Frank DiMatteo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Slumpy
Straightened out

Re: Frank DiMatteo

Post by Slumpy »

hahaha! I am the moderator of /r/mafia, I had no idea who Frank was before the reddit admins came to me with the idea of the AMA. He sort of reminded me of that old gangsterbb poster/bullshitter "The Arm" in our brief interaction. But it did drive a bunch of traffic to the sub, so that's nice. I had to be pretty strict on how people engaged with Frank because the admins will cut us out of future AMA's if we let people shit all over their booked guests.

Now that I have a contact at reddit, I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for future AMA's? I'm sure we could lock in some of the usual suspects that do the internet interview rounds.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 am Next he'll be claiming he was going to be sent to New Orleans to revive the family and almost installed as the Boss
Someone asked him if New Orleans is still active and he said something like, “probably so!”... instead of just saying, “I have no fucking clue”.

I mean, he was an associate 40-50 years ago... so how would he know about what’s currently going on in 2020 in another city halfway across the country? I mean, Borrello was active like 5 years ago, and he seems to have no clue what’s going on five feet away in Brooklyn (thinking the Colombos are wiped out) and has a very Queens-centered view of the world.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Slumpy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 am hahaha! I am the moderator of /r/mafia, I had no idea who Frank was before the reddit admins came to me with the idea of the AMA. He sort of reminded me of that old gangsterbb poster/bullshitter "The Arm" in our brief interaction. But it did drive a bunch of traffic to the sub, so that's nice. I had to be pretty strict on how people engaged with Frank because the admins will cut us out of future AMA's if we let people shit all over their booked guests.

Now that I have a contact at reddit, I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for future AMA's? I'm sure we could lock in some of the usual suspects that do the internet interview rounds.
You’re doing good work Slump! If you really wanna drive traffic, go score an AMA with Mikey Franzese, or better yet, Junior Gotti.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

492 comments on the reddit, what the...?!
@Slumpy John Franzese jr.? His older brother's all over the place.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Franzese has done a few AMA's in the recent past, and they haven't gone well for him (people calling him out on his story about leaving the life), not sure if he'd come back for a fourth AMA. I will float the idea to the admins.

Junior Gotti would be a great get, and so would John Franzes jr, but isn't he in the WPP?
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

I'd really like to get Capeci or Raab in for an AMA, too.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Slumpy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm Franzese has done a few AMA's in the recent past, and they haven't gone well for him (people calling him out on his story about leaving the life), not sure if he'd come back for a fourth AMA. I will float the idea to the admins.

Junior Gotti would be a great get, and so would John Franzes jr, but isn't he in the WPP?
John Franzese Jr. just left WitSec to do a news piece with a local newspaper in his new home of Indianapolis. I THINK it’s Indianapolis.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:07 pm
Slumpy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm Franzese has done a few AMA's in the recent past, and they haven't gone well for him (people calling him out on his story about leaving the life), not sure if he'd come back for a fourth AMA. I will float the idea to the admins.

John Franzese Jr. just left WitSec to do a news piece with a local newspaper in his new home of Indianapolis. I THINK it’s Indianapolis.
Slumpy or Gohn, how deep in was Franzese? I thought he was just close to his father, and not much into mob stuff. I know that even his dad said he had a drug problem. Was he that involved?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

bert wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Slumpy or Gohn, how deep in was Franzese? I thought he was just close to his father, and not much into mob stuff. I know that even his dad said he had a drug problem. Was he that involved?
He was close enough to his dad's associates to do some serious damage during the 2000s. For a time in the 2000s, after he came back to NY after ratting out his dad the first time, Franzese Jr. tape-recorded his father, the then-underboss, his cousin Michael Catapano, then-acting captain, and soldier Frank Campione, among many others in his father's crew. His drug dealer was Orlando Spado, a Colombo/LA-based associate (Spado denies selling drugs, but he was convicted of such). I think he also borrowed like $30,000 from Catapano which Catapano wanted back after Franzese Jr. went into WitSec.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm
bert wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:37 pm

He was close enough to his dad's associates to do some serious damage during the 2000s. For a time in the 2000s, after he came back to NY after ratting out his dad the first time, Franzese Jr. tape-recorded his father, the then-underboss, his cousin Michael Catapano, then-acting captain, and soldier Frank Campione, among many others in his father's crew. His drug dealer was Orlando Spado, a Colombo/LA-based associate (Spado denies selling drugs, but he was convicted of such). I think he also borrowed like $30,000 from Catapano which Catapano wanted back after Franzese Jr. went into WitSec.
I had the impression that seems to be in line with what you say, of him being only close to his father and friends. Outside of that circle I wonder if he was accepted. Tolerated and treated nice I would understand due to his father.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

stubbs wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:36 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 am Next he'll be claiming he was going to be sent to New Orleans to revive the family and almost installed as the Boss
Someone asked him if New Orleans is still active and he said something like, “probably so!”... instead of just saying, “I have no fucking clue”.

I mean, he was an associate 40-50 years ago... so how would he know about what’s currently going on in 2020 in another city halfway across the country? I mean, Borrello was active like 5 years ago, and he seems to have no clue what’s going on five feet away in Brooklyn (thinking the Colombos are wiped out) and has a very Queens-centered view of the world.
I was being sarcastic , But in all fairness his name doesn't pop up anywhere ! No transcripts , No reports , No cases or indictments , No mention of him anywhere , Ever . You'd think if he played any role in the 2nd war or anything else he'd have a brief mention by someone somewhere but nothing
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

:lol: this guy claims his not real daddy had offers to get his button from the Lucheses and Bonnanos after the gallo crew got disbanded but turned them down but 10 years later become a made guy in the Decavalcante :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Theres no way a new Yorker in that life would turn down a NY family to become made in Jersey.He would of only excepted it if he knew there was no chance of ever becoming made in the NY families
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Such a goon liar and loser this guy
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Its embarrassing reading his stuff he claims his father was also going to be made with the genevese and when joey gallo died the crew begged him to be their leader but he told them it should be Larry.Its funny because the gallo gang has been covered extensively throughout the years and this guys dads name has NEVER come up in any fbi report or news article.Also not only was his father the most feared fighter but he was also respected by made guys and captains.He also say that Joey bodyguard pete was an asshole who didnt know anything that was going on in the gang :lol: :lol: Pete was with Joey 24/7 he was even with him in the final minute of his life,Pete and Joey were also best friends

My opinion of this guy is his father was a bartender who knew all these guys but was not involved with them in any significant way but Frank growing up all his friends dads were probably connected or made guys and he made this fantasy about his dad also being a wiseguy.The reason he hates pete so much is probably because he was rude to his father one time.Also his father must of been the greatest associate in mob history he had the Genevese, Bonnano,and luchese families trying to make him a member not only that but also the gallo crew begging him to be their leader and also the decavalcante
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

bluehouse wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:32 pm Its embarrassing reading his stuff he claims his father was also going to be made with the genevese and when joey gallo died the crew begged him to be their leader but he told them it should be Larry.

I guess his dad was going to summon Larry via Ouija board since Larry Gallo died several years before Crazy Joe was killed. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.