Nucky Thompson

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Nucky Thompson

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Watching boardwalk empire s4 for first time.

Love this series. S2 was a little.dull but everything else is great.

So I actually read boardwalk book in jail and if I remember correctly nucky Thompson really barley was involved in the rackets and really it was the guy after nucky that was real power.

But not really OC.

Am I remembering wrong or is this right?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Re: Nucky Thompson

Post by Gabagool718 »

Enoch “Nucky” Johnson was the real life inspiration for the show obviously they embellished a lot for drama but apparently he really did run shit down there for a longgg time if you got amazon prime peep out Gangster Empire episode 2 pretty good doc about the real story
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

fuckin shame they cancelled boardwalk for that vinyl show. i rewatch boardwalk now and then, no other show really makes me feel like i'm really looking at the past quite like it. the sets, small period details, clothes, haircuts, etc..
Boston+matt14
Honorary Member

Post by Boston+matt14 »

TwoPiece wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:10 pm fuckin shame they cancelled boardwalk for that vinyl show. i rewatch boardwalk now and then, no other show really makes me feel like i'm really looking at the past quite like it. the sets, small period details, clothes, haircuts, etc..
I enjoyed the first couple seasons but, supposedly, the actor who played Jimmy Darmody caused a lot of problems on set and they killed off his character because of it which completely changed the plans for the show going forward. I watched it until the end and it still had some great moment and acting performances (Bobby Cannavale, Jeffrey Wright) but it felt kind of directionless post Jimmy.
"Where's our Al Sharpton?" -Anthony Borgesi
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

TwoPiece wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:10 pm fuckin shame they cancelled boardwalk for that vinyl show. i rewatch boardwalk now and then, no other show really makes me feel like i'm really looking at the past quite like it. the sets, small period details, clothes, haircuts, etc..
Vinyl fucking sucked ass too shit only lasted 1 season thank god and although it’s not mob related or anything but mad men is a lot like that also Literally made me feel like I lived through the 1960s