What families are still active?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: What families are still active?

Post by givememysocks »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:42 am
joeycigars wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:26 pm montreal and toronto
The dudes in Canada kill each other like it's still the 1980s. More rackets to exploit in Canada.Canadian Italian Mafia are the top of the food chain. Money makers
Its easy the commit murders and serious drug crimes when the laws are so insanely relaxed. If you get caught moving 50 kilos of coke in canada its like 4-8 years but in the states thats an automatic life sentance
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

avvocato wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:29 pm I love the current fight on another board about the status of the Denver family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact anyone is trying to argue there's still a family in Denver in 2020 just shows how much ignorance there is on the mob. You literally have to go back about 40 years to find the last mob case out of Denver. There's only Eugene Smaldone Jr, who would be in his 80s now assuming he's even still alive.
All roads lead to New York.
avvocato
Straightened out

Post by avvocato »

Wiseguy wrote:
avvocato wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:29 pm I love the current fight on another board about the status of the Denver family...

The fact anyone is trying to argue there's still a family in Denver in 2020 just shows how much ignorance there is on the mob. You literally have to go back about 40 years to find the last mob case out of Denver. There's only Eugene Smaldone Jr, who would be in his 80s now assuming he's even still alive.
Agreed. Sourcing Kenji and their “own sources.” I think Eugene Jr is still alive at 90.

Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:14 pm

I kinda agree with you about Denver.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:14 pm

I kinda agree with you about Denver.
Kinda lol
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:23 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:49 am
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:59 am
The dudes in Canada kill each other like it's still the 1980s. More rackets to exploit in Canada.Canadian Italian Mafia are the top of the food chain. Money makers
The rackets are the same. The difference is Canadian law and law enforcement is still playing catch up. Canada is a liberal country and their laws are weak. They don't have RICO and their law enforcement doesn't yet have the in-house intel on organized crime the FBI and other agencies do in the U.S.
I wonder why although hard laws and rico united states still have a high murder rate
Poverty, racial disparities, lack of education, income inequality, and extremely loose gun laws all contribute to high rates of violent crime in America.

All of which existed in previous generations but we didn't see the same levels of violent crime. So obviously something else is at work here.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:43 pm
The rackets are the same. The difference is Canadian law and law enforcement is still playing catch up. Canada is a liberal country and their laws are weak. They don't have RICO and their law enforcement doesn't yet have the in-house intel on organized crime the FBI and other agencies do in the U.S.
I wonder why although hard laws and rico united states still have a high murder rate
Poverty, racial disparities, lack of education, income inequality, and extremely loose gun laws all contribute to high rates of violent crime in America.

All of which existed in previous generations but we didn't see the same levels of violent crime. So obviously something else is at work here.

Pogo
Violent crime rates in the U.S. have consistently decreased over the last thirty years, and studies have shown that increases in illegal immigration have little to no effect on violent crime rates.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2019 ... -and-crime
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:01 pm Violent crime rates in the U.S. have consistently decreased over the last thirty years, and studies have shown that increases in illegal immigration have little to no effect on violent crime rates.

I agree with you but there seems to be a major flaw in data like this. Recidivism skews the data toward higher crime rates for US citizens, because citizens don't face deportation as a result of criminal activity. A citizen offender has more opportunity to commit additional felonies on release.
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Who wants to start a KAnsas city debate? Wiseguy we really should come over here
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

I feel like some people on these forums have some weird fanboyish fantasy were the mafia is all powerfull and that all of these families that are obviously defunct still control everything. I understand that certain familes are debatable like buffalo but anyone who thinks denver or la are still active and powerfull are retarded.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

givememysocks wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:27 am I feel like some people on these forums have some weird fanboyish fantasy were the mafia is all powerfull and that all of these families that are obviously defunct still control everything. I understand that certain familes are debatable like buffalo but anyone who thinks denver or la are still active and powerfull are retarded.
More and more fantastical claims are appearing these days. It’s about the delusion of a secret society existing without peoples knowledge is the narrative constantly pushed. In the most technologically advanced age of law enforcement and the world for that matter. “We don’t know their power because they’re so secret”. Insane
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

givememysocks wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:27 am I feel like some people on these forums have some weird fanboyish fantasy were the mafia is all powerfull and that all of these families that are obviously defunct still control everything. I understand that certain familes are debatable like buffalo but anyone who thinks denver or la are still active and powerfull are retarded.
I think the pathology behind this is that because the mafia in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s was so powerful in the country yet at the same time so mysterious. It creates a great deal of intrigue by itself alone, not to mention all the gangster movies that glorify it or have the mafia as part of a subplot. Theres a lot of fascination with it.
However, with that being said I do think it is odd that people fanboy the mafia like they are cheering on their favorite team...The Luccheses, the Genoveses, etc “thats my team within the mafia” ... but its very true they dont have the political power anymore yet still seem to have almost as many members and associates they did back then. The families were bigger in the past, they are still formidable but their power and genepool for mafioso has dwiddled. No ones gonna fuck with the Genoveses or the Gambinos though, don’t get it twisted.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

More freedom....
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

givememysocks wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:05 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:01 pm Violent crime rates in the U.S. have consistently decreased over the last thirty years, and studies have shown that increases in illegal immigration have little to no effect on violent crime rates.

I agree with you but there seems to be a major flaw in data like this. Recidivism skews the data toward higher crime rates for US citizens, because citizens don't face deportation as a result of criminal activity. A citizen offender has more opportunity to commit additional felonies on release.

Those stats are useless since just about every big city PD in the country has been busted juking the stats (to use a term from The Wire) to show a lower crime rate. On top of that many big city PDs have effectively stopped responding to crime complaints with the result being that victims have just stopped calling the police because they either don't show up or won't do anything if they do.

The government at all levels has also been busted manipulating crime stats when it comes race to show Whites committing more crimes than they actually commit. For example you can just go to the BOP or any state inmate locator to see that they don't have a designation for Latino or Middle Eastern when it comes to the racial classification of the offender. Meaning all those clearly non-White offenders are lumped in as White when compiling the stats. You can also see the same thing on the state sex offender lists. Plus of course countless cities, counties and states across the country have also been cought deliberately covering up crime committed by illegal aliens.

In total these manipulated and highly politicized crime states are a joke and don't give an accurate and realistic portrayal of what life is really like on the streets of Amurrica.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:01 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Pogo
Violent crime rates in the U.S. have consistently decreased over the last thirty years, and studies have shown that increases in illegal immigration have little to no effect on violent crime rates.

Technology and better policing have had a big effect IMO as it’s just harder to commit violent acts. Standards of living have been improving for many as well .

But yeah crime is way down since the 70/80/90s. We live in such a safer environment today vs old days - 1950s level. LE has their faults but clearly they have improved their trade.

On illegals - Texas just did a study where native born are 2x more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 x for drug offenses and 4x for property crime . The gap was so noteable that the CATO institute is expanding the study to all 50 states now.

Latin American immigration in the 80s - early 2000s was a big reason for explosive GDP growth in the 90s/ early 2000s. It’s easy for them to come over as Corp America wants them here and always have. Every 1 immigrant adds 1.15 to GDP

Low GDP growth this decade is largely due to no population growth. Immigration has its costs and downsides but a weaker economy and higher crime aren’t them.