Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Tonyd621 »

Philly d wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:02 pm
chicagodog wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 pm I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
That’s the Outfits bread and butter. You bid a job using union rates, sub it out using non Union rates and you pocket the rest. Walk around to non major construction sites and you usually find Hispanic and polish workers who are definitely not union.
I don't know much about construction. Why bid it using Union rates in the first place?
If its a state job like DOT where I live you must bid the job at prevailing wages (union rates) that's in order for union contractors to compete with non union contractors, but you don't have to have to hire union labor, or pay the fringe benefits, putting the fringe benefits in escrow and maybe having to pay it out, maybe not.. etc
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 pm I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
That’s the Outfits bread and butter. You bid a job using union rates, sub it out using non Union rates and you pocket the rest. Walk around to non major construction sites and you usually find Hispanic and polish workers who are definitely not union.
I don't know much about construction. Why bid it using Union rates in the first place?
It's Chicago so the union rates are the assumed cost of doing business.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:19 pm
Idk, I live in Connecticut, but no matter what type of contractor you are-union/non/big/small etc if it's a prevailing wage job which are usually the state jobs and pay on time you must include the prevail rate in your bid.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:59 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:59 am Personally - that's what I find a little concerning about the Outfit - when they do hits, they are done well. I think a lot of other murders have been linked to them that stay out of the media (Ruggirello being one). You look at NYC and see these murders taking mob bosses down - its just not happening in Chicago. Sure they don't hit as often as they used to, but when they go after a Jarrett or a Zizzo or a Chiaramonte they go down.

Mikey DeFelllipis was an electrician apprentice for someone I knew well when he disappeared. Lots of rumors out there.
I recall that Mandell was suspected in the Ruggirello murder, I wouldn't be shocked if he had some involvement in others. If he talks, we may learn a lot. I believe that Chuckie Russell took a number of secrets to the grave as well.
I always took Fosco with a grain of salt, as I know he had some axes to grind. However, based on his inside knowledge I always took it seriously when he would say "I believe the outfit is still capable of murder when needed" .

I think they still have their pro hitters who can be called upon extremely rarely to do things cleanly.
Fosco was trying to sue Difronzo up until his death. The guy has an agenda.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Fosco also said Sarno likely made Panzarella.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

funkster wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 am Fosco also said Sarno likely made Panzarella.
How is Fosco connected by blood to a member to the outfit, anyways?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:22 am
funkster wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 am Fosco also said Sarno likely made Panzarella.
His father Armando was in the Outfit. Armando had married the sister of Romeo Nappi, another Outfit guy.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:21 pm
Idk, I live in Connecticut, but no matter what type of contractor you are-union/non/big/small etc if it's a prevailing wage job which are usually the state jobs and pay on time you must include the prevail rate in your bid.
Thanks man
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Philly d wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:38 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:21 pm
Thanks man
NP, glad I can contribute to the board.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:52 am
His father Armando was in the Outfit. Armando had married the sister of Romeo Nappi, another Outfit guy.
He also seemed to strongly believe that Mondo was made, dont know if it was simply a son trying to talk up his father...but he was quite protective of it.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

funkster wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:17 pm
Snakes wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:52 am
He also seemed to strongly believe that Mondo was made, dont know if it was simply a son trying to talk up his father...but he was quite protective of it.
He had an article titled "exposed" and talking in reference to his dad and his buddies... I mean unless your father is some child molester I can't see how...idk Its a headscratcher for me...I can't explain it and I ? The validity of everything he writes now.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Looking at an old Elmwood Park bookmaking bust of Sponge Scalise's...anyone know what happened to some of the younger ones at the time?

Pat Mazza, Jack Cozzi, Frank Adamo? Maybe you know Solano?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:25 pm Looking at an old Elmwood Park bookmaking bust of Sponge Scalise's...anyone know what happened to some of the younger ones at the time?

All three have at least done a very good job of staying out of the news, if they've still been active. I know in 2002 Pat Mazza was sentenced to 2 years for the bookmaking bust, but seems to have already been serving a 13-year sentence for a bank robbery in Michigan. Assuming the former was to run concurrently with the later, but either way he'd be out for a while now. FWIW, on an ANP comments post Fosco recognized Mazza's name, and commented that he was a "heist guy".

In another ANP post, "Black Angelo" claimed that just as the Dote book was a continuation of the D'Amico book, Bobby Abbinanti took over the book after Dote et al. were busted.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:25 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:25 pm Looking at an old Elmwood Park bookmaking bust of Sponge Scalise's...anyone know what happened to some of the younger ones at the time?

All three have at least done a very good job of staying out of the news, if they've still been active. I know in 2002 Pat Mazza was sentenced to 2 years for the bookmaking bust, but seems to have already been serving a 13-year sentence for a bank robbery in Michigan. Assuming the former was to run concurrently with the later, but either way he'd be out for a while now. FWIW, on an ANP comments post Fosco recognized Mazza's name, and commented that he was a "heist guy".

In another ANP post, "Black Angelo" claimed that just as the Dote book was a continuation of the D'Amico book, Bobby Abbinanti took over the book after Dote et al. were busted.
It was re-reading those posts about Mazza that made me think about it. Also interesting BA claimed that DiGuilio was working with Marco at the time, pretty sure he was busted in the early 90s running book for Rocky Infelise. My guess is theyve just managed to keep their heads down.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Re-reading some of those back and forths between Fosco and the Don are just brutal lol. So awkward.