Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by chin_gigante »

Looking at all the older guys who were still alive between Scarfo Jr moving back down to South Jersey (late-2006/early-2007) and his arrest (late-2011):

- Alphonse Marconi (died 16 August 2006)
- Gerardo Fusella (died 04 April 2007)
- Joseph Costello (died 01 June 2007)
- Guerino Marconi (died 10 February 2009)
- Anthony Pungitore Sr (died 30 December 2011)
- John Praino (died 10 March 2013)
- Francis Iannarella Sr (died 15 April 2014)
- Ralph Staino (died 03 October 2015)
- John Girgenti (died 30 April 2019)
- Luigi Tripodi (still alive)
- Domenic Rugnetta (presumably still alive at 96 years old)

Seems pretty safe to rule out the Marconis due to their history with Scarfo. Also seems safe to rule out Pungitore and Staino based on their alignment with Merlino and Ligambi at that point. Possibly Iannarella too based on how easily Faffy has fallen in with the Philly administration following his release. If the old-timer was Fusella or Costello there would only be an extremely short period of time where the ceremony could take place because of their deaths. Tripodi seems extremely unlikely.

Also obviously ruling out everyone who was in prison and everyone who got made under the Natale/ Merlino administration. Ruling out the rest of the North Jersey guys as well (Licata, Centorino, Olivieri).

Other guys who were out and about around this time:

- Frank Narducci Jr
- Joseph Pungitore
- Anthony Pungitore Jr
- Joseph Grande
- Charles Iannece
- Salvatore Scafidi
- Joseph Ciancaglini Jr
- Joseph Stanfa
- Nicholas Milano

Grande, Iannece, Scafidi and Joey Pungitore didn't get released until the tail end of that 2006-2011 period. We know the Scarfos tried to court Grande but he didn't go for it. Also based on the Grande situation it would seem the Pungitores were recognising Merlino and Ligambi after they got out. Narducci attended the 2009 Christmas party, which makes it seem unlikely that he would have sided with the Scarfos. Iannece was mentioned in the Stefanelli transcripts in a way that seemed he was in good standing with the incumbent Philly administration too. I think Scafidi moved straight to Florida after getting out. Stanfa also seems unlikely as his LCN involvement looks to have begun and ended with his father. We know Joey Chang was courted by the Scarfos as well but he was in his late-40s so I don't think he would count as an "old-timer".

So if we were to narrow it down based on those eliminations the remaining candidates I have are:

- Gerardo Fusella (died April 2007)
- Joseph Costello (died June 2007)
- Joseph Ciancaglini Jr (in his late-40s, not really an old-timer)
- Nicholas Milano (in his late-40s)
- John Girgenti
- Francis Iannarella Sr
- John Praino
- Domenic Rugnetta
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

List is pretty good. I wouldn't totally discount the Marconi brothers or a sleeper member. Gino Marconi got killed by Merlinos group after refusing a shakedown in 98. Scarfo and Mark Marconi were close according to Leonetti years before they had a falling out. Maybe one of them conducted the ceremony as a F U to the current admin at Scarfos request.

How did you arrive at that timeline? I think it probably is closer to 2011/2010 than 2005. It may be Joe Grande...he did it on orders of Scarfo. The guys downtown didn't know about it yet during the restaurant meeting. You would think that would have come out in the media given Dom Grande being his nephew and Sal Piccolo getting sentenced but who knows.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I would rule out any guy that lived in philly. Maybe there was just a old guy in AC that crazy phil didnt throw under the bus. If there was a old guy still in contacts with the scarfos he would probaly been killed or chased long before 2008 or when ever were guessing scarfo jr started a crew. I'm thinking it's some old luchese guy. This guy john pennisi some one ask if he has a clue about nicky jr and his plot. But I think he wasnt even free when nicky was doing all that
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

dack2001 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:21 am List is pretty good. I wouldn't totally discount the Marconi brothers or a sleeper member. Gino Marconi got killed by Merlinos group after refusing a shakedown in 98. Scarfo and Mark Marconi were close according to Leonetti years before they had a falling out. Maybe one of them conducted the ceremony as a F U to the current admin at Scarfos request.

How did you arrive at that timeline? I think it probably is closer to 2011/2010 than 2005. It may be Joe Grande...he did it on orders of Scarfo. The guys downtown didn't know about it yet during the restaurant meeting. You would think that would have come out in the media given Dom Grande being his nephew and Sal Piccolo getting sentenced but who knows.
Height of the First Plus scam activity was 07/08 so I just picked any point between Scarfo Jr moving back down south until his arrest. It all first within the circa 10 years ago date Schratwieser spoke about in the Mob Talk about it. I was also thinking about Praino because of Scarfo Jr's connections to the North Jersey crew in the late 80s/ early 90s.
tylerdurden
Associate

Post by tylerdurden »

What is Damion Canalichio up to these days is he still on parole? He is going to move up the ranks quick with the latest goings on down in s philly
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Canalichio is only a couple of months out of the halfway house
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

John Meringolo has joined the defence team as Mazzone's co-counsel per DS
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

tylerdurden wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am What is Damion Canalichio up to these days is he still on parole? He is going to move up the ranks quick with the latest goings on down in s philly

I bet Canalichio will get South Jersey Capo post, call it a hunch.

Canalichio and Nicodemo (and Dom G although a little bit younger through running with Nicodemo when Nicodemo was still out on the streets) were/are very similar guys with similar rackets, activities, age range, reputations, etc.

I heard Canalichio was being groomed for South Jersey Capo spot before he went away for his long bid and he was living in Turnersville in South Jersey at the time before he went away so it makes sense.

I believe he’s back living in South Philly now with his second wife he married while in Prison since he got out. Guy is all over the place though since he got out The Shore, South Jersey, and South Philly.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 am
tylerdurden wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am What is Damion Canalichio up to these days is he still on parole? He is going to move up the ranks quick with the latest goings on down in s philly

I bet Canalichio will get South Jersey Capo post, call it a hunch.

Canalichio and Nicodemo (and Dom G although a little bit younger through running with Nicodemo when Nicodemo was still out on the streets) were/are very similar guys with similar rackets, activities, age range, reputations, etc.

I heard Canalichio was being groomed for South Jersey Capo spot before he went away for his long bid and he was living in Turnersville in South Jersey at the time before he went away so it makes sense.

I believe he’s back living in South Philly now with his second wife he married while in Prison since he got out. Guy is all over the place though since he got out The Shore, South Jersey, and South Philly.
Where is Eric Esposito and Fazzini? Are they out?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Fazzini got out in 2015 and Esposito got out in 2017. I think Esposito was seen in some Mob Talk footage from the past couple of years. Fazzini was mentioned in that NJSCI waste report
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

new sitdown is out.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

There's usually a youtube channel that uploads it.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

can't cross examine a tape - GA
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Fazzini is out and about, was down here at the shore a lot this summer like everyone else hitting up the usual spots here.

He looks nothing like that same old picture of him from back in the day that is always floating around here and by the media these days. I think his wife has some recent pictures of him up on her Facebook for anyone interested.

-Dante
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Cheech wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 am new sitdown is out.
It was posted a few days ago on the mobtalksitdown.com. I can't find it on YouTube anymore.