Patty Red Dellorusso article in wsj. Seems maybe tried to get legit at one point

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Patty Red Dellorusso article in wsj. Seems maybe tried to get legit at one point

Post by Tonyd621 »

In autumn 2009, when their business, Gym Door Repairs, was faltering, Stephen and Kathleen Cole hired a family friend to be the company's new public face.
They had met Patrick Dello Russo in 2007 at the Cedar Beach Marina in Babylon. Two years later, they hired Mr. Dello Russo as the CEO of a new company, Safe Path Systems, hoping he could help secure city and state contracts installing and maintaining safety systems on school gym partitions.
They believed they had provoked government officials and thought a fresh face could revive their reputation.

They did not know at the time, they said in an interview, that Mr. Dello Russo had pleaded guilty to racketeering in 1994 and had served 10 years in prison. Federal court papers in connection with that case described him as a corrupt freight company executive who ran labor rackets at Kennedy Airport for the Luchese crime family.

Mr. Dello Russo said in an interview he never concealed his criminal history and time in prison. "I was just trying to repair their battered image," he said. Asked about alleged former connections to the Luchese crime family, Mr. Dello Russo said, "I don't want to talk about that."
The Coles said Mr. Dello Russo encouraged them to enter a revenue-sharing agreement with an emerging competitor, Young Equipment Sales, based in Hauppauge, N.Y., which would pay Safe Path a fee for the right to sell and maintain its system.
The deal did not work out as planned for the Coles, they said.

Mr. Dello Russo was able to get meetings with city and state facility supervisors. The Coles said they fired him in April 2010 after their accountant alerted them to his past.
Young Equipment is now poised to get the business they sought, the Coles said. Young Equipment is in talks with city education officials about installing safety systems on hundreds of doors, according to the company and city officials.

Mr. Dello Russo said he quit working for the Coles in April 2010 because he believed the Coles were trying unfairly to limit rivals by insisting that they determine who was qualified to install and maintain their system. The couple denies the allegation.

Rich Young, the CEO of Young Equipment, and Mr. Dello Russo said they stopped working with each other when Mr. Dello Russo's relationship with the Coles ended.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Patty Red Dellorusso article in wsj. Seems maybe tried to get legit at one point

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good find 👍🏻
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Re: Patty Red Dellorusso article in wsj. Seems maybe tried to get legit at one point

Post by Frank »

I dont know if he was going legit or not. But probably not. He probably was going to use these people and there business to his advantge.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

When was patty red made? Was he one of the guy inducted while casso and amuso were on the run. I remember reading his name in little Al's book so he was around back then. Must have got made before he was 30
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Frank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:06 pm I dont know if he was going legit or not. But probably not. He probably was going to use these people and there business to his advantge.
Has he been free from prison since 2011? If so, that's a good run. I mean it seems he even may have gave the wall street journal an interview.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

He is the acting underboss and probably the next official underboss, so I dont think he got to those positions by being legit.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:21 pm When was patty red made? Was he one of the guy inducted while casso and amuso were on the run. I remember reading his name in little Al's book so he was around back then. Must have got made before he was 30

Yeah he was made in 1991.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Frank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 pm He is the acting underboss and probably the next official underboss, so I dont think he got to those positions by being legit.
I'm not saying he is. But it seems he tried to have gainful employment from a legitimate company.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:57 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 pm He is the acting underboss and probably the next official underboss, so I dont think he got to those positions by being legit.
I'm not saying he is. But it seems he tried to have gainful employment from a legitimate company.
Yes its possible, but probably not.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

But who else in the family would want the spot? It's a huge target.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Frank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:05 pm
Yes its possible, but probably not.
Wait a sec, doesnt the guy-Pennisi who started blog sitdownnews mention something how DelloRussos friend who he abuses according to Pennisi owns a door company? Maybe they two correlate somehow, idk.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Danny Campo it was. A door salesman or something.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:29 pm Danny Campo it was. A door salesman or something.
Crea was loved by Vic. Why because he was a huge money maker for Vic, and loyal to Vic. I just dont see Crea being replaced by just a guy that has nothing going for him. I just dont see where he tried to go legit.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Frank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:25 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:29 pm Danny Campo it was. A door salesman or something.
Crea was loved by Vic. Why because he was a huge money maker for Vic, and loyal to Vic. I just dont see Crea being replaced by just a guy that has nothing going for him. I just dont see where he tried to go legit.
It was a legitimate job. I'll leave it at that. Whether he had legitimate intentions that's a different answer.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:37 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:25 pm
It was a legitimate job. I'll leave it at that. Whether he had legitimate intentions that's a different answer.
Yes and I agree.