Casso Died on Tuesday

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dave
Straightened out

Re: Casso Died on Tuesday

Post by dave »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:22 pm I feel pretty confident saying that had Casso been born and grew up where organized crime isn’t a part of daily life, say Charlotte or Raleigh, he *still* woulda wound up a deranged serial killer. The guy clearly had several screws loose. In his 60 Min interview, he broke down crying when he talked about his family, and Ed Bradley was like “I see you get emotional when you talk about your family. Have you ever thought about the families of all the people you hurt or killed?”......and you could tell the concept just didn’t register with them. He was just like “well I didn’t know them”, as if you have to personally know someone to feel the most basic elemental emotions of being a human.
Yeah, even the crying was fake. No tears, and he was just wiping his nose instead of his eyes like he didn't even know how to fake cry.
Dante
Honorary Member

Post by Dante »

How terribly sad. Just awful news.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:22 pm I feel pretty confident saying that had Casso been born and grew up where organized crime isn’t a part of daily life, say Charlotte or Raleigh, he *still* woulda wound up a deranged serial killer. The guy clearly had several screws loose. In his 60 Min interview, he broke down crying when he talked about his family, and Ed Bradley was like “I see you get emotional when you talk about your family. Have you ever thought about the families of all the people you hurt or killed?”......and you could tell the concept just didn’t register with them. He was just like “well I didn’t know them”, as if you have to personally know someone to feel the most basic elemental emotions of being a human.
I'm 99.9% desensitized to "true crime", but I leave that .1% because Casso's eyes in that interview deeply disturbed me. Like a predatory animal in captivity, but worse.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Wow.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:44 pm
I'm 99.9% desensitized to "true crime", but I leave that .1% because Casso's eyes in that interview deeply disturbed me. Like a predatory animal in captivity, but worse.
"I did 40 years on the streets with the worst fucking people. On a handshake, we kept our word. A handshake, with the fucking government? Forget about it."

One of my, uh, favorite mob quotes in that interview. He was also responsible for the memorable quote "Whack Jersey. They're creeps."

Requiescat in pace... I guess. :|
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Any word on the funeral arrangements? I know his wife died but didn't he have a son and daughter? Are they connected to the "life'?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I don't get the same feeling from Gravano. Not even those home videos or interviews with Scarpa. Scarpa didn't bother me at all.

I think what it is with Casso, is his eyes look like the crazy homeless guys at the bus terminal here except you combine that with power and a ruthless mind.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:36 pm I don't get the same feeling from Gravano. Not even those home videos or interviews with Scarpa. Scarpa didn't bother me at all.

I think what it is with Casso, is his eyes look like the crazy homeless guys at the bus terminal here except you combine that with power and a ruthless mind.
Kuklinski did that for me.
You just know that there was nothing, nothing to be done if he got you. No reasoning, no rationale, no bribing, no empathy, sympathy, kindness. Nothing. No hope.

Bullshit included, I’d take a hundred Casso’s over that fuck.

Like that evil cunt in No country for old men.
Those two are the boogey man for yours.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:36 pm I don't get the same feeling from Gravano. Not even those home videos or interviews with Scarpa. Scarpa didn't bother me at all.

I never really got that from Nicky Scarfom either, despite his ferocious rep.

Gaspipe really was what Scarfo was reputed to be though.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

How manny guys di Corallo make '76 and onward? Remmenber I read somwhere that they were down to 109 soldiers before carlo died
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Mustangsally wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:24 am I hope he felt like the kid he buried alive
He did that?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

aleksandrored wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 am
Mustangsally wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:24 am I hope he felt like the kid he buried alive
He did that?
Held him down with a shovel in his mouth whilst he was buried alive (was wounded).
Yup, great guy, eh.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:06 am
aleksandrored wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 am
He did that?
Held him down with a shovel in his mouth whilst he was buried alive (was wounded).
Yup, great guy, eh.
I'm glad he's in hell these hours.