Cleveland Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Cleveland Crime Family

Post by B. »

UTC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 pm
NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:07 pm I’m calling it, the next claim will be Birmingham is alive and well. This guy is relentless.
I guess everyone fell for that request to disband ruse.
What's funny is recently I was looking up some FBI files related to the La Stella meeting in 1966 and apparently phone calls were made by Joseph Marcello to a couple of numbers in Birmingham around the time of the meeting:

It turns out there was a 105-year-old Birmingham member still alive. Thankfully we know he was re-assigned to the Lucchese family in the 1930s, so he wasn't boss of a one-man Birmingham family in 1966. We don't have to have that debate, thank God.

Joe Marcello called him and said, "Hey old man, I'm going to meet with New York... I SAID... I'M GOING. TO MEET. WITH. NEW YORK. Is there anything you want... ahhh... IS THERE. ANYTHING. YOU WANT. ME. TO TELL. THEM?"

The old man in Birmingham replied, "Ehhh... New Orleans is making new people, you say? Tell New York so is Birmingham. Three Finger Brown can go look for that lost finger up his ass. We're a family again."

Some sources say they're still active today.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:06 pm
UTC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:50 pm I know what you're saying, Patrick, and I don't pretend to know, but as a practical matter the phraseology used is consistent with saying they're not involved with LCN.
Your right, it sure sounds like that. If they didn’t have documented LCN members/associates in this indictment like Saladino and Frisella then I would even say it was not connected. Bc I will be honest. The younger guys in the indictment, I never heard of them. Rockford has always been a mystery, I think even to the feds. I really don’t think they took them seriously and that is why they have thrived for so long with hardly any indictments. The FBI has barely talked about them. I think it has more to do with there being bigger fish to fry in Chicago, which is only 90 miles away.
frank Saladino he’s on wiretap Talking with the bookies , even after he was dead , the defendents were denying he any involvement in the bookmaking operation
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:42 am
UTC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:50 pm I know what you're saying, Patrick, and I don't pretend to know, but as a practical matter the phraseology used is consistent with saying they're not involved with LCN.
Your right, it sure sounds like that. If they didn’t have documented LCN members/associates in this indictment like Saladino and Frisella then I would even say it was not connected. Bc I will be honest. The younger guys in the indictment, I never heard of them. Rockford has always been a mystery, I think even to the feds. I really don’t think they took them seriously and that is why they have thrived for so long with hardly any indictments. The FBI has barely talked about them. I think it has more to do with there being bigger fish to fry in Chicago, which is only 90 miles away.
frank Saladino he’s on wiretap Talking with the bookies , even after he was dead , the defendents were denying he any involvement in the bookmaking operation
His cousin Joe Saladino was the one that got indicted with the gambling ring. He was in jail at the time of the indictment on a gun charge
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 am
His cousin Joe Saladino was the one that got indicted with the gambling ring. He was in jail at the time of the indictment on a gun charge
The newspapers had been saying Frank and Joe were cousins going back to the 1960s when they were both charged with rape, but there is no relation between them. A reporter I was talking to gave me a copy of a letter sent to him in 2005 from a retired sheriff's deputy. This deputy was trying to expose corruption within law enforcement in Rockford and noted that Joe was a "field lieutenant" with the mob. This is how he termed it and to me that equates to a capo position.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Well frank is on the phone taps talking about the gambling business . He wasn’t charged
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:53 am

Well frank is on the phone taps talking about the gambling business . He wasn’t charged
He was charged in the family secrets trial. If he didn’t die there was a good chance that the gambling indictment would have been tried with the family secrets guys
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Stroccos you're talking about Gumba right?
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

cavita wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:41 am

Yeah Even though he was dead the guys were trying to distance themselves maybe to have no mob connection to their sentencing
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 am

Yeah Even though he was dead the guys were trying to distance themselves maybe to have no mob connection to their sentencing
Interesting. Those phone taps probably go in line with an FBI report I have where agents approached him in 2003 with some phone numbers he had called or had called him, and agents asked him specifically about gambling in Rockford. Saladino replied that "gambling is nothing" and if they had any further to say to speak to his attorney.
Do you have transcripts of these taps or was it just referenced?
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

cavita wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:23 am
Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 am

Interesting. Those phone taps probably go in line with an FBI report I have where agents approached him in 2003 with some phone numbers he had called or had called him, and agents asked him specifically about gambling in Rockford. Saladino replied that "gambling is nothing" and if they had any further to say to speak to his attorney.
Do you have transcripts of these taps or was it just referenced?
No it was just mentioned
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

B. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:14 pm
UTC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 pm
NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:07 pm I’m calling it, the next claim will be Birmingham is alive and well. This guy is relentless.
I guess everyone fell for that request to disband ruse.
What's funny is recently I was looking up some FBI files related to the La Stella meeting in 1966 and apparently phone calls were made by Joseph Marcello to a couple of numbers in Birmingham around the time of the meeting:

It turns out there was a 105-year-old Birmingham member still alive. Thankfully we know he was re-assigned to the Lucchese family in the 1930s, so he wasn't boss of a one-man Birmingham family in 1966. We don't have to have that debate, thank God.

