Boss of Gambino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Boss of Gambino

Post by JohnnyS »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:26 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:52 am
TommyGambino wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:40 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:02 pm Reading back on the Paradiso article, it's interesting Capeci says Paradiso is part of the triumvirate that runs the family. I never paid attention to that but now it's caught my eye and got me thinking that Mannino and Cefalu are both acting boss with Paradiso as the third man on the panel. Could also explain why Mannino has kept his captain position and why Lanni was only identified as an acting captain.
Think everyone was shocked when capeci said paradise was consig, wouldn't surprise me if he's the one relaying orders to the captains from cefalu or mannino and I bet he's first to get indicted lol

Mannino probably wants to keep the 18th Ave crew because of the money? They've got a shit load of mach9nes all over Bensonhurst right
He's a notorious hothead and was caught up in a weed case only a few years ago. A surprise in that regard but I guess Cefalu really trusts him because he's a lifer no worry of him ever ratting and I think it was B. that posted on here that Paradiso might have been unofficially assisting the admin when D'Amico and Cefalu were at the top. He was spotted at meetings so was Cali iirc.

Campos was meeting with high ranking members in Staten Island after Cali's murder, I bet Paradiso was there probably when LE confirmed he was admin and where Capeci got the info from.
Paradisio smacked Gotti, correct?
He did. He was behind the attempt to wack Casso too then Gotti put a contract on his head, feds learned about it and had Paradiso's bail revoked.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Also - the windows scam alone netted Peter Gotti TONS of money. Over million a year....
So he wasn't small time...
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:41 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:02 pm Reading back on the Paradiso article, it's interesting Capeci says Paradiso is part of the triumvirate that runs the family. I never paid attention to that but now it's caught my eye and got me thinking that Mannino and Cefalu are both acting boss with Paradiso as the third man on the panel. Could also explain why Mannino has kept his captain position and why Lanni was only identified as an acting captain.
Think everyone was shocked when capeci said paradise was consig, wouldn't surprise me if he's the one relaying orders to the captains from cefalu or mannino and I bet he's first to get indicted lol

Mannino probably wants to keep the 18th Ave crew because of the money? They've got a shit load of mach9nes all over Bensonhurst right
He's a notorious hothead and was caught up in a weed case only a few years ago. A surprise in that regard but I guess Cefalu really trusts him because he's a lifer no worry of him ever ratting and I think it was B. that posted on here that Paradiso might have been unofficially assisting the admin when D'Amico and Cefalu were at the top. He was spotted at meetings so was Cali iirc.

Campos was meeting with high ranking members in Staten Island after Cali's murder, I bet Paradiso was there probably when LE confirmed he was admin and where Capeci got the info from.
He did. He was behind the attempt to wack Casso too then Gotti put a contract on his head, feds learned about it and had Paradiso's bail revoked.
That's right!!!
Him and Ruggiero. So... Quack quack ultimatly was shelved. .
Why wasn't paradisio??
And why was he involved in the hit?? He didn't like Gotti I thought?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:47 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:41 pm

That's right!!!
Him and Ruggiero. So... Quack quack ultimatly was shelved. .
Why wasn't paradisio??
And why was he involved in the hit?? He didn't like Gotti I thought?
because Gotti originally intended to kill him. Paradiso went to prison before they could carry it out and then Casso flipped so everything was forgotten about by the time Paradiso got out in the late 90s. Im not sure on his beef with Gotti he punched Gotti when they were younger. From everything I've read on the guy he's a fucking cowboy lol for example he brought two guns to a meeting with acting boss D'Amico.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Has anyone heard a reason behind promotion??
I almost feel like he's the token almost.
Just like violent vernace.... They end up just doing violence and weeding emself out
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:41 am
Rocco wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:29 am They have slapped the title on Peter for LE deflection purposes. But Peter hasn't had a say in the Gambino family in many yrs. The real boss of the Gambino family is on the street. How many respected Official Bosses in prison are piss poor broke? That guys on the street robbed while he was inside? Peter was and still in a joke within the Gambino family.
Totally agree ,who is that real boss right now
Tony Danza !
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

Are the Gambinos heavily governed by the sicilians now?
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Is D’Amico just a Captain now? Is Sammy Bulls old crew still one crew?
What is the number of crews that is known right now around 10-16?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Frank wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:57 pm Correct me if Im wrong but dont alot of guys pay lip service to le and judges, basically denouncing the life to get lighter sentances or to get out early. I dont see where Gotti is any different.
^^^^^

Happened a million times before, I too am shocked as to why it’s somehow a big deal when Peter did it. For example, Genovese skipper Rooster Onofrio’s defence at sentencing was essentially “I was a mobster, but I’m retired now, what you heard on the tapes were just an old man reminiscing.”

