Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:32 pm
B. wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm One thing I noticed/picked up from reading this thread is just how interrelated they are. The Scarfos-Piccolos-Grandes-Mazzone seems to be a large chunk. Ligambi-Borgesi. DeVito-Arabia. I'd like to one day chart these bloodlines but that's for another time. I'll shut up to avoid derailing this fine thread.
If we were talking about the same group of people in 1910, we'd be calling them a Sicilian mafia clan and think it was all by design. The reality is a lot of it is proximity and happenstance, and just like the dysfunction we see in this modern Philly "clan", there was dysfunction in the old mafia clans.

For a fully Americanized family in 2020 that's almost been destroyed several times, it's crazy how much Philly has managed to organically mirror a traditional mafia family from 100 years ago:

- Interrelated multi-generational members
- Majority of members have proven themselves capable of murder (unheard of in NYC for decades)
- Completely insular mafia-friendly community
- Not afraid to openly associate in public
- No massive centralized rackets
- Willing to make money in any legitimate or illegitimate way they can
- Highly fraternal, lifelong relationships between members
- Gun+knife induction ceremonies

Given everything that's happened, you'd expect Philly if anyone to be more like a gang who disregards tradition. You have to notice that regardless of the ups and downs of their operations, Philly is dedicated to the organization.
Just to say, I'm in a MA program for English and they don't teach writing and conveying thoughts. What you say I know I just can't explain and articulate it like you do. You have a real gift that can't be taught, my friend. Truly.
(Voice over) “The board lived many years not knowing who they had right under their blissfully naive little noses as it wasn’t until ten years later, that it was revealed, that the mysterious B....... was actually Jimmy Breslin.”

I think I’m joking.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:29 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:28 pm There's a new Mob Talk up on the website. Mostly covers what we already know from the documents in the FBI section. Couple of other things of note:

- GA says he thinks it's more likely that Persiano was wired up and attended the ceremony than if the location was bugged ahead of time
- DS says sources tell him Grande is resigned to doing 10 years
- Quote from DS: "You and I both know there have been multiple making ceremonies in the last five years or so"
- Leaves the question open whether Persiano attended or had knowledge of these other ceremonies or whether he was re-inducted at a ceremony

Who could have been made in the last 5 years? My only guess is Joey had a ceremony in Florida with that crew down there he built.
That’s what I thought be I heard the crew of young guys around Joey down in Florida, that were with him like every night at Merlinos with him when it was open, all did things to fall out of favor with Joey and everyone... forgot who told me.. but I believe it cause they went to being in like every pic of him... to never to be seen again... pretty sure they were all philly guys who were down In Florida, one of them went by vinny gorgeous (slickback hair) another one I think was Delbrocco... there were several others I don’t know the names of.. but these were the younger guys that were around Merlino 24/7 like I said during the time frame that merlino restaurant was open.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Here’s a photo of the 2 I named .. few years ago with dom and Joey....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

chubby wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:51 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:28 pm There's a new Mob Talk up on the website. Mostly covers what we already know from the documents in the FBI section. Couple of other things of note:

- GA says he thinks it's more likely that Persiano was wired up and attended the ceremony than if the location was bugged ahead of time
- Quote from DS: "You and I both know there have been multiple making ceremonies in the last five years or so"
- Leaves the question open whether Persiano attended or had knowledge of these other ceremonies or whether he was re-inducted at a ceremony

Who could have been made in the last 5 years? My only guess is Joey had a ceremony in Florida with that crew down there he built.
That’s what I thought be I heard the crew of young guys around Joey down in Florida, that were with him like every night at Merlinos with him when it was open, all did things to fall out of favor with Joey and everyone... forgot who told me.. but I believe it cause they went to being in like every pic of him... to never to be seen again... pretty sure they were all philly guys who were down In Florida, one of them went by vinny gorgeous (slickback hair) another one I think was Delbrocco... there were several others I don’t know the names of.. but these were the younger guys that were around Merlino 24/7 like I said during the time frame that merlino restaurant was open.
Yeah I remember hearing about another guy too, always around Joey down Florida, Carmine Gallo.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:28 pm
chubby wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Yeah I remember hearing about another guy too, always around Joey down Florida, Carmine Gallo.
Yeah, I don’t know any of the other names.. but there was for sure a solid handful of those younger guys that were literally on joeys dick 24/7.taking pics with the Wagner bros, dom, chang.. bunch of guys .. even like spending thanksgiving at joeys house with his family.... I forget what the falling out was over(probably money) but the falling out with those younger guys for sure happened.. they’re no longer anywhere near Joey... I’m assuming though that some of these guys had to be some of “joeys Florida guys” he was maybe considering making... but none of these guys ever got their button...

Would love to know who’s all been inducted into philly in the last 5 years.. like people stated earlier.. the Philly family Ties, whether it’s through marriage or blood... but a ton of the families are related whether it’s direct, or like distant cousins through marriage.. they should keep recruiting from those bloodlines...
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

There ain't no way dom is 5'8 he is just barely the height of Joey im surprised they don't call him pudgy dom. Any chance nico did the shooting and dom just drove the car? Since Nico probably wanted personally pay baxk for the shit that snitxhed talked
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm One thing I noticed/picked up from reading this thread is just how interrelated they are. The Scarfos-Piccolos-Grandes-Mazzone seems to be a large chunk. Ligambi-Borgesi. DeVito-Arabia. I'd like to one day chart these bloodlines but that's for another time. I'll shut up to avoid derailing this fine thread.
If we were talking about the same group of people in 1910, we'd be calling them a Sicilian mafia clan and think it was all by design. The reality is a lot of it is proximity and happenstance, and just like the dysfunction we see in this modern Philly "clan", there was dysfunction in the old mafia clans.

For a fully Americanized family in 2020 that's almost been destroyed several times, it's crazy how much Philly has managed to organically mirror a traditional mafia family from 100 years ago:

- Majority of members have proven themselves capable of murder (unheard of in NYC for decades)

Given everything that's happened, you'd expect Philly if anyone to be more like a gang who disregards tradition. You have to notice that regardless of the ups and downs of their operations, Philly is dedicated to the organization.
I think Scoops was on tape basically saying that. Knowing Grandmas etc
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

West Coast1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:23 pm

I think Scoops was on tape basically saying that. Knowing Grandmas etc
As a historian its very interesting and only further serves to illustrate that its a subculture and not merely a criminal organization. The cherished hierarchy is an outgrowth of the culture and not the other way around like we see with other groups who are centralized around a single racket - bootlegging, loansharking, drugs etc.
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

How much do you think Dom was making in a month?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Tony Monte wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:55 pm How much do you think Dom was making in a month?
It’s hard to say because this indictment doesn’t necessarily portray him as someone that’s raking it in—I think it has him collecting between $40-$50K in vig over the course of the last 5 years. That being said.... you arent hiring Brian McMonagle to represent you in a Fed RICO case unless you *are* raking it in. I’m guessing Grande has some pretty decent revenue streams that aren’t laid out in this indictment.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Dom is an earner.
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

He’s been on video driving a new Acura MDX and a bmw...I’d say he was at least bringing in a minimum of 5,000 a month
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:05 pm Dom is an earner.
New mobtalksitdown just posted to their site, #48 and the second one regarding this case. Saying mazzone and grande are going to ask for bail after the holidays
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:05 pm Dom is an earner.
I was thinking he had to be a big earner. He was made very young and Ligambi mentioned him at that meeting with the Gambinos.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I meant to post it here and not tag an individual poster, but the newest mobtalksitdown.com is up few hours ago