Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Confederate »

The fact that a lot of these Street Bosses who were under the 4 Territory Bosses would see Giancana personally every month leads me to believe that they shared 25% with their own Territory Boss & 25% directly with Giancana. This would equal the 50% they sent upward IMO.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:54 pm The fact that a lot of these Street Bosses who were under the 4 Territory Bosses would see Giancana personally every month leads me to believe that they shared 25% with their own Territory Boss & 25% directly with Giancana. This would equal the 50% they sent upward IMO.
Most of the sources say that 25% or more went to their higher ups and district bosses and 50% went to the top admin (Giancana, Ricca and Accardo), altough i think that it depended on who was the boss at the time since guys like Giancana or Aiuppa were looked upon as very greedy guys. We also must not forget that almost every territorial boss used to own some type of half-open area, meaning bosses from different factions were allowed to operate but they had to share their profits with the territorial boss from that same area, their own territorial boss and also the current boss of the Outfit who gave the permit, and old man Giancana gave a lot of permits lol. This was a system created so everyone was able to make some additional cash, similar to the senior advisor system
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:04 pm
Confederate wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:54 pm The fact that a lot of these Street Bosses who were under the 4 Territory Bosses would see Giancana personally every month leads me to believe that they shared 25% with their own Territory Boss & 25% directly with Giancana. This would equal the 50% they sent upward IMO.
Most of the sources say that 25% or more went to their higher ups and district bosses and 50% went to the top admin (Giancana, Ricca and Accardo), altough i think that it depended on who was the boss at the time since guys like Giancana or Aiuppa were looked upon as very greedy guys. We also must not forget that almost every territorial boss used to own some type of half-open area, meaning bosses from different factions were allowed to operate but they had to share their profits with the territorial boss from that same area, their own territorial boss and also the current boss of the Outfit who gave the permit. This was a system created so everyone was able to make some additional cash, similar to the senior advisor system
Yes, there was was definitely some overlapping of Territories so everybody could make more money as long as it didn't directly interfere with another prominent guy already operating there. My point was that sometimes it was incorrectly perceived that some Street Bosses were direct with Giancana & not under a Territory Boss. For example, they have surveillance of Rocco Potenza meeting with Giancana. I don't think that means Potenza was direct with Giancana "bypassing" the Territory Boss. I think each Street Boss (Like Potenza) gave whatever share was agreed upon to the Territory Boss where they were operating & then also gave whatever share was agreed upon directly to Giancana. In other words, each Street Boss had two partners above him, (A Territory Boss & the Administration). This way Giancana would know what was going on & have as many guys close to him as possible. However, later on when he fell in love with Phyllis McGuire, he wasn't around as much and became more of an absent tee Boss which along with all the publicity caused resentment among a lot of the troops. Anyway, that's the way I perceived it.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am Thanks a 1000 times for all of the additional names Cavita and PolackTony and ill add them to the list, but you have to tell me which crews they belong to right?

@Polack, i already have one Tony Buttitta...any relations? Also do you have any good evidence that Nick wasnt related to the Roti clan? Dont get me wrong but many of their members from the past were never caught doing something illegal, except for being labeled in newspapers...

I also believe that Barbara and Daddono Jr are completely retired....what about that DiCaro fella? Any relations to the old DiCaros from the south side?
If he’s related it’s very distant. He grew up in mt Greenwood which is coptown south in Chicago. No outfit corruption with him. Roti is common italian name

Not sure if if Tony Buttita is related to Blackjack’s Buttita. I will have to go through that list and put there crews
Tony buttita and Anthony same person. And yes he ran blackjacks for his father the both did fed time. Tony’s father was Sammy farrugia found in the trunk of a car in 1980 if I’m not mistaken. Tony’s fathe Dominic was also busted in the blackjacks thing. His connections being through Sammy, his father in law, dominic hid out after sammys death until he knew he was ok. Dom is very close with Rudy fratto
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:58 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:42 pm I'm not convinced he wasn't.

Pogo
About Ferriola? :o :(

Yeah. Roemer said he had an informant in the meeting where Ferriola was named the new Boss and he consistently names him as the Boss during that period in his books. I also have a chart from 1987 that list Ferriola as the Boss. Nick Calabrese says he wasn't but is there anything else that backs him up on that? I haven't dug as deep as some of you guys but are there any files from that mid/late 80s period that disputes it?

