevant modern information. If you want to hear guys bloviate about how hard they are or the violence they have committed then tune into John and Gene.
IMO John Pennisi is the best voice on Cosa Nostra in the modern era.
giantperfecto
Prospect

Post by giantperfecto »

Nick Prango wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:45 am
NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:01 pm At the end of the day the guy was made. The Luchese Family decided he was worthy of the status and should be invested in. There’s zero point discussing whether he deserved it or was a do nothing gangster. He obviously had something they wanted. I’m just as interested as anybody at what he did in that Life. But the guy having a 9-5 job to me says more about the lack of lucrative opportunities within LCN than the individual himself. The same goes for his general lack of “tough guy” stories. Who gives a shit. The guy has relevant modern information. If you want to hear guys bloviate about how hard they are or the violence they have committed then tune into John and Gene.
IMO John Pennisi is the best voice on Cosa Nostra in the modern era.
I fully agree, I'm not privy on any information on him in regards to his background and the claims that other posters make about him like him trying to kill himself in prison or anything in that, but as far as information on the Mafia in recent times goes, he is the best current source out there. Alite and Gene are a sad comedy, and I fall asleep when Franzese begins talking about that fucking gasoline scam for the billionth time, and regardless, they don't talk about the current modern mafia. Regardless of his "worthiness" of earning his button, Pennisi had his, and offers up a interesting insights into the current state of the Mafia quite freely and without much hesitation - and he doesn't talk out of school. I don't want to sound like I'm blowing him, but I struggle to think of anyone that offers insights like he does, especially on his blog, into modern LCN
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Wonder why the 6 Colombo rats that flipped after 2008 don't try the YouTube shit. Maybe they like the witsec checks
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

AntComello wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:14 am Can someone break down the Perna family tree for me cuz this shit is confusing
Michael Perna(deceased) made soldier his son Big Joe Perna(Joseph R Perna(Made in 2007 w/ his cousin Johnny)(according to Pennisi was acting Capo after or before Deluca) Michaels brother Ralph Sr (was made decades later after Michael but longtime crew member) .Ralph Sr has 3 sons. Ralph Jr (not made is Legit) John(made soldier) Little Joe(Joseph M Perna) (Made soldier in NY crew now). hope that helps lol
Last edited by Rocco on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.