Joe Marcello called him and said, "Hey old man, I'm going to meet with New York... I SAID... I'M GOING. TO MEET. WITH. NEW YORK. Is there anything you want... ahhh... IS THERE. ANYTHING. YOU WANT. ME. TO TELL. THEM?"

The old man in Birmingham replied, "Ehhh... New Orleans is making new people, you say? Tell New York so is Birmingham. Three Finger Brown can go look for that lost finger up his ass. We're a family again."

Some sources say they're still active today.
Excellent tidbit. Thanks
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pmDo you think there anything wrong with your life that for the past 20 years you have been on forums arguing about which families are active? And no, I was not a part of those forums but to hear you and the clown say that is entertaining. Your a broken record. You talk about indictments and you had multiple indictments in Buffalo in the last 3 years and you still deny it. I have never been to Buffalo and I know absolutely nothing about Buffalo but the limited articles from indictments and experts that I have read and the UNDERBOSS stating they are still active gives no doubt that they are active. But guess since for the past 20 years (pathetic life) you have been arguing it you mine as well keep the course instead of being a man and admitting your wrong. Rockford you have not layed out any facts or fbi reports, since that is the only thing that you cite Bc you know absolutely NOTHING about Rockford except that is a small city that nobody knows about.
ad-hominem_orig.jpg
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:06 pmYour right, it sure sounds like that. If they didn’t have documented LCN members/associates in this indictment like Saladino and Frisella then I would even say it was not connected. Bc I will be honest. The younger guys in the indictment, I never heard of them. Rockford has always been a mystery, I think even to the feds. I really don’t think they took them seriously and that is why they have thrived for so long with hardly any indictments. The FBI has barely talked about them. I think it has more to do with there being bigger fish to fry in Chicago, which is only 90 miles away.
When was the last time the FBI mentioned most of the formerly 24 families in the country? With many it's been years, if not decades, since the feds had any reason to say anything about them. Rockford died from the #1 killer of mob families - attrition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:48 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pmDo you think there anything wrong with your life that for the past 20 years you have been on forums arguing about which families are active? And no, I was not a part of those forums but to hear you and the clown say that is entertaining. Your a broken record. You talk about indictments and you had multiple indictments in Buffalo in the last 3 years and you still deny it. I have never been to Buffalo and I know absolutely nothing about Buffalo but the limited articles from indictments and experts that I have read and the UNDERBOSS stating they are still active gives no doubt that they are active. But guess since for the past 20 years (pathetic life) you have been arguing it you mine as well keep the course instead of being a man and admitting your wrong. Rockford you have not layed out any facts or fbi reports, since that is the only thing that you cite Bc you know absolutely NOTHING about Rockford except that is a small city that nobody knows about.
ad-hominem_orig.jpg

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:06 pmYour right, it sure sounds like that. If they didn’t have documented LCN members/associates in this indictment like Saladino and Frisella then I would even say it was not connected. Bc I will be honest. The younger guys in the indictment, I never heard of them. Rockford has always been a mystery, I think even to the feds. I really don’t think they took them seriously and that is why they have thrived for so long with hardly any indictments. The FBI has barely talked about them. I think it has more to do with there being bigger fish to fry in Chicago, which is only 90 miles away.
When was the last time the FBI mentioned most of the formerly 24 families in the country? With many it's been years, if not decades, since the feds had any reason to say anything about them. Rockford died from the #1 killer of mob families - attrition.
I don’t know if Rockford was ever mentioned as one of the 24 families. The feds and other law enforcement seemed to have a difficult time of distinguishing them from being their own family or being part of the Outfit.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Pretty easy to find out if the mob exists in any particular location, or who the mob is there. Just start a sports book.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:12 pmI don’t know if Rockford was ever mentioned as one of the 24 families. The feds and other law enforcement seemed to have a difficult time of distinguishing them from being their own family or being part of the Outfit.
It was but you have to go back 40 years to find it.

1980 FBI List

Boston-Providence
Buffalo
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Los Angeles
New York (5)
New Orleans
Philadelphia
San Francisco
San Jose