Pogo

So you believe roemer knew who the boss was but a made member didn’t? I know some people can’t let this go but as villian stated there have been numerous people besides nick who said carlisi was the boss from 86 and handpicked by aiuppa. I’m not gonna get on my soapbox but this has been proven to death. I have all nicks testimony he laid out the entire boss succession up until he went away. I’ll have to look but positively it was aiuppa then carlisi, and I think difronzo then Johnny apes. I’ll check though. I already think the ferriola was boss thing is dead but one thing that surprised me was nick said he wasn’t even a capo which seems hard to believe based on his power. Interesting though when nick got made in 83 all the capos were there besides the clown who was in prison and ferriola wasn’t there in any capacity. I believe the Capos there was Angelo lapietra, Vince solano, difronzo, and I think pilotto for south suburbs. As I said I can check my records but I can’t understand taking an agents word over a member but I do also see some confusion as to ferriola not even being a capo. According to nick he wasn’t a capo but did have a crew, the wild bunch, which also doesn’t make sense having a crew when your not a capo
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 am
aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:55 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:20 am Great list guys, although Outfit does not have the same power as before until it has a lot of people involved, from what I read I thought it had a maximum of 40 members and associates.
Thanks man. If you ask me, there are between 10 and 15 active members and between 50 and 60 associates....
You said you believe history tends to repeat itself, do you believe that Outfit will be extinct and other gangs will take over as it did in the 1920s to 1930s?
The key to the Outfit continuing as an LCN Family depends on made guys. The age of all known members is just plain old. So unless there is members that are not identified they are in serious trouble. The Feds have them listed as viable. So I tend to think there is more to it, than what we know. Other gangs will always be around.
First thanks villian for putting our thoughts together. My point of doing this list and villian could disagree but my point was to show the most active guys are most likely associates and we are down to around 10 confirmed made active members. Of course it’s possible that some of these guys are made but we have no proof. This is why I say I think chicago could be going the way of Cleveland. All our confirmed members are ancient. My thoughts are most of the outfits current rackets are run by associates and I seriously wonder if they even make guys
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:55 pm
Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:45 pm What about Jackie cerone? What’s his deal
Who, the son? I don't think he is involved and he was never really mixed up in any heavy stuff. He was an attorney and went to all the funerals, set up meetings, things like that. I think he was one of the guys Fosco accused of trying to extort him. I also believe that DiFronzo gave him a piece of some stuff in the EP area but a lot of it seemed legitimate or mostly so.
Seems to me that Jackie Jr. warrants being possibly included at least as a connected guy if not an associate (not a wiseguy per se of course but one of the important connected semi/legit guys who enable or further Outfit interests).
Jackie JR was an unindicted co conspirator in the fratto case. It’s not a far leap to say he’s at least an associate
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Pete wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:22 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:55 pm
Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:45 pm What about Jackie cerone? What’s his deal
Who, the son? I don't think he is involved and he was never really mixed up in any heavy stuff. He was an attorney and went to all the funerals, set up meetings, things like that. I think he was one of the guys Fosco accused of trying to extort him. I also believe that DiFronzo gave him a piece of some stuff in the EP area but a lot of it seemed legitimate or mostly so.
Seems to me that Jackie Jr. warrants being possibly included at least as a connected guy if not an associate (not a wiseguy per se of course but one of the important connected semi/legit guys who enable or further Outfit interests).
Jackie JR was an unindicted co conspirator in the fratto case. It’s not a far leap to say he’s at least an associate
i would say he was a associate at least he was not sure about 2020
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pete wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:18 pm
Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 am
aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:55 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:20 am Great list guys, although Outfit does not have the same power as before until it has a lot of people involved, from what I read I thought it had a maximum of 40 members and associates.
Thanks man. If you ask me, there are between 10 and 15 active members and between 50 and 60 associates....
You said you believe history tends to repeat itself, do you believe that Outfit will be extinct and other gangs will take over as it did in the 1920s to 1930s?
The key to the Outfit continuing as an LCN Family depends on made guys. The age of all known members is just plain old. So unless there is members that are not identified they are in serious trouble. The Feds have them listed as viable. So I tend to think there is more to it, than what we know. Other gangs will always be around.
First thanks villian for putting our thoughts together. My point of doing this list and villian could disagree but my point was to show the most active guys are most likely associates and we are down to around 10 confirmed made active members. Of course it’s possible that some of these guys are made but we have no proof. This is why I say I think chicago could be going the way of Cleveland. All our confirmed members are ancient. My thoughts are most of the outfits current rackets are run by associates and I seriously wonder if they even make guys
I agree bud and btw...GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK! PLS STICK AROUND MORE OFTEN :mrgreen: 8-)
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Pogo

