Anthony Ascenzia Dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Anthony Ascenzia Dead

Post by JCB1977 »

Cheech wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:05 am
Stroccos wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:29 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 pm
tmarotta wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:11 pm [quote=Wiseguy post_id=161465 time=<a href="tel:1595958624">1595958624</a> user_id=51]
[quote=mike68 post_id=161463 time=<a href="tel:1595958060">1595958060</a> user_id=121]
You can add John Scarpelli and Salvatore Marino to the young made guys list along with Dinunzio. At least, that is what The Black Hand Forum reported a couple of years ago.
We have a law enforcement press release naming DiNunzio as a made guy. Did Scarpelli and Marino have anything like that or was it just forum gossip? Big difference.
Neither Costa, Scarpelli, Marino, or Anthony Parillo have ever been named as made members in indictments or offically by LE yet they have all been carried as made members on several boards despite the lack of concrete evidence. Same as Limone being named boss. Mannocchio is he last verified boss of New England, a;tough as you know there has been a string of guys indicted as acting boss post 2011. I find it funny Parrillo has never been identified by LE as a member yet certain people put him as consig.

The Limone as Boss thing came from a local news segment that named him as the new Boss and Bobby DeLuca as the new UnderBoss. I don't recall if they sited LE as the source or not. I have a very vague recollection that this was later retracted. Does anyone else remember this? Subsequent writes up of DeLuca after his defection make no mention of him ever being the UnderBoss.

Parrillo as Consigliere came from ScottB. He claimed Parrillo had been Consigliere for 5 years and was "next in line to be syndicate Don". But Parrillo was not among the names released by LE in 2011 of the member residing in Rhode Island. Then after that he was indicted as an Associate and the subsequent writes on him as list him as an Associate.

Pogo
looks like Parrillo is getting sentenced next week
https://www.providencejournal.com/news/ ... 11-assault
[/quote]

ive lost faith in scott. especially after his new Ascenzia article where he says he was running with billy grasso thru the 70s and 80s. in 1975 anthony ascenzia was 16 years old.
[/quote]

Scott referred to Parrillo as "The Ponytail" :lol:
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Hartford Courant June 9, 2004 (Mariano Grasso not named as a made guy)

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Hartford Courant September 9, 2004 (Federal Prosecutors refer to Mariano Grasso as a reputed MEMBER of the Patriarca Crime Family)

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

June 9, 1991 Hartford Courant Great Piece on Wild Bill Grasso

Rest of article is missing from newspapers.com

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I'll tell you a wise tale they tell around here about Midge. Its said the CT guys all voted to kill MIdge. But MIdge dissapears and years later they get picked off. grasso. whitey. piccolo. and he escapes to puerto rico

of course thats not true. but i heard that more than once from more than one person. nabe gossip
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:45 am
Thanks for posting Cheech. I was just in West Haven over the weekend on my way to Scarsdale. Wolfed down a pie over at Zuppardi's in the back parking lot.
its the best! they got them in supermarkets now. best frozen pie you will get
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Went to new london beach last weekend or 2 ago that place is a zoo. I hadn't been there in 25yrs or so wow it changed fucking big ass jelly fish every where to just floating on the top of the water. Not again. Have to go over rhode island
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Crazy you say that I went out there years ago and same thing with the Jelly fish it was unreal they were everywhere any other beach I go to I never see it like that
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

Thought I would post this here rather than start a new thread. Here we go with the Tony Parrillo debate again.

PONYTAIL TONY PARRILLO CAN’T FIND RELIEF FROM R.I. HIGH COURT, PROVIDENCE MAFIA FIGURE’S ASSAULT CASE STANDS

Scott Burnstein

August 2, 2020 — The Supreme Court of Rhode Island recently upheld Providence mobster Anthony (Ponytail Tony) Parrillo’s 2015 assault conviction. Parrillo, 69, was found guilty at a bench trial for ordering the December 2011 beatdown of a man in a case of mistaken identity at Club 295 in Providence’s Federal Hill neighborhood. He’s serving a 10-year sentence in state prison

A convicted murderer and reputed high-ranking member of organized crime in New England, Parrillo operated out of the now-shuttered Club 295 in the late 2000s and early 2010s. On December 17, 2011, he had his bouncers throttle a patron named Jack Fernandes in an alley outside the establishment because he thought Fernandes had stabbed one of his employees.

In actuality, Fernandes was enjoying a night out on the town with his wife, Dr. Sumiya Majeed and was misidentified as the culprit by club security as he using the bathroom. Minutes earlier, a man had been caught having sex in the same bathroom stall Fernandes was occupying and attacked a security guard with a knife. According to court files, Parrillo restrained Majeed while Fernandes was pummeled.

Fernandez was taken to the hospital with a broken nose and several cracked ribs. The incident ended when Parrillo called his men off, reportedly saying, “Stop, no more right now, there’s too many people around, we’ll get him later.”

