Luigi "The Dog" Oliveri

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Luigi "The Dog" Oliveri

Post by Rocco »

joerock wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:56 am
Rocco wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:33 am
joerock wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:39 pm
Rocco wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm Pic taken At Luigi Oliveri's restaurant in Elizabeth in 2012. 3yrs before indictments. Luigi in center in blue shirt and black hat. Stango to the left. Heeney sitting in front.
Very good pictures but didn't Anthony have a beef with
Luigi he definitely did in the indictments from 2015
I believe this is prior to that. Pic is from 2012. They all know each other well. And they were all doing the same thing. Selling Coke for a quick buck. What they call short money.
Ah that explains it, interesting thing is that's when the undercover guy started making his way into the family
That was the older Stango's fault. But the guy was locked away for so long. He was dead broke when he came out. More then half the people he was close to are dead or in jail. He was desperate to make money. So he took the bait and let the uncover agent get close to him. Should have known better. But it was that or get a job ..and that wasn't going to happen. Then his sons crew or wiggers selling coke was bound to collapse at some point as well. Shit life.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

"We're weak, man." - Charles Stango
All roads lead to New York.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Rocco wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:53 pm
Rocco wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm Pic taken At Luigi Oliveri's restaurant in Elizabeth in 2012. 3yrs before indictments. Luigi in center in blue shirt and black hat. Stango to the left. Heeney sitting in front.
I believe this is prior to that. Pic is from 2012. They all know each other well. And they were all doing the same thing. Selling Coke for a quick buck. What they call short money.
Ah that explains it, interesting thing is that's when the undercover guy started making his way into the family
That was the older Stango's fault. But the guy was locked away for so long. He was dead broke when he came out. More then half the people he was close to are dead or in jail. He was desperate to make money. So he took the bait and let the uncover agent get close to him. Should have known better. But it was that or get a job ..and that wasn't going to happen. Then his sons crew or wiggers selling coke was bound to collapse at some point as well. Shit life.
Oliveri even tried to warn him that the guy was no good but that just pissed Stango off even more
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

I think a lot of these pics just mirrors much of society today. People more inclined to dress sloppily and project an image. Everyone wants to look like ‘something’. It matches the state of their manners and values.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

joerock wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:46 pm
Oliveri even tried to warn him that the guy was no good but that just pissed Stango off even more
Yep every wiseguys weakness is money. Stango like allot of guys who come out after a longtime in jail are dead broke. Feds know this and target them because they almost always bite. And he did. Allot of people were bashing the younger Stango because he was a wigger...hes just a kid. But its really the older Stango that brought everyone down. They were already on to him when the younger Stango slipped on the phone call with the old man. They old man was already doing biz with an undercover agent at that point. The old man was doomed the moment he took $$ from the agent. Never mind planning a murder with an agent. Goes back to me saying by the time the older Stango got out..most of everyone he knew were dead or in jail . So he had to make money with new people. People he really didn't know. Same thing had happened to Greg DePalma
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Rocco wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 am
joerock wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:46 pm
Yep every wiseguys weakness is money. Stango like allot of guys who come out after a longtime in jail are dead broke. Feds know this and target them because they almost always bite. And he did. Allot of people were bashing the younger Stango because he was a wigger...hes just a kid. But its really the older Stango that brought everyone down. They were already on to him when the younger Stango slipped on the phone call with the old man. They old man was already doing biz with an undercover agent at that point. The old man was doomed the moment he took $$ from the agent. Never mind planning a murder with an agent. Goes back to me saying by the time the older Stango got out..most of everyone he knew were dead or in jail . So he had to make money with new people. People he really didn't know. Same thing had happened to Greg DePalma
I was just going to mention the depalma situation... Jack Garcia came around and was all the sudden depalma right hand man just cause he was shoving money in his face.. man at some point you would think that you would be weary of some random who might get introduced to you by someone you deem As solid, I think at some point you will still question why is this person all the sudden around giving me envelopes??? Doesn’t matter how much they give you if you gotta spent it all on lawyers or be in prison.. but the greed on some of these guys is unreal ... even some of the guys who have a lot of money are so cheap and greedy it’s insane.. like if Ronnie g was really as cheap as gene says, that’s just insane.. and when people in your crew get locked up or need $ uou should be the first one to bail them out or give them some money to help them.. if not you’re literally breeding resentment into guys in your own crew.. it’s an easy way to turn your own guys against you..
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Like I don’t know if what Sammy claims he used to do is true.. but if so it was a really smart move.. when he would get a large sum of cash he would divide some of it up with the guys in his crew... that shows loyalty and will probably be shown back in some way in the future...

