EXCLUSIVE: How a Philly mob boss stole the election — and why he may flip on Joe Biden

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How a Philly mob boss stole the election — and why he may flip on Joe Biden

Post by dack2001 »

Jay Sekulow is an idiot. I'm not commenting on whether there is vote fraud or not but to believe this silly article is just stupid and to retweet is so irresponsible.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: EXCLUSIVE: How a Philly mob boss stole the election — and why he may flip on Joe Biden

Post by Adam »

Drudge Report too. But mocking it.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

lies
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

How could anyone possibly verify this anyways?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

"The most ridiculous and fictitious story about Joey I've ever seen in all my years as Mr Merlino's lawyer" - Edwin Jacobs
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Merlino's biggest worry now is getting clipped by some QAnon nutjob.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Some of us have posted links showing that this is fake news. The title of the thread states the fake headline as fact. Maybe edit the thread title.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:59 am Some of us have posted links showing that this is fake news. The title of the thread states the fake headline as fact. Maybe edit the thread title.
Maybe edit the title and close the thread.

I don’t know if this thread was posted seriously or as a joke but media manipulation is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in the west and in the age of covid this misinformation is even more frightening. Fortunately, a lot of articles and research have been published about fake news in general, but that doesn’t change the US being the top source in the world for (covid) misinformation. Here’s a tidbit of information about media manipulation:

BuzzFeed

In addition to being plagiarized, the content flooding his Google Alert results was often at least a year old. Adding to the confusion, it was published on websites that at first glance seemed like legitimate local news sites, with names like the Livingston Ledger, Denton Daily, and Hoback Herald. They also noticed another set of financial news sites doing the same thing, with names like Stock Daily Dish and Daily Stock Dish.
Columbia Journalism Review
An investigation by the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia Journalism School has discovered at least 450 websites in a network of local and business news organizations, each distributing thousands of algorithmically generated articles and a smaller number of reported stories. Of the 450 sites we discovered, at least 189 were set up as local news networks across ten states within the last twelve months by an organization called Metric Media.
The Guardian
Locality Labs operates scores of sites across Illinois, Michigan, Maryland and Wisconsin, often sharing content. In Michigan alone, the Lansing State Journal reported, almost 40 sites opened in one fell swoop this fall.
“In the fractured media environment that we’re operating in now, if you’re just scrolling through your Facebook feed or your Twitter feed and you see an article, you click on it and you might take in the information from there without really ever wondering what the source actually is.”
They also do it with science via predatory journals... just be careful, check your sources and verify information.

'Real' fake research hoodwinks US journals

Coronavirus misinformation, and how scientists can help to fight it
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Wow. As a journalist, I'm not one for censorship of any kind and obviously this "publication" and story is bogus as has been proven numerous times here and elsewhere. And the title of the thread that was posted by OP was/is the title of story in this particular outlet.

However, I wonder is the need to shut this thread down/revise the title more to do with the question of the ludicrousness of Merlino being involved in a voter fraud scheme or because it sheds a negative light and is detrimental to Joe Biden and the current election controversy?
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And also, I'm not attacking anyone...just posing a question.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm Wow. As a journalist, I'm not one for censorship of any kind and obviously this "publication" and story is bogus as has been proven numerous times here and elsewhere. And the title of the thread that was posted by OP was/is the title of story in this particular outlet.

However, I wonder is the need to shut this thread down/revise the title more to do with the question of the ludicrousness of Merlino being involved in a voter fraud scheme or because it sheds a negative light and is detrimental to Joe Biden and the current election controversy?
Why would anyone care about that? This is a mob forum and it's obvious fake information. The thread title makes it seem there's a New York times or whatever exclusive in here on how a mob boss is influencing American politics like its the 1950s. Theres nothing to discuss.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:25 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm Wow. As a journalist, I'm not one for censorship of any kind and obviously this "publication" and story is bogus as has been proven numerous times here and elsewhere. And the title of the thread that was posted by OP was/is the title of story in this particular outlet.

Why would anyone care about that? This is a mob forum and it's obvious fake information. The thread title makes it seem there's a New York times or whatever exclusive in here on how a mob boss is influencing American politics like its the 1950s. Theres nothing to discuss.
The NY Post picked it up as did many other legitimate outlets. I posed a question. But there are other speculative things posted on this board on a regular basis - gossip almost - that aren't taken down. I'm not defending this outlet in the least or the story. It's pure BS and should have died a long time ago. The poster before me brought up covid misinformation so I threw this out there.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:25 pm

The NY Post picked it up as did many other legitimate outlets. I posed a question. But there are other speculative things posted on this board on a regular basis - gossip almost - that aren't taken down. I'm not defending this outlet in the least or the story. It's pure BS and should have died a long time ago. The poster before me brought up covid misinformation so I threw this out there.
In fact, when the Matthew Madonna is dead story came out from a similar type publication there were no requests to pull that BS down....
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:25 pmWhy would anyone care about that? This is a mob forum and it's obvious fake information. The thread title makes it seem there's a New York times or whatever exclusive in here on how a mob boss is influencing American politics like its the 1950s. Theres nothing to discuss.
To be fair, the New York Times is no more credible than the rag that wrote this story. But I digress...
All roads lead to New York.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Bingo