EXCLUSIVE: How a Philly mob boss stole the election — and why he may flip on Joe Biden

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How a Philly mob boss stole the election — and why he may flip on Joe Biden

Post by JohnnyS »

A well known news outlet was my point.
monarch
Honorary Member

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How a Philly mob boss stole the election — and why he may flip on Joe Biden

Post by monarch »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm However, I wonder is the need to shut this thread down/revise the title more to do with the question of the ludicrousness of Merlino being involved in a voter fraud scheme or because it sheds a negative light and is detrimental to Joe Biden and the current election controversy?
If your comment is directed toward me, I wasn’t advocating censorship, the absurdity of the article didn’t seem worth legitimate discussion but there’s a time and place for everything I suppose... some boards don’t allow nonsense posts without a satire tag (or other relevant tags/flair) but sometimes I forget what board I was on.
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

The NY Post picked it up as did many other legitimate outlets
Off topic but the NY Post is a tabloid, that doesn’t automatically discredit everything they print but it is a tabloid; so is the Daily News, though the Daily News isn’t as sensationalized/editorialized.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm ... because it sheds a negative light and is detrimental to Joe Biden and the current election controversy?
That would be a good enough reason. If there was some sort of fraud, a fake story about a mobster helping Biden steal votes would only damage the legitimacy of the investigation.

This isn't helping old Rudy's cases. Its being universally laughed at and most of his cases are already being laughed out of court as it is.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”