I know if I had a skipper like Ronnie g with millions on the street living in that mansion and he wouldn’t hand over a penny I would personally hate the guy. Especially if I was the one collecting and making sure his money was straight
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

We talk a lot about assimilation, softness, Italians moving into the middle class etc etc as factors for the decline of the mob. And I agree.
But to me, if families did two simple things, rats would almost disappear; if a guy gets jammed up, family pays for his defence and if a made guy goes away on a bid, his family gets a cheque every month.
The mob did those two simple things, it’d change everything.
Guys will do time if they know the family backs them, and supports their wife and kids.

Massino knew what he was doing when he started a family fund.

My opinion
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 pm
if a guy gets jammed up, family pays for his defence
This happens to some degree. The feds said the 3.8 million they seized from vincent espositos basement was the genovese family slush fund used to pay for lawyers.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 pm We talk a lot about assimilation, softness, Italians moving into the middle class etc etc as factors for the decline of the mob. And I agree.
But to me, if families did two simple things, rats would almost disappear; if a guy gets jammed up, family pays for his defence and if a made guy goes away on a bid, his family gets a cheque every month.
Guys will do time if they know the family backs them, and supports their wife and kids.

My opinion
It's funny, this is standard in Naples, who everyone agrees is the LEAST organized of the 3 mafias. The Sicilians started using gambling to pay for inmates families and expenses.....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 pm
This happens to some degree. The feds said the 3.8 million they seized from vincent espositos basement was the genovese family slush fund used to pay for lawyers.
It was?
I was unaware.

And the Westside have the least rats by a country mile.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 pm We talk a lot about assimilation, softness, Italians moving into the middle class etc etc as factors for the decline of the mob. And I agree.

My opinion
It’s very true.... also them supporting your family and yourself making sure you got commissary and money on your books for hygiene/ money on the phone... with r paying their bail money... those simple actions alone would also fully help solidify the whole “loyalty” thing If it was ever questioned... you would still believe in the life when it comes to that....

On the other hand when guys get pinched and slowly/or instantly everyone on the street they thought they could depend on starts treating them like a leper and stops answering their calls, let all be helping them out financially.. the stress comes... then you have to listen to your wife/girlfriend on your ass daily on the phone asking you wtf you’re going to do to fix the financial problem, since the rents starting to be late, need food for groceries... with all those stresses starting to eat away at you when you’re trapped in a little cell and can really, really take someone who isn’t mentally strong, or have that much belief in the life in the first place... that can really be a repeating thought that would lean them towards cooperating....

I know we will never know.. but I really wonder how many guys would have stood tall if all their rackets weren’t swallowed up and 0 funds were being sent to help them or their families......

It’s honestly an easy thing to look out for someone. The money part is honestly the easiest!!! Retrieving phone numbers daily, hitting up a bunch of random girls and people on Facebook/Instagram to connect the people. All the petty errands are way more irritated than just sending some j pay money is nothing...
no matter how annoyed I would get, or how “busy” I really was. Always in the back of my head I would put myself in their position and feel how shitty it would be to get ignored, or have someone just put no effort into helping them pass along a message... so I would always make it a point to always pick up the phone as long as I was able, and to also do whatever I could that they would request, as long as it was reasonable...
gladly the people I’ve done this for do not forget, and have not taken it for granted... even one who’s still in..
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

chubby wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:46 pm Like I don’t know if what Sammy claims he used to do is true.. but if so it was a really smart move.. when he would get a large sum of cash he would divide some of it up with the guys in his crew... that shows loyalty and will probably be shown back in some way in the future...

I know if I had a skipper like Ronnie g with millions on the street living in that mansion and he wouldn’t hand over a penny I would personally hate the guy. Especially if I was the one collecting and making sure his money was straight
Ronnie G was a moron with his money. He had decades to poor that money into legit business he could draw an legit income from. He didn't it. Was the house in his name when he went down or the wifes? Literally nothing should be in your name and you should have at least 1 legit biz to draw a 6 figure salary from. He also should have started companies in his relatives names all these yrs. There are very few wiseguys that do it right with the money.
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

iirc ronnie g had couple businessess

a sneaker store for 1.....iirc
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:34 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 pm
It was?
I was unaware.

And the Westside have the least rats by a country mile.
They don't. Think they have like one or two less then the Gambinos, though a fair few rats were from Springfield, will have to check pogos chart.