James “Froggy” Galione

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: James “Froggy” Galione

Post by Philly d »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:49 pm Galione was eating in Little Italy when Mikey Scars and Trevor McDonald spun the block filming that documentary.
how do you know it was him?
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

People online froze the frame and identified him.

He said he saw someone he shouldn't see and got shook.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

i know what scars said but he could have been FOS.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Targenmantarian wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:10 am People online froze the frame and identified him.

He said he saw someone he shouldn't see and got shook.
Where online? Reddit?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

How would Scars even recognize more of a young street guy from another family all these years later? Especially that quickly...unless he had a connection with Galione that I don't know about.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:58 am Mike ''Flattop' DeRosa, Ronald 'Messy Marvin Moran, Robert 'Bobby Rags' Gorglione were in the crew
Billy Morrissey too
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
maatsetungi
Associate

Post by maatsetungi »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:39 pm How would Scars even recognize more of a young street guy from another family all these years later? Especially that quickly...unless he had a connection with Galione that I don't know about.
Exactly. Galione was on prison 1997-2015 so one could imagine he look different 2015 than 1997.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

My guess is scars was a Brooklyn guy and so is galione. They must have meet in the street in the 90tys maybe there families no each other. Isn't his father the guy john gotti sr and his crew murdered in a bar on staten island in the early 70tys and got arrested for
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I'm guessing all made guys know each other either by face or some type of interaction in the same boro
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:11 pm My guess is scars was a Brooklyn guy and so is galione. They must have meet in the street in the 90tys maybe there families no each other. Isn't his father the guy john gotti sr and his crew murdered in a bar on staten island in the early 70tys and got arrested for
Yeah Ralph Galione. Scars mentions it in the documentary with Trevor McDonald.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am He started out in the Peter Chioda Crew. Later on he wound up in the George Zappola-George Conte Crew. He was busted in 1996 with Conte. Later on he was busted again for running that crack ring.

Pogo
He went down for a murder or two in the crack case I believe. Which crew is he in now? No mention of him in the Pennisi case.? I remember Mikey Scars spotting him in Little Italy while driving thru.
BensonhurstGuy
Honorary Member

Post by BensonhurstGuy »

Frogs and Scars were both from Here Bensonhurst. Around Bath Ave. definitely woulda known each other.
Cristal518
Prospect

Post by Cristal518 »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:39 pm How would Scars even recognize more of a young street guy from another family all these years later? Especially that quickly...unless he had a connection with Galione that I don't know about.
Froggy’s father was Ralphie Wigs who was involved in the McBrattney murder with Gotti Sr. And Angelo Ruggiero. I’m sure all those guys knew him when he was little.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Yea Mikey scars initially referred to him as a “kid” and you can tell he thinks for a second and corrects himself and referred to him as a “young man” and shows him respect for doing a long bid.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Was Galione involved in anything besides taxing drug dealers?

I wonder if he's still involved in the drug business today. You would think that after that long sentence he would stay away from it.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."