There was a small debate over this when the news first dropped, and I believe a big part of it is that Mikey Scars DiLeonardo himself backed Jerry Capeci’s theory that Peter Gotti would be shelved/demoted. Maybe some of Jerry’s LE sources also backed it too, I can’t remember offhand.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 pm Is D’Amico just a Captain now? Is Sammy Bulls old crew still one crew?
I think D'amico is just a soldier now, Gravano's crew is ran by Louis Devito? I'm sure he took over from Vollario and they have around 20 crews.
Jimmy Napoli
Straightened out

Post by Jimmy Napoli »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 pm Is D’Amico just a Captain now? Is Sammy Bulls old crew still one crew?
I think D'amico is just a soldier now, Gravano's crew is ran by Louis Devito? I'm sure he took over from Vollario and they have around 20 crews.
D'Amico is semiretired rn,have some money on street,just for living.He is more like advice guy for administration.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

One factor is probably how respected someone is to begin with. DiLeonardo has repeatedly stated since he cooperated that Gotti was not respected within the family, so I imagine people who already had a low opinion of Gotti could use this as a political opportunity. If a more respected leader denounced the life for a lighter sentence people might overlook it. Most plea deals break "omerta" one way or another which is why John Gotti opposed them.

We can see what happened even to Carmine Persico following his self-representation in the Commission trial and communication with the media. That was one of the main excuses used to back Orena as the new boss. Persico still had respect / influence with his faction though and we know what happened from there.

It does make me curious if the old Gotti faction benefits from having Pete Gotti as official boss. There must be some people in the organization who prefer having Gotti in the position even if Gotti himself has little influence.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

B. wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:12 pm It does make me curious if the old Gotti faction benefits from having Pete Gotti as official boss. There must be some people in the organization who prefer having Gotti in the position even if Gotti himself has little influence.
You'd think he would have a larger following in Howard Beach especially, but perhaps all of his family's media antics and their departure from the life might have ruined that, especially since mobsters themselves have been caught on tape acknowledging that John Gotti would be rolling over in his grave over what his family ended up doing.

Regarding reality TV show "Growing Up Gotti," Colombo soldier Ralph Scopo Jr. said in Christmas of 2004 that he was "so embarrassed," for his late friend John Gotti's family, he said he couldn't talk about it. "It's one of the most disgusting, insulting shows" on television, said John Yannucci, the longtime right-hand-man of Genovese captain Ciro Perrone in the same conversation, according to a report about the discussion written by FBI agent John Penza.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Jimmy Napoli wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:02 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 am
D'Amico is semiretired rn,have some money on street,just for living.He is more like advice guy for administration.
Why the fuck would they need advice from damico, sounds like youve made that up
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

B. wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:12 pm One factor is probably how respected someone is to begin with. DiLeonardo has repeatedly stated since he cooperated that Gotti was not respected within the family, so I imagine people who already had a low opinion of Gotti could use this as a political opportunity. If a more respected leader denounced the life for a lighter sentence people might overlook it. Most plea deals break "omerta" one way or another which is why John Gotti opposed them.

We can see what happened even to Carmine Persico following his self-representation in the Commission trial and communication with the media. That was one of the main excuses used to back Orena as the new boss. Persico still had respect / influence with his faction though and we know what happened from there.

It does make me curious if the old Gotti faction benefits from having Pete Gotti as official boss. There must be some people in the organization who prefer having Gotti in the position even if Gotti himself has little influence.
On the last part, the Gurino brothers were very close to the gottis and both ended up captains in the last decade under the sicilian and Anthony was in control of construction and one of the top guys, bet that had nothing to do with Peter gotti though, I remember capeci I saying he was close to the sicilian a while back