Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by Amershire_Ed »

“Moreover, reflective of his broad range of crimes, despite his relatively low criminal history, the defendants likely sentencing guideline range on conviction is 168-210 months incarceration.”

Unless more charges come, I’m guessing he pleads out in the 8-10 range.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Did the ruling come down already? I see the Feds proposed ruling on their detention memo but haven't seen anyone post the ruling. Sad if they don't get bail during a pandemic, unless you're dropping bodies or selling bags of heroin on a street corner you deserve a chance to put on a defense without getting locked down.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

dack2001 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:42 pm Did the ruling come down already? I see the Feds proposed ruling on their detention memo but haven't seen anyone post the ruling. Sad if they don't get bail during a pandemic, unless you're dropping bodies or selling bags of heroin on a street corner you deserve a chance to put on a defense without getting locked down.
I think it did because when Schratweiser posted on his IG that Sonny got bail, someone asked him “so Sonny got bail but Steve and Dom were denied?” And he answered “correct.”
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

So are we looking at a close to two year wait for the trial ?
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

If Mazzone is an underboss. Why wouldn’t he have traveled to New York for that mafia party with Joey?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:10 pm If Mazzone is an underboss. Why wouldn’t he have traveled to New York for that mafia party with Joey?
Could be several reasons. When Ligambi attended the 2010 meeting with the Gambinos he was told to bring one person so he just chose Staino. Could be that, Merlino gets told to only bring a couple of people so he brings Lancellotti and Grande. Part of the reason for Lancellotti being there was because he knew a pharmacist in Philadelphia who could be used in the pain cream scam.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Philly mob indictment -Says Dom Grande facing 40 years max 5 million fine , with 100's of hours of tapes ,multiple CI's, And selling heroin , gonna be a long bid if he gets convicted
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Unless I’m reading all this wrong, as far as Mazzone and Grande are concerned, it seems like most of these incriminating conversations and criminal activity took place 4 and 5 years ago. Is the reason they don’t have anything more recent because they simply don’t have it, or is it because it’s coming in a future indictment?

This indictment doesn’t portray Grande as some huge earner, but he’s gotta be making some serious coin to hire McMonagle.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I think more comes. A lot of people not sleeping in s philly is my guess
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:10 pm If Mazzone is an underboss. Why wouldn’t he have traveled to New York for that mafia party with Joey?
As chin says Merlino was probably told to only bring a couple of guys. Grande was being groomed by Merlino bringing him to New York shows he's a somebody and gives him status is my guess.
VanCity
Prospect

Post by VanCity »

Seems like these guys got really sloppy. No reason a ceremony should be caught on wire, should have learned from previous incidents. I'm not from USA, but if he gets 15 etc, with good behavior and time served, when could he get out?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who is left on the street that weren't named in the indictment that weren't listed as unindicted co-conspirators either
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Cheech wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:02 pm I think more comes. A lot of people not sleeping in s philly is my guess
Agreed, whether any of the 15 guys picked up end up flipping or not.. either way I think there is more indictments coming... when you got an underboss and capo on a wire for years... I’m sure they implicated many other people by talking too loosely.. like I’m sure too when the feds had all those dates confirmed where Persiano met up with grande to drop him off bookmaking money or shy interest, you think the feds stopped there?? I’m sure they followed dom and caught him kicking up the money to whoever’s above him... cause it didn’t say that dom went and handed that money to Stevie, so I wonder... there’s for sure more arrests coming... and someone giving up 1 or 2 murders from 2000 til now can literally bury the whole hierarchy of the family, ligambi, Merlino, Chang, lance, borgesi, Stevie, dom, dame, who knows maybe even staino, If he played a role in a hit, whether it’s a crash car. Look out, clean up, getting rid of the gun... doesn’t matter what part you played, everyone still gets hit with a murder in aid of a continual criminal enterprise... Rico.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:10 pm
HoagieNose wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 pm The defendant claims to be employed at a restaurant in Berwyn, Pennsylvania; however frequent surveillance of the defendant has revealed that he is consistently seen in South Philadelphia at times and places inconsistent with alleged full time employment in Berwyn.

LOL
That’s Doms Moms restaurant Frankie’s Fellini - good joint!
Rita is a good woman. Her place is definitely decent.
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:44 am
chubby wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 pm Yeah I know Mazzone was made... but why aren’t they releasing the names of the other guys who were inducted in the taped ceremony???? And did persiano record the making ceremony? Like I said if he did, what was he even doing there? He was already made, he was just kind of a random south jersey soldier, so why would he be at the making ceremony???
Unless he’s not the one who was wired at the ceremony and one of the other people who got made that day was also wearing a wire and that’s why they haven’t mentioned other names...

Not that unusual. Most of the the family was present when Nick Caramndi was made. Some times these ceremonies are big social events. Besides he could shave sponsored one of the inductees like Stroccos.

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 am [quote=Chopper post_id=175197 time=<a href="tel:1606555649">1606555649</a> user_id=114]
[quote=Charlie post_id=175132 time=<a href="tel:1606522259">1606522259</a> user_id=131]
I'm all for giving guys who've been doing it for years like Anastasia a break, but fuck if this is living proof they had 0 credible sources when recording their damn videos with Dave S. I remember them pretty much saying with a straight face these guys had become licensed real estate agents...
When at the same time they were trying to re establish a presence in AC, doing hits, moving weight, inducting guys and still making money with the usual loansharking and bookmaking.
This. Anastasia has lost a lot of credibility with all the bullshit reporting over the last couple of years. Standing on all those streets with Dave, saying there was nothing going on in Philly.

Plus, there was that cash-grab Gotti book with Alite, which is an absolute disgrace of a book, filled with bullshit. Thanks to that little gem we now have that idiot on Netflix telling us how he sold drugs with 'John and Gene'.
Well in all fairness, it's not like the members are going to be honest and admit they are still criminally active. Nor would the FBI office admit they are investigating A, B, C beyond what's common knowledge.

Second, the book he did on Previte burnt alot of bridges because there's people who felt he made Previte out to be bigger than he was while making South Philly look like clowns. George Borgesi severed all ties with him after that. Merlino still spoke to him even while in prison but it wasn't about anything important.
[/quote]

Besides GA never said there was zero activity. Just that there was not much left to run. That is confirmed by just how few cases their have been since 2011 and just how small time this particular case is compared to past big indictments.

Pogo
[/quote]

Well, he went from Borgesi being all over the Eastcoast meeting mobsters and driving Merlino around to being a real estate agent who's not a player anymore. He flip flopped George a couple of times. Anastasia has been going around for a while saying Philly is basically over and there's nothing left to run.

Although I do understand the man's frustration, going from following Philly in the 80's and 90's to today. Compared to those days it is extremely quiet lol 😁

And in all fairness, I understand that criminals don't give weekly updates to the press but Anastasia's reporting on the Philly mob the last couple of years was very weak, and it shows he doesn't have a single source on the street left.

Second, he wrote some very good books on Philly and I also enjoyed the Previte book. But his book on Alite was an absolute shitstorm, it hugely discredits him as a serious journalist, and he knows it.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"