Tony Corallo 20 years later

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

meat-ball
Associate

Re: Tony Corallo 20 years later

Post by meat-ball »

AnIrishGuy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 am
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:40 pm Casso was a great earner, since he was very close with Vic, he gave Vic the boss position & he took the UB position to avoid police scrutiny.
Is this not the line peddled in the Carlo book? That has to be the most sycophantic piece of literature I've ever read. Full of Casso being portrayed as a great, noble, intelligent leader. Give me a break, the guy is possibly the single most irredeemably horrendous person in the modern history of LCN.

Whilst I've no doubt the Capeci / D'Arco book glosses over plenty and has its own narrative, it's 1000% a more objective and truthful narrative of the Luccheses in the 80s.
This is correct. Capeci needs to be taken with a grain of salt (or two grains). Carlo wrote straight fiction. Gaspipe, and of course the ultimate snow job, Ice Man.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Casso like mostly all the powerful rats Luke's to honk his own horn. I doubt he was ever considered for boss. Hes not going from a soldier to boss in 1986. He rose fast once amuso made him capo of his old crew. Gotti made frank loc a capo when he became boss then acting underboss less then 1 yr later. I think amuso might have noticed that and maybe followed
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:23 am Casso like mostly all the powerful rats Luke's to honk his own horn.
Gaspipe doesn’t need to ‘honk his own horn’ when he was on the street in his prime he was the apex predator mafioso. You couldn’t buy a better reputation than he had with all the gold in Fort Knox. He was a mega earner and a stone cold killer and everyone knew it.