General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Mob? Anyone with info

Post by Snakes »

cavita wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:03 pm What was Mandell's name originally before he changed it to Mandell?
I think it was "Manning"
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

Frank Cullotta has apparently died today.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:12 pm
cavita wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:03 pm What was Mandell's name originally before he changed it to Mandell?
I think it was "Manning"
Manning? Any connection to Pat Manno AKA Manning or his brothers?
Coloboy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:45 am
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am I think Rugirello was killed by Mandell. That’s what I heard. That would have been a grand Ave hit
The article below also incorrectly refers to Vena as the boss of Elmwood Park.
I think "boss of Elmwood Park" is probably accurate. If EP was folded into GA, then it follows that he's the boss of EP.
Last edited by Antiliar on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:14 pm
I think it was "Manning"
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am I think Rugirello was killed by Mandell. That’s what I heard. That would have been a grand Ave hit
I think "boss of Elmwood Park" is probably accurate. If EP was folded into GA, then it follows that he's the boss of EP.
I don't think he's related to the Mannos, as in their case I think Manning was just an alias. Mandell is Jewish (though maybe half Italian?).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:38 pm
I think it was "Manning"
I don't think he's related to the Mannos, as in their case I think Manning was just an alias. Mandell is Jewish (though maybe half Italian?).
I only asked because there were Italians in Rockford named Mandala that many changed their name to Mandell.
Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 am
Villain wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:13 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 am
Villain wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:32 am Speaking about wiretaps, heres few interesting "quotes" from Frank the German Schweihs....

The first one is about one street tax collector who Schweihs didn't like:

FRANK: "I think he's gonna open up a hotdog stand in Alaska."

The second one is regarding North Side member Mike Glitta who sent someone to shake down Schweihs' associate Red Wemette:

FRANK: "Now, if Mike sent this cocksucker, sent this cocksucker here to bother you, Mike's in some fucking serious trouble, Red! Cause he has no excuse, he knows better. He knows this fucking joint is spoke for. And I don't think he would be that stupid to try and step on my fucking pecker or the people I'm affiliated with. Do you understand?"

And in the last one, Schweihs reassures Red Wemette that he's safe from harm as long as Schweihs protects him:

FRANK: "No, you don't have to be afraid, you got my word on that. There ain't no one gonna fucking touch you unless they knock me down first, and I'm not an easy guy to knock down, Red. You're with us, you're with me and there ain't no one gonna fuck with you - case closed! You got my fucking solemn promise on that."
Didn't he go on to say about this Glitta guy "I hope the fuck he did send the guy! What do you think about that?" Lol was there beef between Glitta and the German?
Lol to tell you the truth i never researched the whole situation, but both the Grand Av crew (Lombardo, Schweihs) and the North Side mob (Solano, Glitta) operated on each others territories and so theres a great possibility that the beef really occurred, altough Glitta died of natural causes :)
Glitta may have thought he could move in on Wemette now that Lombardo was in prison and Louie Eboli was dead. Schweihs was also caught saying this on a recording so we may be able to chalk it up to the typical braggadocio that occurs in such situations, although Schweihs was a nut and a killer so he would have probably said to Glitta's face given the opportunity.
I agree that the German was "one man army" and i also agree that Glitta made that move during that same time period. What year did Glitta died, 88 or 89?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

cavita wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:39 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:38 pm
I think it was "Manning"
I only asked because there were Italians in Rockford named Mandala that many changed their name to Mandell.
Cavita, his real name was Steve Manning and he is Jewish. Supposedly he might have killed his father
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Villain wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:42 am
Villain wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:32 am Speaking about wiretaps, heres few interesting "quotes" from Frank the German Schweihs....

The second one is regarding North Side member Mike Glitta who sent someone to shake down Schweihs' associate Red Wemette:

FRANK: "Now, if Mike sent this cocksucker, sent this cocksucker here to bother you, Mike's in some fucking serious trouble, Red! Cause he has no excuse, he knows better. He knows this fucking joint is spoke for. And I don't think he would be that stupid to try and step on my fucking pecker or the people I'm affiliated with. Do you understand?"

And in the last one, Schweihs reassures Red Wemette that he's safe from harm as long as Schweihs protects him:

FRANK: "No, you don't have to be afraid, you got my word on that. There ain't no one gonna fucking touch you unless they knock me down first, and I'm not an easy guy to knock down, Red. You're with us, you're with me and there ain't no one gonna fuck with you - case closed! You got my fucking solemn promise on that."
Didn't he go on to say about this Glitta guy "I hope the fuck he did send the guy! What do you think about that?" Lol was there beef between Glitta and the German?
Lol to tell you the truth i never researched the whole situation, but both the Grand Av crew (Lombardo, Schweihs) and the North Side mob (Solano, Glitta) operated on each others territories and so theres a great possibility that the beef really occurred, altough Glitta died of natural causes :)
Glitta may have thought he could move in on Wemette now that Lombardo was in prison and Louie Eboli was dead. Schweihs was also caught saying this on a recording so we may be able to chalk it up to the typical braggadocio that occurs in such situations, although Schweihs was a nut and a killer so he would have probably said to Glitta's face given the opportunity.
I agree that the German was "one man army" and i also agree that Glitta made that move during that same time period. What year did Glitta died, 88 or 89?
Mikey Glitta died in 88.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks funk
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:10 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Maybe Scheiws told Glitta to do it to add validity to ghe shakedown. Like to see you need me if you dont someone else will come in here and ask for more/ bigger piece.
The only thing about that was Wemette already belonged to Grand Avenue and therefore to Schweihs. Remember Schweihs said "this is a declared fuckin' joint."
What else did he say lol “ I don’t care if al capones brother comes back reincarnated”
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pete wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Maybe Scheiws told Glitta to do it to add validity to ghe shakedown. Like to see you need me if you dont someone else will come in here and ask for more/ bigger piece.
The only thing about that was Wemette already belonged to Grand Avenue and therefore to Schweihs. Remember Schweihs said "this is a declared fuckin' joint."
What else did he say lol “ I don’t care if al capones brother comes back reincarnated”
Yep lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

I think it was "Manning"
As I’ve said for years I don’t think ep has existed for some time now maybe 20 years but antillar you would know when did mags say ep was defunct?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Yep lol.
Schweihs was. A scary dude and had free reign from the clown. Schweihs tried to run over a sherif or something that was trying to bust him
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, lol
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:46 pm

Yeah, lol
Also reminds of the Anthony nicodemo wiretap “ I don’t care who comes here, joe bilocchi? Did he mean billoti who was dead for years?” The guy from Chicago, John gotti son, tell them to come see me” lol