Yeah. Roemer said he had an informant in the meeting where Ferriola was named the new Boss and he consistently names him as the Boss during that period in his books. I also have a chart from 1987 that list Ferriola as the Boss. Nick Calabrese says he wasn't but is there anything else that backs him up on that? I haven't dug as deep as some of you guys but are there any files from that mid/late 80s period that disputes it?

Pogo

So you believe roemer knew who the boss was but a made member didn’t? I know some people can’t let this go but as villian stated there have been numerous people besides nick who said carlisi was the boss from 86 and handpicked by aiuppa. I’m not gonna get on my soapbox but this has been proven to death. I have all nicks testimony he laid out the entire boss succession up until he went away. I’ll have to look but positively it was aiuppa then carlisi, and I think difronzo then Johnny apes. I’ll check though. I already think the ferriola was boss thing is dead but one thing that surprised me was nick said he wasn’t even a capo which seems hard to believe based on his power. Interesting though when nick got made in 83 all the capos were there besides the clown who was in prison and ferriola wasn’t there in any capacity. I believe the Capos there was Angelo lapietra, Vince solano, difronzo, and I think pilotto for south suburbs. As I said I can check my records but I can’t understand taking an agents word over a member but I do also see some confusion as to ferriola not even being a capo. According to nick he wasn’t a capo but did have a crew, the wild bunch, which also doesn’t make sense having a crew when your not a capo
It was Palermo who repped the Heights
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

There were/are similar rumors that Cerone was in fact the real boss but the problem was Mr Cerone used to drink at least one bottle of hard liquor on daily basis, same as his personal assistant at the time Willie Messino....both of them were respected because of what they USED to be and Cerone was obviously up there because of Accardo, not Aiuppa....Cerone and his cousin Skippy had the skills to drink the whole Atlantic ocean...

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Dont know if true, but I remember Fosco saying that Aiuppa wanted to kill Cerone when they got out of prison. Cerone died shortly after his release though. Fosco said now that Accardo was dead Aiuppa was going to have him wacked. I guess its possible Fosco could have got that info from Willie Messina or Mike Mags.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pete wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Pogo

Pogo

It is not one agent. That was the position of the FBI at the time. As I mentioned I have a chart from 1987 that lists Ferriola as the Boss. This was before Roemer wrote his books. Roemer said they had an informant in the meeting where Ferriola was named the new Boss. Did this meeting not happen? Did he simply fabricate the entire thing and if so for what purpose?

That is why I'm asking if anyone has any files after this period where the FBI reverses its stance on Ferriola.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

FBI reversed its stance in several files by saying Carlisi succeeded Aiuppa. I don't think they ever went back and said outright that they were wrong about Ferriola they just adjusted their Intel and went with Carlisi after a time.

The Roemer thing is a bit more puzzling because he wasn't even living in Chicago at the time and had been retired from the FBI for several years so I'm not sure how he could have a CI at the meeting.

I wouldn't have put it beyond Roemer to fabricate dialogue because what he put in the book sounds even phonier than what people rip Scott B for using. Also, he had Al Pilotto listed as bring at the meeting when he had been in prison for several years at that point.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Also wasnt Ferriola picked up on wire saying somthing to the fact as I guess im boss of this mob or Outfit.Then a year or more later he was picked up on wire saying Im not the boss Carlisi is. Since Nick Calabrese stated Carlisi succeeded Aiuppa and later I found out Patrick said Carlisi was boss, Ive just gone by the Carlisi and DiFronzo succeeded Aiuppa and Cerone. But the Roemer informant and meeting has always confused things. Was it a genuine mistake or a lie?? Or was he boss for a very short time?