Months before the assault at his club in 2011, Parrillo was arrested for harassing his ex-wife. Back in 1982, he was found guilty of gangland double homicide and did a little more than a decade in prison. Parrillo killed Providence drug dealer Ronnie Leone and Leone’s friend Rudy Baronet in October 1977 in retaliation for Leone ripping Parrillo off in a cocaine deal. Baronet had driven Leone to the Parrillo’s house where they both were slaughtered.

Upon his release from prison in 1993, Parrillo went to work as a personal bodyguard and collector for Patriarca crime family underboss Luigi (Baby Shacks) Manocchio. He also secured his Teamsters union card and linked up with Providence filmmakers the Farrelly brothers, finding employment on their movie sets as a driver. Parrillo worked on the films, There’s Something About Mary (1998), Outside Providence (1999), Me, Myself and Irene (2000), Osmosis Jones (2001) and Stuck on You (2003). On the Outside Providence set, Parrillo acted as actor Alec Baldwin’s bodyguard. On the Me, Myself and Irene set, he did the same for actor Jim Carrey.

Per sources on the street and in law enforcement, Parrillo rose to consigliere of the New England mob before his Club 295 troubles derailed his ascent up the ladder of the Patriarca clan. Some local mob experts, point to Parrillo as a potential future boss or underboss of the borgata.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

tmarotta wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:29 pm Thought I would post this here rather than start a new thread. Here we go with the Tony Parrillo debate again.

PONYTAIL TONY PARRILLO CAN’T FIND RELIEF FROM R.I. HIGH COURT, PROVIDENCE MAFIA FIGURE’S ASSAULT CASE STANDS

Scott Burnstein

August 2, 2020 — The Supreme Court of Rhode Island recently upheld Providence mobster Anthony (Ponytail Tony) Parrillo’s 2015 assault conviction. Parrillo, 69, was found guilty at a bench trial for ordering the December 2011 beatdown of a man in a case of mistaken identity at Club 295 in Providence’s Federal Hill neighborhood. He’s serving a 10-year sentence in state prison

A convicted murderer and reputed high-ranking member of organized crime in New England, Parrillo operated out of the now-shuttered Club 295 in the late 2000s and early 2010s. On December 17, 2011, he had his bouncers throttle a patron named Jack Fernandes in an alley outside the establishment because he thought Fernandes had stabbed one of his employees.

In actuality, Fernandes was enjoying a night out on the town with his wife, Dr. Sumiya Majeed and was misidentified as the culprit by club security as he using the bathroom. Minutes earlier, a man had been caught having sex in the same bathroom stall Fernandes was occupying and attacked a security guard with a knife. According to court files, Parrillo restrained Majeed while Fernandes was pummeled.

Fernandez was taken to the hospital with a broken nose and several cracked ribs. The incident ended when Parrillo called his men off, reportedly saying, “Stop, no more right now, there’s too many people around, we’ll get him later.”

Months before the assault at his club in 2011, Parrillo was arrested for harassing his ex-wife. Back in 1982, he was found guilty of gangland double homicide and did a little more than a decade in prison. Parrillo killed Providence drug dealer Ronnie Leone and Leone’s friend Rudy Baronet in October 1977 in retaliation for Leone ripping Parrillo off in a cocaine deal. Baronet had driven Leone to the Parrillo’s house where they both were slaughtered.

Upon his release from prison in 1993, Parrillo went to work as a personal bodyguard and collector for Patriarca crime family underboss Luigi (Baby Shacks) Manocchio. He also secured his Teamsters union card and linked up with Providence filmmakers the Farrelly brothers, finding employment on their movie sets as a driver. Parrillo worked on the films, There’s Something About Mary (1998), Outside Providence (1999), Me, Myself and Irene (2000), Osmosis Jones (2001) and Stuck on You (2003). On the Outside Providence set, Parrillo acted as actor Alec Baldwin’s bodyguard. On the Me, Myself and Irene set, he did the same for actor Jim Carrey.

Per sources on the street and in law enforcement, Parrillo rose to consigliere of the New England mob before his Club 295 troubles derailed his ascent up the ladder of the Patriarca clan. Some local mob experts, point to Parrillo as a potential future boss or underboss of the borgata.
did this come out in the papers or indictment? or is this scott putting himself there like with Anthony Nicodemo?
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Scott B. is the only person that I've ever seen claiming this.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

thanks Mike
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

mike68 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 am Scott B. is the only person that I've ever seen claiming this.
"Per sources..."
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Still wondering if someone can connect Parrillo to Andrew "Boston" Parrillo, a Gambino member made in the 1950s who despite his nickname was from Rhode Island and had been a close associate and friend of Ray Patriarca. Parrillo moved to NYC where he became close to the Eppolitos and was made into their crew. He remained close to Patriarca and was recorded visiting Patriarca in the 1960s.

Andrew Parrillo's family lived in Cranston, where Anthony Parrillo lives. He had a younger brother Carmine who appears to have stayed in RI.