Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:20 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm
chicagodog wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:09 pm I would guesstimate that Chris Spina and family own between 3-5 million in property in West Town. That would be on the low end.
It seems that famous quote from the Godfather movie "We'll get there pop, we'll get there" perfectly fits with the image of today's Outfit, meaning they really reached that level and now they are "free". That is why we can rarely see any federal cases regarding street activities lately but instead we only hear about how much legit enterprises and real estate these guys own.
Indeed. But did they renounce Satan and all his works? Lol
:lol: no doubt about that! Btw this reminds me of one old story regarding Giancana using one priest as his courier...they named him Father Cash or something like that lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:20 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm
chicagodog wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:09 pm I would guesstimate that Chris Spina and family own between 3-5 million in property in West Town. That would be on the low end.
It seems that famous quote from the Godfather movie "We'll get there pop, we'll get there" perfectly fits with the image of today's Outfit, meaning they really reached that level and now they are "free". That is why we can rarely see any federal cases regarding street activities lately but instead we only hear about how much legit enterprises and real estate these guys own.
Indeed. But did they renounce Satan and all his works? Lol
:lol: no doubt about that! Btw this reminds me of one old story regarding Giancana using one priest as his courier...they named him Father Cash or something like that lol
Lol of course he would.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

So here’s my experience with the outfits younger guys and kind of how I’ve surmised the operation works today. I will not use names as I grew up with these guys and it’s not my place. Here’s a typical scheme that is currently playing out in Chicago- a friend that I’ve known since we were babies recently reached out to me and told me to download signal. I had no fucking idea what signal was but after a quick google search I realized it was essentially a messenger app that disappears and they do not keep the messages. I regress, but after I downloaded the app my buddy proceeded to tell me to meet him at a warehouse on the outskirts of Pilsen and Chinatown. I show up and I’m allowed in. When I walk inside it looks like an Apple store, there are AirPods, iPads, computers, and phones everywhere. He asks me if I want to make some money and sell some of the airpods for him. I politely decline and don’t ask a lot of questions. But me not being a momo I put two and two together and all of this stolen property is from the recent looting in Chicago. My buddy proceeds to tell me that this is the last remnants of what he has and he will get rid of it by the end of the week. Now this friend of mine has a very successful scaffolding and excavation company that uses “union labor” but if you go to any of his work sites you will see mostly Latino and Polish workers who definitely aren’t union employees and more than likely are illegal. So his company bids on a contract, if it’s private they highly suggest to other contractors not to bid on the contract or they share it. The coronavirus and quarantine has been a boon for the Outfit. They’ve been putting more money on the street “then we have in decades”. Bar owners, restaurant owners, smaller property owners, everyone is borrowing money due to loans being non existent from banks. The outfit has gotten smarter in that a) they own legit businesses b) they know violence equals headlines and law enforcement prying eyes- so if violence does need to be committed it needs to be very very planned out and needs to be made to look like it isn’t what it actually is I.e. Black on black or latin on latin crime. Another one of my “friends” is running a large money laundering operation thru businesses he owns and businesses he pays a percent to get that illegal money cleaned and into the US banking system- think food trucks, dry cleaners, bars, and coin laundries that are still very prevalent on the South and West sides.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That sounds like the plot of a bad b movie.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

chicagodog wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 am So here’s my experience with the outfits younger guys and kind of how I’ve surmised the operation works today. I will not use names as I grew up with these guys and it’s not my place. Here’s a typical scheme that is currently playing out in Chicago- a friend that I’ve known since we were babies recently reached out to me and told me to download signal. I had no fucking idea what signal was but after a quick google search I realized it was essentially a messenger app that disappears and they do not keep the messages. I regress, but after I downloaded the app my buddy proceeded to tell me to meet him at a warehouse on the outskirts of Pilsen and Chinatown. I show up and I’m allowed in. When I walk inside it looks like an Apple store, there are AirPods, iPads, computers, and phones everywhere. He asks me if I want to make some money and sell some of the airpods for him. I politely decline and don’t ask a lot of questions. But me not being a momo I put two and two together and all of this stolen property is from the recent looting in Chicago. My buddy proceeds to tell me that this is the last remnants of what he has and he will get rid of it by the end of the week. Now this friend of mine has a very successful scaffolding and excavation company that uses “union labor” but if you go to any of his work sites you will see mostly Latino and Polish workers who definitely aren’t union employees and more than likely are illegal. So his company bids on a contract, if it’s private they highly suggest to other contractors not to bid on the contract or they share it. The coronavirus and quarantine has been a boon for the Outfit. They’ve been putting more money on the street “then we have in decades”. Bar owners, restaurant owners, smaller property owners, everyone is borrowing money due to loans being non existent from banks. The outfit has gotten smarter in that a) they own legit businesses b) they know violence equals headlines and law enforcement prying eyes- so if violence does need to be committed it needs to be very very planned out and needs to be made to look like it isn’t what it actually is I.e. Black on black or latin on latin crime. Another one of my “friends” is running a large money laundering operation thru businesses he owns and businesses he pays a percent to get that illegal money cleaned and into the US banking system- think food trucks, dry cleaners, bars, and coin laundries that are still very prevalent on the South and West sides.
Well Im not saying your wrong but Im sure your friends dont like it that you shared this info.
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

