Cleveland Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Cleveland Crime Family

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:24 pm Good info, re: Agnello. Maybe Pogo knows the specifics if they've ever been publicly confirmed, but the perception is that Agnello lost standing in the Gambino family years back based on what his ex-wife and sons did on TV, his brother-in-law's falling out with the organization, and Agnello's own issues. Still, he's a made member of the Gambino family so the Gambino family would had to have known he moved to Cleveland and either approved or didn't care.

So Cleveland underworld figures were in the loop on Agnello moving there and he was friendly with them. Sounds like it was more of a social connection though would be interesting to know if they gave an kind of "formal" nod.

Michael "Guido" Joyce was a Gambino member in Cleveland before Agnello moved there.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 pm
B. wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:24 pm Good info, re: Agnello. Maybe Pogo knows the specifics if they've ever been publicly confirmed, but the perception is that Agnello lost standing in the Gambino family years back based on what his ex-wife and sons did on TV, his brother-in-law's falling out with the organization, and Agnello's own issues. Still, he's a made member of the Gambino family so the Gambino family would had to have known he moved to Cleveland and either approved or didn't care.

So Cleveland underworld figures were in the loop on Agnello moving there and he was friendly with them. Sounds like it was more of a social connection though would be interesting to know if they gave an kind of "formal" nod.

Michael "Guido" Joyce was a Gambino member in Cleveland before Agnello moved there.

Pogo
Lol pogo guido was made in a fbi undercover sting , they faked the cermoney and indicted him into the Gambinos
Rip guido
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

No doubt a coincidence, but it's kind of weird how it's always been the Gambino family with ties to Cleveland over the last century.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Pogo
Lol pogo guido was made in a fbi undercover sting , they faked the cermoney and indicted him into the Gambinos
Rip guido
Didn't they even make a black guy?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

My post was tongue in cheek. :mrgreen: As Stroccos said Joyce was a corrupt CO in Cleveland who was busted by the Feds. Some undercover Feds posed as Gambino members from NY and they held a "Mafia initiation" for him. :lol: The video of the "ceremony" was shown on some crime show like 20 years ago. The Feds dressed and talked like they were right out of a bad B-movie and you can see the idiot Joyce kneeling in front of some burning candles as he takes the Mafia oath. It was classic.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Hey, at least they followed protocol.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Pogo
Rip guido

No I think your referring to , was the two black guys I. Youngstown that Lenny Strollo used to kill Ernie b, They wanted to become The first black made guys
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:28 pm My post was tongue in cheek. :mrgreen: As Stroccos said Joyce was a corrupt CO in Cleveland who was busted by the Feds. Some undercover Feds posed as Gambino members from NY and they held a "Mafia initiation" for him. :lol: The video of the "ceremony" was shown on some crime show like 20 years ago. The Feds dressed and talked like they were right out of a bad B-movie and you can see the idiot Joyce kneeling in front of some burning candles as he takes the Mafia oath. It was classic.

Pogo
I never seen that. :D

Here's an article about it: http://americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_16.html
Stroccos wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:46 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Pogo
Rip guido

No I think your referring to , was the two black guys I. Youngstown that Lenny Strollo used to kill Ernie b, They wanted to become The first black made guys
Damn, I could have sworn I remember reading that. My mind is playing tricks on me I guess.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo and Wiseguy among a few others, when I see their names I always read what they say. When I first came to the forum Wiseguy set me straight on a few things. Like the Feds and Capeci. One of the discussions at the time was Lombardo - Tieri. Now I do believe Lombardo was the real boss of the Genoveses in that time period. So I just wanted to state that.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

The 10 paragraph "history" lessons on protocol & the way the American LCN worked with examples from the 40's through the 80's doesn't mean that's the way it works in the year 2020. In The last 30 years the American LCN has changed dramatically along with America changing dramatically. They go hand in hand. 2020 is not 1975. Something called the RICO Act & ethnic demographics have changed a lot of the way things "used to happen". That's the one thing a couple of you guys never "factor" into the equation. The more America moves away from the the way it used to be, the more the American LCN moves away from how it used to be.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

B. wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:38 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 pm There are two individuals according from two separate sources who are LA members but I'll let B. explain it, it's not my information and I already muddled it. Sorry for the confusion.
Allegedly Tony Gambino (brother of Tommy, son of Rosario) is a made member who lives (part time?) in Los Angeles. I have no idea if he is formally part of the Los Angeles family like his brother, only that he is alleged to be a made member. You can ask Michael DiLeonardo about this when you speak to him again and maybe if Felice sees this he can also weigh in, as he is familiar with Tony Gambino.

The other reference we talked about is murdered Canadian figure Albert Iavarone, who was reported by a Canadian journalist (via a 2017 source in Canadian LE) to have been straightened out in Los Angeles, which upset Buffalo boss Joe Todaro because he was not informed of Iavarone's membership status in LA:

https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2020 ... -home.html

Beyond those possible examples, I have nothing else to add. It's possible Los Angeles can still be used to issue "union cards" which are recognized by other groups, though it's difficult to imagine much of a "crime family" existing in LA in recent years. However, as mentioned earlier, Tommy Gambino's father and relatives in Sicily and NYC were arrested last year so he is part of a network that is alive and well, plus Sciacca boss Accursio Dimino was recently recorded talking about putting Sicilian mafia slot machines in California. The mafia doesn't typically make "cold calls", so we can assume Dimino has contacts in California and Tommy Gambino would be a strong candidate given who his relatives are.
Do you have a copy of the article that you can share? The Hamilton Spectator has a paywall.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I clicked view source:
"Albert was a real estate agent and entrepreneur. He was known to police before his death because of associations with people involved in traditional organized crime. He did not have a criminal record."

"The Iavarones were thought to be allies of the Musitano crime family in the 1990s, but by the time of Albert's murder they were not. The Iavarone name comes up several times in the transcript of wiretap conversations recorded by police in Project Otremens. The RCMP-led, joint forces investigation led to the imprisonment of Joey and Dom Violi for fentanyl trafficking and included a high-level turncoat who recorded conversations as a paid police agent. The brothers pleaded guilty, so the information in the court documents was never tested in court."

"On June 30, 2017 the police agent talks about A Iavarone (believed to be Albert) being "straightened out" with an L.A. Family and that Joe Todaro was mad about not being told this. Being "straightened out" is a term used when a man is initiated as "made" Mafia member."
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesp ... =195082890
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Thanks. That worked.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:54 pm Thanks. That worked.
Wording is strange. "An LA Family." It came out in 2017 that Todaro of Buffalo was upset about not being informed. Makes it sound recent, not like something that occurred a decade ago.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:01 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:54 pm Thanks. That worked.
Wording is strange. "An LA Family." It came out in 2017 that Todaro of Buffalo was upset about not being informed. Makes it sound recent, not like something that occurred a decade ago.
Not sure what "LA family" they're talking about but it sure as hell wasn't the Los Angeles LCN family. Take that report with an aircraft carrier full of salt.
All roads lead to New York.