Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by JohnnyS »

We know Merlino was boss during this time but I wouldn't be surprised if Grande named Lancellotti on the tape since he was the street boss running the day to day. Merlino even introduced Lance as the boss of Philadelphia at that party according to Rubeo.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:12 am I think the guys downtown have been more circumspect in how they conduct business over the past 10 years. I also think the FBI has been slower to put a case together partly because of the loss in the Ligambi case and also because of less bodies dropping. They have different priorities because the headlines aren't there. I also don't think we can draw huge conclusions about how these guys were conducting business from a snippet in a bail detention memo. Maybe Dom slipped up...maybe the tapes aren't that clear or maybe he's always a sloppy guy (which I doubt)....but he's not a surgeon he's a gangster....it shouldn't be shocking.
The FBI has also never been able to land the knockout blow on Merlino and his buddies. Yeah, they have all went to jail, but the feds want 30+ year sentences which they haven’t been able to hang on the Merlino crew. Joey and his close buddies don’t snitch. This case to me is all about Baby Dom Grande. The feds see him as a weak link and want to get him to flip. His Dad was a rat. Dom has never done prison time except that 90 day sentence. He’s facing RICO and drug charges with a pregnant wife? He’s their target to nail Joey and the boys.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:29 am
Cheech wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 am 100% will be more indictments. feds left a lot out I bet. and they are proving to be patient.
why are they holding back on who the boss\ is an indictment coming for merlino or lance?
i dont know. they were quick to give out initials of street boss and consig. and everyone knows what those initials are but they didnt say who was mentioned at boss. playing head games. get everyone talking. thats got to be why after all this time they offered reward and a picture of the dipietro hit
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:29 am
Cheech wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 am 100% will be more indictments. feds left a lot out I bet. and they are proving to be patient.
why are they holding back on who the boss\ is an indictment coming for merlino or lance?
Because they want Chubby Dom Grande to flip. He’s facing 20-30 years for drugs and RICO with a new wife who is pregnant? The Feds are just applying pressure to see what breaks. They only need one Philly guy to roll over and start talking murders. Then they can indict Joey, Uncle Joe and all the main players and roll them all up at once.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 am Who was it that reported Borgesi was up in boston not long after his release
Anastasia and Burnstein
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I actually don’t think Grande is the Feds target to snitch. I mean they’d love him to but I’m guessing they aren’t banking on it. He’s 40 years old. He’s gonna get a 10 year sentence, give or take a few, and he’ll be out with a bigger rep and higher profile. He and Nicodemo will probably be getting out close to the same time.

The guys who they think are more likely to snitch are going to be older guys in their 60s and 70s, where a 12-15 year bid could essentially be a life sentence. OR it’s guys who are looking at a lengthy prison sentence who have already served a lengthy sentence. Look at Persiano. He had proven that he could do time before. He just didn’t want to do it again. Same with Gene Borrello. He did like 8-10 years in the can, no problem. But another 20-25? Well that’s a different story.

I think unless Grande gets hit with a murder, the chances of him flipping over what’s in this indictment is next to zero.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Also, I don’t know Grande at all but given the fact that his father flipped, I bet there is some part of his subconscious that he wants to prove he’s not like his dad, and is a “stand up guy”. As twisted and sick as it sounds I bet part of him is glad he’s going to do a bid and prove he’s not his dad.

Plus, if he was convicted of every charge in that indictment, the sentencing guidelines would recommend 14-17 years. McMonagle could 1000% plea that down to something around 10. If they want Grande to flip they need to find some more charges.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Another thing about what was reported about the hierarchy in recent years that I find specifically interesting is GA and DS's 2016 report for Fox29 where they said that Ligambi had once again recently become the acting boss.

Whereas the Mazzone/ Ciancaglini/ Narducci panel seems pretty inaccurate in retrospect and (according to Burnstein) was based on police information, the 2016 report from GA and DS specifically cited both police sources and federal investigators with the information on Ligambi.

Would've presumed that any hierarchy information coming from the feds during that time would've been based on what they got from Persiano. Also strange since GA and DS got it right in the report about Mazzone being the underboss.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:19 pm I actually don’t think Grande is the Feds target to snitch. I mean they’d love him to but I’m guessing they aren’t banking on it. He’s 40 years old. He’s gonna get a 10 year sentence, give or take a few, and he’ll be out with a bigger rep and higher profile. He and Nicodemo will probably be getting out close to the same time.

The guys who they think are more likely to snitch are going to be older guys in their 60s and 70s, where a 12-15 year bid could essentially be a life sentence. OR it’s guys who are looking at a lengthy prison sentence who have already served a lengthy sentence. Look at Persiano. He had proven that he could do time before. He just didn’t want to do it again. Same with Gene Borrello. He did like 8-10 years in the can, no problem. But another 20-25? Well that’s a different story.

I think unless Grande gets hit with a murder, the chances of him flipping over what’s in this indictment is next to zero.

Nicodemo isn’t getting out till he’s 70, give or take a few
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Lancellotti is either the smartest wiseguy ever or the luckiest.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Lance was almost brought to the 2010 Gambino meeting until Ligambi was told to just bring Staino. If Lancellotti had gone and been picked up on tape I reckon they would have indicted him like they did with Licata and Fazzini.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I remember on Mob talk about the state of Philly in 2018, GA said Lance is known as the quiet man and is very reluctant to get involved in conversations. He's definitely lucky though I mean he was basically called a hitman in court and was a suspect in shootings during the Merlino-Stanfa war and still managed to avoid charges while his friends Merlino, Mazzone, Borgesi got 10+ years.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Fbi post reward for shooter in Dipietro hit and new pics

Post by JeremyTheJew »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:00 am The last time I saw Dom and actually talked with him and had a few drinks with him , he didn’t seem to have a single care or stress in the world. We were talking 90s Hip Hop and Sports.

I can say with 100% certainty that he’s not running around South Philly stressed out with anxiety.

-Dante
90s hip hop huh??
I can see that. Wu tang. Nas Jay z etc??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:29 pm Lance was almost brought to the 2010 Gambino meeting until Ligambi was told to just bring Staino. If Lancellotti had gone and been picked up on tape I reckon they would have indicted him like they did with Licata and Fazzini.
Where did it come out not to bring MLance?
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Guys in other families must be on edge as well, who knows whats on a tape?