Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by dack2001 »

Why do ladies still marry gangsters...probably the same reason some guy gets on the internet to read about them. The life and celebrity in your community are exciting.

Detention memos are always the Feds best case. Remember, they are trying to keep these guys locked up. If the Feds found something really bad in Dom's house they would have said something about it. Probably found a joint or a roach clip or he stole his cable connection or something.

As far as bringing this case without Persiano testifying...I wouldn't be so sure. Tyring the case with only the undercover and law enforcement isn't as easy as you'd think. Persiano is the one wired up, how are they going to get into evidence that Stevie pointed to a gun and knife? Interpreting half of the conversations becomes a real battle. There will be huge foundation fights on evidence coming in. Remember when Skins offed himself, there were going to be cases everywhere....it doesn't work like that. George was dead wrong when he said that 10 years ago. You say tapes are hard to beat...if you don't have one of the individuals in the conversation explaining what they were talking about...a conversation about 20s and 30s turn into a conversation about records or ceiling fans pretty quick with McMonagle and Jacobs. I think they will be calling Persiano and that's why it took them so long to bring the case, they wanted to build as much corroboration as they could.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Why did the guy Persiano flip? What was he looking at that he flipped
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Chopper wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:27 am
Charlie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:10 pm I'm all for giving guys who've been doing it for years like Anastasia a break, but fuck if this is living proof they had 0 credible sources when recording their damn videos with Dave S. I remember them pretty much saying with a straight face these guys had become licensed real estate agents...
When at the same time they were trying to re establish a presence in AC, doing hits, moving weight, inducting guys and still making money with the usual loansharking and bookmaking.
This. Anastasia has lost a lot of credibility with all the bullshit reporting over the last couple of years. Standing on all those streets with Dave, saying there was nothing going on in Philly.

Plus, there was that cash-grab Gotti book with Alite, which is an absolute disgrace of a book, filled with bullshit. Thanks to that little gem we now have that idiot on Netflix telling us how he sold drugs with 'John and Gene'.
Well in all fairness, it's not like the members are going to be honest and admit they are still criminally active. Nor would the FBI office admit they are investigating A, B, C beyond what's common knowledge.

Second, the book he did on Previte burnt alot of bridges because there's people who felt he made Previte out to be bigger than he was while making South Philly look like clowns. George Borgesi severed all ties with him after that. Merlino still spoke to him even while in prison but it wasn't about anything important.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Few posters on here say they've met Grande, nice guy blah blah, servidio is a scumbag selling pill, dom okays it and not the same energy towards him, interesting
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

chubby wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 pm Yeah I know Mazzone was made... but why aren’t they releasing the names of the other guys who were inducted in the taped ceremony???? And did persiano record the making ceremony? Like I said if he did, what was he even doing there? He was already made, he was just kind of a random south jersey soldier, so why would he be at the making ceremony???
Unless he’s not the one who was wired at the ceremony and one of the other people who got made that day was also wearing a wire and that’s why they haven’t mentioned other names...

Not that unusual. Most of the the family was present when Nick Caramndi was made. Some times these ceremonies are big social events. Besides he could shave sponsored one of the inductees like Stroccos.

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 am [quote=Chopper post_id=175197 time=<a href="tel:1606555649">1606555649</a> user_id=114]
[quote=Charlie post_id=175132 time=<a href="tel:1606522259">1606522259</a> user_id=131]
I'm all for giving guys who've been doing it for years like Anastasia a break, but fuck if this is living proof they had 0 credible sources when recording their damn videos with Dave S. I remember them pretty much saying with a straight face these guys had become licensed real estate agents...
When at the same time they were trying to re establish a presence in AC, doing hits, moving weight, inducting guys and still making money with the usual loansharking and bookmaking.
This. Anastasia has lost a lot of credibility with all the bullshit reporting over the last couple of years. Standing on all those streets with Dave, saying there was nothing going on in Philly.

Plus, there was that cash-grab Gotti book with Alite, which is an absolute disgrace of a book, filled with bullshit. Thanks to that little gem we now have that idiot on Netflix telling us how he sold drugs with 'John and Gene'.
[/quote]

Well in all fairness, it's not like the members are going to be honest and admit they are still criminally active. Nor would the FBI office admit they are investigating A, B, C beyond what's common knowledge.

Second, the book he did on Previte burnt alot of bridges because there's people who felt he made Previte out to be bigger than he was while making South Philly look like clowns. George Borgesi severed all ties with him after that. Merlino still spoke to him even while in prison but it wasn't about anything important.
[/quote]

Besides GA never said there was zero activity. Just that there was not much left to run. That is confirmed by just how few cases their have been since 2011 and just how small time this particular case is compared to past big indictments.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

chubby wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:54 pm I honestly cannot believe that Dom would ever even consider selling those fake pressed fentanyl pills. I don’t care how profitable it can be your run is going to end one way with you getting indicted with multiple overdose bodies that you’re getting blamed for. Either he’s just insanely greedy, orFinancially isn’t as well off as it seems to where he’d be willing to risk Dead bodies for money. I thought he was a lot smarter than that. I know some people that are dumb enough to fuck with those things as well and the last person I talk to but I thousand for three dollars apiece and sold them all for $25 a piece within a week. I don’t care how insane the profits are I could never deal with those things. First of all morally I just could never sell something that is so deadly especially when you think about the people who might get their hands on them and not know any better and think they are real And end up taking as many as they would of the real ones and ending up dead, or the weekend warrior that takes one real one here and there and takes one of those fentanyl ones they are going to die as well, not to mention even if you make 10 million dollars off of them, the end games the same.. you’re going to get indicted for overdose deaths, the feds are going to seize all that cash and assets and you’re going to sit in prison for decades knowing you have blood on your hands... you can use that time to sit and think about how worth it was to knowingly push death for some cash...
I hear you 100% but unless you have a big $ maker , a lot of these guys need that drug money. If it were me I would focus on dominating the weed market but opiates and the mob is a 100 year old business. If they can make big money on it, most are going to sell it.

No doubt tho Dom is kicking himself as without his drug talk , it’s a BS serve a couple year type pinch
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Can someone post a link to the Grande detention memo here? I don't have access to the FBI files section. Thanks.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Chucky wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:32 pm I wonder if Borgesi is jotting down these pointers for running the Philly mob from these internet experts? He’d be crazy not to.
Hey Chucky. Good one! But I seriously fucked up my neck, laughing at the comment. :lol:
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:46 pm Can someone post a link to the Grande detention memo here? I don't have access to the FBI files section. Thanks.
Pogo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/67zy7ohln ... e.pdf/file
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

The Feds say Grande is looking at between 168-210 months, per their detention memo. They are using that as a reason to deny bail. They argue 14-17.5 years is enough to make Grande flee.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JerryB wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:57 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:46 pm Can someone post a link to the Grande detention memo here? I don't have access to the FBI files section. Thanks.
Pogo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/67zy7ohln ... e.pdf/file

Thanks again Jerry. 8-)

Pogo
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

The defendant claims to be employed at a restaurant in Berwyn, Pennsylvania; however frequent surveillance of the defendant has revealed that he is consistently seen in South Philadelphia at times and places inconsistent with alleged full time employment in Berwyn.

LOL
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 pm The defendant claims to be employed at a restaurant in Berwyn, Pennsylvania; however frequent surveillance of the defendant has revealed that he is consistently seen in South Philadelphia at times and places inconsistent with alleged full time employment in Berwyn.

LOL
That’s Doms Moms restaurant Frankie’s Fellini - good joint!
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

14 years for a first time offender ?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Second offense. He has a gambling conviction from 2008.

Pogo