Mobster Vinny Gorgeous rewarded for good behavior

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: Mobster Vinny Gorgeous rewarded for good behavior

Post by bronx »

Happy for vinny getting out of that hole, he can get his humanity back..surprised he still has his sanity..
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

The death penalty is an emotional reaction to a crime.
It is a selfish, immature response.

It doesn't bring the lost one back, undo the crime or turn back time. It's simply self serving emotional revenge. Not justice.

An Wiseguy I'm betting you're a practising Christian. Doesn't exactly fit in with turning the other cheek now does it?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Isolation is immoral, cruel and inhuman. I had to spend 3 weeks in isolation because of a fight. It almost drove me freaking insane. No one should be forced to endure that. Its one thing to make someone pay their debt to society, its another thing to subject them to the hole. If you have not experienced this then you have no fucking clue, none. What Vinny did was not worse than Gravano or any other mob killer.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It amazes me how young he still is.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:The death penalty is an emotional reaction to a crime.

It doesn't bring the lost one back, undo the crime or turn back time. It's simply self serving emotional revenge. Not justice.

An Wiseguy I'm betting you're a practising Christian. Doesn't exactly fit in with turning the other cheek now does it?
I had a feeling somebody would have the response you did. I'm going to explain this as simply as possible so you all can understand. Murder (ie not manslaughter, etc) is "extreme" (to use JoeShmoe's word) by its very nature and is worth the of the death-penalty under just about any circumstance. A society shows how serious it considers a crime to be by the punishment it metes out for it. The death-penalty, far from just being "an emotional response," metes out true justice whereas life in prison is a robbery of that justice and says the life of the murderer is worth more than the life of their victim. Just going for life in prison, many of which dont even serve that long, is often the answer given by morally confused, handwringing liberals who support a murderer's "right to live" while supporting the a "woman's right" to abort her unborn child. And you can forget this crap about life in prison being a worse punishment Rocco. It's easy to say that when you're not facing the needle but, as we've seen in so many cases, the condemned virtually always choose life in prison (if they can) over death. Finally, the Christian teaching of forgiveness and "turning the other cheek" applies to individuals. Society, however, has the duty to mete out punishment and justice for crime. Otherwise, to use Sonny Blackstein's logic (based on an absurd misunderstanding of Christianity), we may as well do away with police, courts, and prisons altogether.
All roads lead to New York.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Wiseguy wrote:Murder (ie not manslaughter, etc) is "extreme" (to use JoeShmoe's word) by its very nature and is worth the of the death-penalty under just about any circumstance.
Wiseguy, but if murder happens in the circumstances like in examples I quoted, do you think it still warrants a death penalty? Even the mother who kills the unrepentant and unpunished murderer and rapist of her daughter?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Dwalin2014 wrote:Wiseguy, but if murder happens in the circumstances like in examples I quoted, do you think it still warrants a death penalty? Even the mother who kills the unrepentant and unpunished murderer and rapist of her daughter?

No one has ever or will ever get the death penalty for that. It is damn near impossible as it is for 1st degree murderers to get the death penalty in this country as it is.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

A particularly lucky scummy cunt. Let him rot in a place with some modicum of a view, but still leave him to rot. Fuck whether or not Massino was telling the %100 truth, he'd still step on my baby's neck to be out from under and back on the streets.

When the fuckis Massino gonna write a book, that's what I'd like to know. Even if you do discount the %50 self-fellating aggrandisement and %25 "his own words" bullshit, we'd still be left with an account of the Bonanno's circa. 1990/2005. Vitale and him, they're probably still under court agreements, but I'd still read the fucking books.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Dwalin2014 wrote:Wiseguy, but if murder happens in the circumstances like in examples I quoted, do you think it still warrants a death penalty? Even the mother who kills the unrepentant and unpunished murderer and rapist of her daughter?
That's why I said "under just about any circumstance." Your example is a million light years away from a career criminal and repeated murderer like Basciano.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

Wiseguy wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:The death penalty is an emotional reaction to a crime.

I had a feeling somebody would have the response you did. I'm going to explain this as simply as possible so you all can understand. Murder (ie not manslaughter, etc) is "extreme" (to use JoeShmoe's word) by its very nature and is worth the of the death-penalty under just about any circumstance. A society shows how serious it considers a crime to be by the punishment it metes out for it. The death-penalty, far from just being "an emotional response," metes out true justice whereas life in prison is a robbery of that justice and says the life of the murderer is worth more than the life of their victim. Just going for life in prison, many of which dont even serve that long, is often the answer given by morally confused, handwringing liberals who support a murderer's "right to live" while supporting the a "woman's right" to abort her unborn child. And you can forget this crap about life in prison being a worse punishment Rocco. It's easy to say that when you're not facing the needle but, as we've seen in so many cases, the condemned virtually always choose life in prison (if they can) over death. Finally, the Christian teaching of forgiveness and "turning the other cheek" applies to individuals. Society, however, has the duty to mete out punishment and justice for crime. Otherwise, to use Sonny Blackstein's logic (based on an absurd misunderstanding of Christianity), we may as well do away with police, courts, and prisons altogether.

I don't think Sonny was suggesting getting rid of police, courts and prisons. But as usual your vast "superior" judgment of the situation takes on a tone of arrogance.