They won’t ever find out. I wouldn’t say we’re friends. We grew up together, went to grade school together and have stayed in touch. We don’t hang out, we run into each other in the neighborhood and catch up.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Came across this post from blogger Peter Bella on the apparent 2009 dissapearance of Anthony Catalano and subsequent murder later that year of his acquaintance Michael DeFilippis. Both men seem to have been involved in drugs and according to Bella were rumored to have Oufit ties, specifically to disgraced doctor Joe Giacchino, Elmwood Park associate. No telling what exactly happened to these guys but certainly these cases arouse suspicion.
http://www.chicagonow.com/interesting-c ... /03/17419/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... tory.html
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 pm I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
That’s the Outfits bread and butter. You bid a job using union rates, sub it out using non Union rates and you pocket the rest. Walk around to non major construction sites and you usually find Hispanic and polish workers who are definitely not union.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:58 am Came across this post from blogger Peter Bella on the apparent 2009 dissapearance of Anthony Catalano and subsequent murder later that year of his acquaintance Michael DeFilippis. Both men seem to have been involved in drugs and according to Bella were rumored to have Oufit ties, specifically to disgraced doctor Joe Giacchino, Elmwood Park associate. No telling what exactly happened to these guys but certainly these cases arouse suspicion.

What’s Dr. “Million Pills” up to these days? Last I heard of anything he was an “office manager” for Dr. Paul Madison and I want to say the practice was raided or infiltrated by the DEA but this was a few years back.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 am That sounds like the plot of a bad b movie.

Pogo
Hahaha
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

chicagodog wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 pm I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
That’s the Outfits bread and butter. You bid a job using union rates, sub it out using non Union rates and you pocket the rest. Walk around to non major construction sites and you usually find Hispanic and polish workers who are definitely not union.
So why does the developer agree to it?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:58 am Came across this post from blogger Peter Bella on the apparent 2009 dissapearance of Anthony Catalano and subsequent murder later that year of his acquaintance Michael DeFilippis. Both men seem to have been involved in drugs and according to Bella were rumored to have Oufit ties, specifically to disgraced doctor Joe Giacchino, Elmwood Park associate. No telling what exactly happened to these guys but certainly these cases arouse suspicion.

Seems like it’s possible that Catalano’s death could’ve been outfit related. Disappearing without a trace seems like a professional mob hit. Not like something a street gang or cartel would pull off.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

I remember reading about this when it happened. It sure seems likely to be outfit connected given the long and varied family ties to the outfit as well as the close ties to Dr. Giacchino, who Fosco used to write about all the time on ANP as being an Elwood Park associate.

All speculation, but I would not be surprised if both of these young guys were low level outfit associates with a specific crew. They were told to stop selling pills/dealing drugs. They did not stop. They then disappeared.

The small number of outfit hits in the 2000s certainly seem extremely pro and buttoned up. No mistakes. No survellaince. The victim just disappears never to be heard from again. I'm thinking of Zizzo, Defillips, and Catalano primarily.

Perhaps they learned from and were trying to avoid the Chiaramonti mess in 2001.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Back in the 60s, the EP crew had another doctor associate named John Vitacco...used to live in River Forest i think
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am

I remember reading about this when it happened. It sure seems likely to be outfit connected given the long and varied family ties to the outfit as well as the close ties to Dr. Giacchino, who Fosco used to write about all the time on ANP as being an Elwood Park associate.

All speculation, but I would not be surprised if both of these young guys were low level outfit associates with a specific crew. They were told to stop selling pills/dealing drugs. They did not stop. They then disappeared.

The small number of outfit hits in the 2000s certainly seem extremely pro and buttoned up. No mistakes. No survellaince. The victim just disappears never to be heard from again. I'm thinking of Zizzo, Defillips, and Catalano primarily.

Perhaps they learned from and were trying to avoid the Chiaramonti mess in 2001.
DeFillipis was found murdered in his condo at Grand and Harlem. Catalano so far as I am aware has never been located.

You also have (potentially) the murders of Norberto Vélez, Jim Gerage, and Giacomo Ruggirello. In all three of these cases bodies were recovered of course.