General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by TallGuy19 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:46 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:35 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:58 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:12 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:57 pm It might not be accurate to say he was the de facto leader of Anthony Scarpati’s crew. I’m sure Scarpati was respected by other made members in his crew, but Scarpa was kind of running his own crew within a crew.
The Wimpy Boys crew was made up of associates, wasn't it?
Mostly, but Scarpa’s son, Wimpy Boy Gregory Scarpa Jr., rose to the rank of acting captain for the crew after Scarpati’s imprisonment IIRC. Somebody correct me if I am wrong because my memory is foggy.
Has anyone ever done a Wimpy Boys chart?
Just spitballing here, I’d love to see a ‘91 Wimpy Boy’s chart compared to a 2020 recreation of it, because many of them rose to higher ranks within the family or took different paths altogether.
Are there indictments or FBI files that provide names of the main associates of the crew? Larry Mazza is the only one that I know of.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:45 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:46 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:35 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:58 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:12 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:57 pm It might not be accurate to say he was the de facto leader of Anthony Scarpati’s crew. I’m sure Scarpati was respected by other made members in his crew, but Scarpa was kind of running his own crew within a crew.
The Wimpy Boys crew was made up of associates, wasn't it?
Mostly, but Scarpa’s son, Wimpy Boy Gregory Scarpa Jr., rose to the rank of acting captain for the crew after Scarpati’s imprisonment IIRC. Somebody correct me if I am wrong because my memory is foggy.
Has anyone ever done a Wimpy Boys chart?
Just spitballing here, I’d love to see a ‘91 Wimpy Boy’s chart compared to a 2020 recreation of it, because many of them rose to higher ranks within the family or took different paths altogether.
Are there indictments or FBI files that provide names of the main associates of the crew? Larry Mazza is the only one that I know of.
Yes, the Gregory Scarpa Jr. drug-dealing indictment in 1987 featured most of his core crew members and the 1995 Scarpa Jr. indictment was like a spiritual successor to the ‘87 one, in which Joe Marra and Co. were charged with essentially continuing Scarpa Jr’s drug-dealing operation. I will try and recover a full docket of names from the indictment although you might be able to find it on a quick google search, not sure.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Re: boss material

Post by Ryan98366 »

Super wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 pm Who in your opinion guys would of been good bosses sonny red phil lucky sonny black wild bill sonny franzese jimmy brown frank deciccio patsty conte sammy black bobby manna tino the greek buddy luongo tumac paulie vario mike salerno thanks for any input.
A better GBB topic: Who would win in a tag team wrestling match:

John Gotti and Gaspipe Casso vs Joey Merlino and Paul Vario?
#Let’s Go Brandon!
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ryan98366 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 pm
Super wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 pm Who in your opinion guys would of been good bosses sonny red phil lucky sonny black wild bill sonny franzese jimmy brown frank deciccio patsty conte sammy black bobby manna tino the greek buddy luongo tumac paulie vario mike salerno thanks for any input.

Merlino would never tag team w castellano....
Flip around tho to Gotti and Merlino bs Casso/Castellano....

Gotti wins
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Gotti wins
Go post that one on BB and see the thread explode. They are bums.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Ryan98366 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:13 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Gotti wins
Go post that one on BB and see the thread explode. They are bums.
🤣🤣🤣
Dalesandro
Prospect

Post by Dalesandro »

JCB1977 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:18 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:Perry Criscitelli, a New York restaurant owner who is an alleged capo of the Bonanno crime family.
What's your source that Criscitelli is a capo please?
Testimony of Rich Cantarella confirming his attendance at Criscitelli'S induction ceremony. I said "alleged" because that is what is written in mafia wiki. We all know that it isn't always accurate, but never the less, a decent starting point. LE have confirmed he's a member and Cricitelli stepped down from the board for the San Gennaro Feast. He was unable to secure the electrical contract for the Feast, Bascisno was heard on tape talking about the Bonannos trying to get a piece of the electric. I'm not even close to being an expert on NY, but I do keep up with the news.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm Any bets which family loses the most buttons to Corovid 19?

Will the Westside have a higher or lower mortality rate than the Colombo’s?

Was Joseph Massino a savant in closing social clubs to minimize contagion of the disease?

Will the commission reform to rule on suspending the cheek kiss?

Will bootlegged Saline bags and N95 masks overtake gambling and loan as LCN’s new staples??

Stay tuned....

Go back to England. I have never found British people remotely funny.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ryan98366 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm Any bets which family loses the most buttons to Corovid 19?

Was Joseph Massino a savant in closing social clubs to minimize contagion of the disease?

Will bootlegged Saline bags and N95 masks overtake gambling and loan as LCN’s new staples??

Stay tuned....

Who the fuck are you again?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Nah, you can stay. We have people here who are way less funny than you.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:30 am
Ryan98366 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Stay tuned....

Who the fuck are you again?
Everyone in America. No one finds "you people" funny. Ricky Gervais....a little funny. We officially surrender to England. Please take back your fat effeminate comedian James Corden. We give up....he is the worst of them all.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

I read all 184 pages for the answer and did not find it. Lots of good intel though.

My question is:

When a mob family goes defunct (Kansas City, Cleveland, Milwaukee, etc.) do we have any intel of leadership planning for it or acknowledging it's "over?"

We have many confidential informants, cooperators and wire taps. Has there ever been a case of the failing mob family discussing the soon to be end of the family?

There had to be a point where they know they are not recruiting new members, the existing members are dying and old and they are down to 10 members. Chicago has to be dead in the next 10-15 years. Philly maybe has 10-15 too.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Ryan98366 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:03 pm I read all 184 pages for the answer and did not find it. Lots of good intel though.

My question is:

When a mob family goes defunct (Kansas City, Cleveland, Milwaukee, etc.) do we have any intel of leadership planning for it or acknowledging it's "over?"

We have many confidential informants, cooperators and wire taps. Has there ever been a case of the failing mob family discussing the soon to be end of the family?

There had to be a point where they know they are not recruiting new members, the existing members are dying and old and they are down to 10 members. Chicago has to be dead in the next 10-15 years. Philly maybe has 10-15 too.
I remember someone saying that when the Milwaukee family was down to around ten members they got together and voted to officially disband the family.

I think in most cases the family just becomes gradually less organized, with each member continuing to make money on their own—often through legitimate businesses—and occasionally partnering when it suits their needs.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 pm
Ryan98366 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:03 pm I read all 184 pages for the answer and did not find it. Lots of good intel though.

My question is:

I remember someone saying that when the Milwaukee family was down to around ten members they got together and voted to officially disband the family.

I think in most cases the family just becomes gradually less organized, with each member continuing to make money on their own—often through legitimate businesses—and occasionally partnering when it suits their needs.
That was Madison, not Milwaukee. In fact two of the Madison guys who still wanted to be in the life joined the Milwaukee outfit after that.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:56 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 pm

My question is:

That was Madison, not Milwaukee. In fact two of the Madison guys who still wanted to be in the life joined the Milwaukee outfit after that.
My bad, I get those two families confused.