I support the death penalty under extreme circumstances and where the evidence is irrefutable. That doesn't mean every murderer should get it. And don't give me any crap about the death penalty being a deterrent to crime. Because numerous studies have shown that it isn't.

Basciano is a mobster, he's not a terrorist, a cartel leader or a rapist. You can be as high minded as you want about every damn little thing, but it ain't always black and white. Even when it comes to criminals
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Sonny, as far as I'm concerned we don't kill enough people, and I don't think there's anything wrong "revenge" as it pertains to capital punishment. You wanna kill and/or rape, fucking kill them, and it would lower a certain population of our country...Pogo knows what I'm talking about :mrgreen:
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chucky wrote:Sonny, as far as I'm concerned we don't kill enough people, and I don't think there's anything wrong "revenge" as it pertains to capital punishment. You wanna kill and/or rape, fucking kill them, and it would lower a certain population of our country...Pogo knows what I'm talking about :mrgreen:

Correct. We barely kill any in fact. I'd be surprised if even 1/10 of 1% of murderers are ever actually executed in this country. I think capital punshment should also be greatly expanded to include other crimes other than murder (and actually carried out).

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

123JoeSchmo wrote:
I don't think Sonny was suggesting getting rid of police, courts and prisons. But as usual your vast "superior" judgment of the situation takes on a tone of arrogance.

I support the death penalty under extreme circumstances and where the evidence is irrefutable. That doesn't mean every murderer should get it. And don't give me any crap about the death penalty being a deterrent to crime. Because numerous studies have shown that it isn't.

Basciano is a mobster, he's not a terrorist, a cartel leader or a rapist. You can be as high minded as you want about every damn little thing, but it ain't always black and white. Even when it comes to criminals
Going by Sonny's misapplication of Christianity, if we (society) are to just "turn the other cheek," there would be no need for police, courts, or prisons. That's the logical fallacy many have made whenever they attempt to throw Christianity back in my face in this debate.

And who said anything about the death-penalty being a deterrent? That's a strawman argument anti-death penalty liberals bring up but I didnt. Though one certainly wonders the effects if we streamlined the whole process and made executions much quicker and more sure.

As I said, the death penalty is about justice, pure and simple. I don't know what you consider an "extreme circumstance" but if we look at Basciano, here is a career criminal, high up in a criminal organization, who not only committed murder himself but ordered several others. All to maintain power or for profit. If he's not worthy of the death penalty, who is? And I have to say this isn't the first time I've encountered somebody who leans to the left who says they support the death penalty under certain circumstances but it's hard to find any examples or they narrow the criteria so much that almost nobody meets it, no matter who they are or what crimes they committed.

I should add (though I don't think you're one of them) that if we were talking about a black gang leader or Mexican cartel boss guilty of the same crimes as Basciano, there wouldn't be anyone here clamoring for them to be released from solitary or given better surroundings. None of these guys will admit it (these kind never do) but it comes down to mobster admiration/worship on their part.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Wiseguy wrote:And I have to say this isn't the first time I've encountered somebody who leans to the left who says they support the death penalty under certain circumstances but it's hard to find any examples or they narrow the criteria so much that almost nobody meets it, no matter who they are or what crimes they committed.
I personally don't lean to the left (or any other political direction, since imo there is crime and corruption in all political movements), but I could easily tell you who in my opinion deserves the death penalty 100%:

All rapists, without exception.
Contract killers who make killing their profession
All crime bosses who killed at least one innocent person, like a witness, policeman, judge or businessman who didn't want to pay protection.
Serial killers

Just the first categories that come to mind.

However, I would like to specify: I am not a fan of Basciano's, don't care what happens to him. What I want to point out that in my opinion the death penalty shouldn't be extended to EVERYBODY who has committed murder.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote:I had a feeling somebody would have the response you did. I'm going to explain this as simply as possible so you all can understand.
......is often the answer given by morally confused, handwringing liberals
I wouldve replied something like 'go fuck yourself with your faux moral superiority Wiseguy'. Because you adhere to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths and writings, you have moral certainty? See the problem with the religious right is they know. There's zero humility because they know. And everyone else doesnt know, has to have it explained to them because Im 'morally confused'. Go fuck yourself.

Thats what I was going to write. but I feel this is more elogently expressive than my above:
123JoeSchmo wrote: But as usual your vast "superior" judgment of the situation takes on a tone of arrogance.
Wiseguy wrote:Finally, the Christian teaching of forgiveness and "turning the other cheek" applies to individuals. Society, however, has the duty to mete out punishment and justice for crime. Otherwise, to use Sonny Blackstein's logic (based on an absurd misunderstanding of Christianity), we may as well do away with police, courts, and prisons altogether.
Speaking of absurd misunderstandings.
Youre immature reaction of the death penalty 'sanctioned' by Christian doctrine is best expressed by an example.
When a child gets hit by another student in the classroom, does the teacher educate and discipline the child by a) Getting the student to hit the other student back (IE the death penalty)? or b) sending the offending child to the corner as punishment (IE not the death penalty)?
See my 'absurd' logic now Ivy?

Another issue where the rest of the western world has progressed and a few stubborn dated fear mongering religious right keep the US coupled in 3rd world morals, laws and values. Guns or the Death penalty.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.