Tony Corallo 20 years later

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Tony Corallo 20 years later

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wow... so after looking at that.... look like the E HARLEM crew was more stronger capos... interesting...

And even after the crew split off into Bronx/Harlem crews eventually grubbs tribumanti ran Harlem so they stayed powerfull.

Ik ducks ran lotta garbage on long island too
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Ducks said in one of those Jaguar wiretaps that there was "no way this thing of ours lasts another 10 years". Seems like he tried to keep the family more Harlem/Bronx based but once things went bad with Luongo decided he could no longer stop the tide. Just gave it to Brooklyn and called it a career.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

There seemed a lot of candidates more qualified than vic who was the soldiers in his crew I stiil ain't got a clue defendis bobby?
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Corallo was a true rags to riches mob story. Look at this guy when he was younger. Imagine owing him money.

Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Casso was a great earner, since he was very close with Vic, he gave Vic the boss position & he took the UB position to avoid police scrutiny.
AnIrishGuy
Straightened out

Post by AnIrishGuy »

Shellackhead wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:40 pm Casso was a great earner, since he was very close with Vic, he gave Vic the boss position & he took the UB position to avoid police scrutiny.
Is this not the line peddled in the Carlo book? That has to be the most sycophantic piece of literature I've ever read. Full of Casso being portrayed as a great, noble, intelligent leader. Give me a break, the guy is possibly the single most irredeemably horrendous person in the modern history of LCN.

Whilst I've no doubt the Capeci / D'Arco book glosses over plenty and has its own narrative, it's 1000% a more objective and truthful narrative of the Luccheses in the 80s.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Casso didn't immediately take the UderBoss slot. It first went to Mariano "Mac" Macaluso. Casso didn't get it until 1989.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Was Casso ever a captain before he became underboss?

Also, do we know what his responsibilities were as Furnari's aide? Did he basically just report to Furnari the same way that a soldier would usually report to a captain?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Positive Neil magloire was amuso first consigliere but was indicted soon after in the concrete 2 indictment. All the guys in the building racket who wasn't indicted with the commission bosses
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Late 86 87. There ny times articles on it. One of the lesser known Rudy rico indictments of the 80tys. The guys all flipped it or won at trial
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe Migliore was the UnderBoss. Might have been when Corallo was still the Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

AnIrishGuy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 am
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:40 pm Casso was a great earner, since he was very close with Vic, he gave Vic the boss position & he took the UB position to avoid police scrutiny.
Is this not the line peddled in the Carlo book? That has to be the most sycophantic piece of literature I've ever read. Full of Casso being portrayed as a great, noble, intelligent leader. Give me a break, the guy is possibly the single most irredeemably horrendous person in the modern history of LCN.

Whilst I've no doubt the Capeci / D'Arco book glosses over plenty and has its own narrative, it's 1000% a more objective and truthful narrative of the Luccheses in the 80s.
I go by what I’ve read, my bad if what I typed was misleading/lie I have yet to read Capeci’s or Al D’Arco’s book but from what I’ve seen, he skipped over positions & that tells you that he had a lot of respect & power in a family.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:30 pm
AnIrishGuy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 am

I go by what I’ve read, my bad if what I typed was misleading/lie I have yet to read Capeci’s or Al D’Arco’s book but from what I’ve seen, he skipped over positions & that tells you that he had a lot of respect & power in a family.
He said the exact same crap about the capo position. That he was offered capo but gave it to Amuso.

I agree that it's all self serving bs.

And seeing the respect Amuso has still to this day kinda refutes the whole idea of casso being a nice guy and passing it to his friend.

Funny to cuz his book is titled CONFESSION OF A BOSS
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Relevant excerpts from Mob Boss:

Vic Amuso becomes boss
Al was released to a halfway house on October 22, 1986 [...] Before he was released from the MCC, he'd been reminded of all the special parole requirements that would govern his activities for the next decade. One of the trickiest was that he was not allowed to associate with known felons. He violated parole his first morning.
"I got to the stand and Vic Amuso is there waiting for me."
[...]
"We had a cup of coffee, and then Vic says, 'Let's take a walk.' And we start walking. First thing he tells me is that he's the new boss."
[...]
The new boss told Al that he had promoted his friend, Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso to run Christy Tick's old crew at the 19th Hole.
Casso's rise through the ranks
Casso had soared in the Luchese ranks. He was made captain of Christy Tick Furnari's crew when Amuso became boss. When a veteran mobster from the Harlem crew named Aniello "Neil" Migliore went to prison, Casso replaced him as consigliere. A few months later, Amuso named him as underboss.
Leadership of Casso's crew
A couple of weeks after [Paul] Vario's death, Al was summoned to Canarsie to see the boss.
[...]
"Vic tells me right away they are making me skipper of Paulie's crew." Amuso began laying out his instructions as captain when the basement stairs groaned. "I look up and there's a guy the size of a whale coming down."
The human whale wearing glasses under a mop of black hair, was Brooklyn gangster Pete Chiodo, who often tipped the scales at four hundred pounds. Despite his enormous girth, Chiodo had a reputation as a shrewd businessman. From what Al had heard, he had made both himself and his friend Gaspipe Casso wealthy with his construction companies.
Amuso announced that Chiodo was also being bumped up to captain, running the crew once headed by Christy Tick and later by Casso.
Mariano Macaluso
Another Bronx veteran, Mariano Macaluso, had been a member of the family for fifty years, growing wealthy from his own garment center holdings and other businesses. Macaluso had briefly served as acting consigliere for the family. But after Amuso took over, Macaluso, at age seventy, was summarily evicted from his post.
"They gave him a choice: retire or die. So he went."
I found this excerpt in Philip Carlo's Gaspipe book but it is directly quoting Casso's testimony before a US Senate Committee in May 1996:
In the early 1970s, I met Vic Amuso. Then, in 1974, I became a 'made' member of the Lucchese family. Vic was made around 1977. At that time, 'Tony Ducks' Corallo was the boss of our family. But, in 1986, Tony Ducks went to jail so he had to name a new boss. I became a 'capo' in 1986. After discussions within the family, Tony Ducks made Vic Amuso the boss at the end of 1986. At the end of 1987, Vic told me I was the new consiglieri. Then, in 1989, Vic named me the underboss of the family. After Vic was arrested in July 1991, I ran the Lucchese family as underboss while I was a fugitive.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Any info guys on who was in tony ducks crew when he was capo think tom mix was christie tick ?