Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Coloboy
Straightened out

Re: Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Post by Coloboy »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:31 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:23 pm
Coloboy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:43 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:59 pm
Confederate wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:16 pm
Antiliar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:52 pm I also believe DiFronzo succeeded Joe Gags as capo of EP. Cerone replaced Battaglia as acting boss then went to prison, then Ricca and Accardo took more active roles. After Aiuppa was released he became the day-to-acting boss under Accardo, since Ricca's health declined and died in 1972. Alex was the third member of the triumvirate, along with Chuck Nicoletti working closely with Aiuppa. Once Cerone came out he became the Outfit underboss. DiFronzo remained the EP capo until he was promoted to underboss when Aiuppa went back to prison and he officially stepped down as boss for Sam Carlisi. Lee Mags replaced him, followed by Joe Andriacchi. At some point while Andriacchi was capo he tried to shut down EP.
Spot on analysis. In addition, "somebody" had to run Elmwood Park when Cerone & Messino were in Jail & Gagliano had died. There's no question that it was DiFronzo. The only reason DiFronzo & Carlisi "seemed" possibly a little less important than Lombardo or Pilotto or Solano was because they were a little over shadowed by Cerone & Auippa since those two Crews were the power bases of Cerone & Auippa & when push came to shove, those two represented them. However, that being said, look who became the #1 & #2 in the mid 80's. It was none other than Carlisi & DiFronzo.

The "original" disagreement in this thread was when that other poster said that Lombardo was "way above DiFronzo" before he went to Jail in the mid 80's". Completely disagree with that exaggerated statement 100%. Lombardo & DiFronzo were on a very complimentary horizontal level in the mid 80's. Lombardo a little more because of the Teamsters & DiFronzo a little more because he was the eventual #2 & a great earner. Pretty even.
I’m still waiting on your official reports that states Difronzo became a capo in 1970 and that he was close to Lombardo. I mean your all about official FBI reports so I would love to see them.
Lombardo and Difronzo were indicted for running a loansharking ring together in 1961, a charge which they both beat by beating the shit out of a witness. There is literally mug shots of them side by side in the paper. Google it. Pretty sure they were fairly close early on.
They both grew up in the Grand Ave Patch in the same age cohort. As a teen DiFronzo lived on the same block as Jimmy Legs D'Antonio (Erie & Wolcott) who was close with Lombardo since they were kids, so these guys all knew each other from way back.

This reminds me, I have a pic of DiFronzo from the Wells HS yearbook. I'll post it sometime.
I’m Not claiming they didn’t know each other but saying they were very close is another thing. Now D’Antonio and Lombardo were close. They were always around each other. DiFronzo I would like to know where the source was bc I heard the opposite
Agreed on this. My guess is Difronzo/Lombardo were fairly close as younger fellas, but for obvious reasons didn't personally interact much in later years. Could you imagine? The two of them catching a movie together? Maybe playing some mini golf? Chuck Goudie from channel 7 would have been in heaven!
Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Fosco's Mafia Report: DiFronzo and Outfit schism

Post by Villain »

Monteleone also knew both DiFronzo and Lombardo from back in the days since Apes very often hung around the west side and as a matter of fact, during the 60s he was labeled as being part of a Northlake crew, and i also think that he was on the job regarding the Zahn Drug Company which was located in Melrose Park and the operation was allegedly overseen by Richard Cain. They also shared the same friends such as Angelo Pettit, Mike LaJoy, Frank Rago etc, and i think they also hung around DiFronzos place the Twist located on Grand at the time
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10