Some Interesting Info about John Pennisi

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Some Interesting Info about John Pennisi

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:10 pm
Eld wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:35 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:30 pm He mentions a social club next to Gargiulo's that I've actually mentioned here in the past. I was never sure what family it belonged to but Pennisi confirms it belongs to the Genovese family and a capo named Barry. I have no clue who that might be but a Genovese capo based out of Coney Island is interesting. Side note Gargiulo's recently sold their parking lot to a development company in a $100 million dollar deal. Coney Island has seen a decent amount of development in recent years.

2941 W. 15 Street right off the corner from Surf Ave
Thats probably Bartholomew Nichilo.
Good call Eld, that's 100% who he's talking about I found an address for him 3 blocks from the club.

NAME: BARRY JOSEPH NICHILO, ALSO KNOWN AS (AKA) BARTHOLOMEW J. NICHILO
sex: MALE RACE: WHITE DOB:
LAST KNOWN RESIDENCE: 2787 WEST 16TH ST., BROOKLYN# CONEY ISLAND# NY
Am I wrong or wasn't Nichilo previously designated a Gambino associate? When was he made by the WS? From what I understand he was a Coney Island guy from back then, but since when do the Genovese have a significant presence in that part of BK?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:38 pm
Am I wrong or wasn't Nichilo previously designated a Gambino associate? When was he made by the WS? From what I understand he was a Coney Island guy from back then, but since when do the Genovese have a significant presence in that part of BK?
I guess it could be a coincidence and a Gambino associate named Barry lives/lived 3 blocks away from the social club of a Genovese captain named Barry but Barry / Bartholomew isn't a very common name round these parts.
DannyTrio
Straightened out

Post by DannyTrio »

Barry is a friend of mine and is around the Gambino’s!..Close with Mickey boy Paradiso!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I wanted to start a separate thread on Barry Nichols or Nickles or whatever it is. First I'm hearing that he's a Capo but if Pannisi was introduced to him as such, and introduced to him BECAUSE he was a Capo, well...there it is.

Always thought he was a long, long time high powered Genovese associate. He was mentioned in a few books as being as such. Supposedly close with Gigante. Supposedly worked closely with Gravano on construction and was supposedly the innovator of using marginalized community activist groups to shake down contractors and developers (as seen with Tony and the Blacks in early Season 2 of The Sopranos). He must be very very old by now. Or was just young 20+ years ago when he was mentioned in books like Born to Steal and a few more
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Maybe John is wrong and it's a Gambino club.

This guy Tom doing the interview on the podcast is pretty annoying. If he mentions Elizabeth and being "italian american" one more time i am going to vomit.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Philly d wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:06 pm Maybe John is wrong and it's a Gambino club.
Did you listen to him tell the story??
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:32 am
Philly d wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:06 pm Maybe John is wrong and it's a Gambino club.
Yeah based on the story is sounds like he is with Westside.

Some on here have posted that the Westside BK crew is no joke today and has been expanding with rumors of Black Dom being made. The WS might be strong enough to be growing in lucrative areas while other families activity contract.

It does seem like Westside skippers / crews own a lot of pizzeria / restaurants . Today their loan sharking book likely got real big
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

It’s possible skippers that had a lot of cash ( Westside ) saw a huge resurgence of loansharking operations and a family so business focused like them own a lot more assets today then last year.

How awesome would it be if a few years from now we got a breakdown of how Barney / WS managed the crisis from a strategy perspective . You have to think a biz man like him was investing like crazy. Also remember the GL story about cleaning the $ which turned out to be smart w how old they are . He is such an enigma
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Nope
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:54 am
Yeah based on the story is sounds like he is with Westside.

Some on here have posted that the Westside BK crew is no joke today and has been expanding with rumors of Black Dom being made. The WS might be strong enough to be growing in lucrative areas while other families activity contract.

It does seem like Westside skippers / crews own a lot of pizzeria / restaurants . Today their loan sharking book likely got real big
Is that Black dom who used to be in wild bills crew?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Finally listened to all of the last one. Interesting what he said about how all the other families have the same view of the West Side and their obsession with secrecy to an almost bizarre level. The going through multiple doors story was pretty funny.
All roads lead to New York.
Jezza9009
Associate

Post by Jezza9009 »

Makes you wonder why the other families do not follow their example and practice the West Side method of doing LCN.... the way Pennisi described the Bonnano's storming some club. Luchesses making it easy for law enforcement etc...

Another thing that he mentioned in one of the earlier parts is the ranking of families, Westside was 1st ofc... but he only put the Gambino's ahead of the Luchesses because of their zip faction, but he said it was close.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:24 pm Finally listened to all of the last one. Interesting what he said about how all the other families have the same view of the West Side and their obsession with secrecy to an almost bizarre level. The going through multiple doors story was pretty funny.
I agree and there is a method to their madness , when Penissi was de briefed he couldn’t disclose what room he was in with the Westside for LE to set up on in the future. They operate more like the CIA , total secracy
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Jezza9009 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:20 am Makes you wonder why the other families do not follow their example and practice the West Side method of doing LCN.... the way Pennisi described the Bonnano's storming some club. Luchesses making it easy for law enforcement etc...

Another thing that he mentioned in one of the earlier parts is the ranking of families, Westside was 1st ofc... but he only put the Gambino's ahead of the Luchesses because of their zip faction, but he said it was close.

Because it requires a lot of discipline and is hard to do day after day.

Most wise guys are lazy which is why they talk on the phone sometimes , meet during normal day times , don’t take the few hours to shake a tail before a meet etc.

I read somewhere that Gotti held his meetings upstairs in the bigger Apt as it was too cold to walk outside for walk talks in the winter . Gotti was a street gangster but he wasnt a professional IMO

The
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Jezza9009 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:20 am Makes you wonder why the other families do not follow their example and practice the West Side method of doing LCN.... the way Pennisi described the Bonnano's storming some club. Luchesses making it easy for law enforcement etc...

That's clearly bias, the Gambinos and Genovese are miles ahead of the others.