Luigi "The Dog" Oliveri

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Luigi "The Dog" Oliveri

Post by johnny_scootch »

TommyGambino wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:57 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:34 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 pm
if a guy gets jammed up, family pays for his defence
This happens to some degree. The feds said the 3.8 million they seized from vincent espositos basement was the genovese family slush fund used to pay for lawyers.
It was?
I was unaware.

And the Westside have the least rats by a country mile.
They don't. Think they have like one or two less then the Gambinos, though a fair few rats were from Springfield, will have to check pogos chart.
Genovese - 10
Gambino - 13
Lucchese - 16
Colombo - 16
Bonanno - 18
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Just to reiterate...above is the total amount of made members to cooperate? (In five families)Actually way less than I thought.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Rocco wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:45 am
chubby wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:46 pm Like I don’t know if what Sammy claims he used to do is true.. but if so it was a really smart move.. when he would get a large sum of cash he would divide some of it up with the guys in his crew... that shows loyalty and will probably be shown back in some way in the future...

I know if I had a skipper like Ronnie g with millions on the street living in that mansion and he wouldn’t hand over a penny I would personally hate the guy. Especially if I was the one collecting and making sure his money was straight
Ronnie G was a moron with his money. He had decades to poor that money into legit business he could draw an legit income from. He didn't it. Was the house in his name when he went down or the wifes? Literally nothing should be in your name and you should have at least 1 legit biz to draw a 6 figure salary from. He also should have started companies in his relatives names all these yrs. There are very few wiseguys that do it right with the money.
You’re so right... I’m so amazed he made it on the streets as long as he did.. the guy had 0 legit income and built a fucking mansion... he could have set up businesses that actually could generate legit profit also, not just strictly to launder his street money.. he literally could have opened any sort of business.... and like you said too.. you always have to put everything in other family members names so they can’t come straight to you and take it...
it’s insane to me someone who was literally that dumb, like he literally had 0 street knowledge or schooling on what to do with that money... I knew a guy like him and it always pissed me off so much.. they guy was literally so incompetent yet had a insane money making business just fall in his lap... like without his luck he couldn’t make a penny on his own... and he was literally driving multiple brand new lamborghinis , rolls royces and shit... but of course, he also went down due to him having no sense in how to make his money work for him and keep him looking somewhat legitimate...
like I said the fact Ronnie g lasted as long as he did is crazy, surprised he didn’t get indicted the first day construction was done on his stupid ass house...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Earning money.

Managing money.

Two very very different things gents.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

starting a biz, running a biz, making a biz profitable, and maintaining it are all very hard things. sending kids out to collect insane tax free interest on cash you lent out is much easier. if any of these guys like ronnie g had it in them to make a successful legit business, they would have been done it ages ago. even doing something legit to break even and wash some of your money, or create artificial losses, takes work and takes time away from maintaining your illegal biz. add laziness, greed, and the fact you kinda have to live low key if youre running a legit biz to break even and wash money through, and its a no brainer why a lot of these guys dont do it
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I dont know. Even that old guy vincent asoro had a fence business and would actually set up your fence this came up in sal vitale testimony. You always hear how he was cheap and scamming but he worked. I read this guy ronnie had legit auto garages. You could wash alot of money in just 1 a few different ways. That killed borrello just sounds like a hater. Hes a rat for the rest of his life and that guy ronnie goes back to the neighborhood in a couple years and picks up where he left off
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:33 am I dont know. Even that old guy vincent asoro had a fence business and would actually set up your fence this came up in sal vitale testimony. You always hear how he was cheap and scamming but he worked. I read this guy ronnie had legit auto garages. You could wash alot of money in just 1 a few different ways. That killed borrello just sounds like a hater. Hes a rat for the rest of his life and that guy ronnie goes back to the neighborhood in a couple years and picks up where he left off
I agree on borrello . His is an annoying scrawny squid. He doesn't seem to bright. Total follower.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Rocco wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:23 am
Pmac2 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:33 am I dont know. Even that old guy vincent asoro had a fence business and would actually set up your fence this came up in sal vitale testimony. You always hear how he was cheap and scamming but he worked. I read this guy ronnie had legit auto garages. You could wash alot of money in just 1 a few different ways. That killed borrello just sounds like a hater. Hes a rat for the rest of his life and that guy ronnie goes back to the neighborhood in a couple years and picks up where he left off
I agree on borrello . His is an annoying scrawny squid. He doesn't seem to bright. Total follower.
Agreed.. you can see the bitterness ooze out of his pores... he wanted to get made so badly... honestly if you ask me all the stuff he did that he thought were going to lead him to getting made, I think are the things that honestly held him back..... he hates on festa for being a pussy who just handed money to Ronnie.. but he got made.. and wasn’t out there being a cowboy.... I feel like gene just was like an expendable loose cannon that Ronnie used up and threw away....obviously violence wasn’t the road to get a button.. cause festa and the other guy who had the modeling pics surface or whatever seemed to stay far away from the violence and were just about earning ... which is what counts for everything now.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Squid LOLOLOLOL 100% Spot on!
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Big time. He is constantly trying to add some stupid story. And sometimes he pretends like he knows something personally but i can tell he read some mob book.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 pm We talk a lot about assimilation, softness, Italians moving into the middle class etc etc as factors for the decline of the mob. And I agree.
But to me, if families did two simple things, rats would almost disappear; if a guy gets jammed up, family pays for his defence and if a made guy goes away on a bid, his family gets a cheque every month.
The mob did those two simple things, it’d change everything.
Guys will do time if they know the family backs them, and supports their wife and kids.

Massino knew what he was doing when he started a family fund.

My opinion
The Sicilians still do that. A major portion of the pizzo goes to support families of imprisoned mafiosi.
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:02 pm
This happens to some degree. The feds said the 3.8 million they seized from vincent espositos basement was the genovese family slush fund used to pay for lawyers.
It was?
I was unaware.

They don't. Think they have like one or two less then the Gambinos, though a fair few rats were from Springfield, will have to check pogos chart.
Genovese - 10
Gambino - 13
Lucchese - 16
Colombo - 16
Bonanno - 18
I think you have to put an asterisk by the names of those who were before Valachi.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Philly d wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:32 pm
Big time. He is constantly trying to add some stupid story. And sometimes he pretends like he knows something personally but i can tell he read some mob book.
agreed. The only real guy on there has been Luisi and Arilotta in my opinion. Alite is annoying and a bullshit artist.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:02 pm
It was?
I was unaware.

Genovese - 10
Gambino - 13
Lucchese - 16
Colombo - 16
Bonanno - 18
Can't just use absolute numbers though. An informative comparison would be proportions accounting for differences in family size. A quick and dirty method might be to divide the number of rats by the total number of members in a family across whatever time period of interest. Relative to the size of their families, the Colombos, for example, have had a burden of "rattery" far higher as compared to the Genovese then the absolute difference of 6 individuals conveys.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I saw photos of Oliveri working a stand at the feast in Peterstown sometime within the last few years. Looked much heavier.

His parents came to the US from Partinico, Sicily in thee 1970s. Not a town the DeCavalcantes recruit from and no reason to suspect a mafia connection, but thought it was interesting his family has such recent ties to Sicily.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

B. wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:05 am I saw photos of Oliveri working a stand at the feast in Peterstown sometime within the last few years. Looked much heavier.

His parents came to the US from Partinico, Sicily in thee 1970s. Not a town the DeCavalcantes recruit from and no reason to suspect a mafia connection, but thought it was interesting his family has such recent ties to Sicily.
Post em if you can please.

-Dante