GL NEWS 7/29/20

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: GL NEWS 7/29/20

Post by Fughedaboutit »

"He was super-surveillance conscious," the source continued. "He would leave for a meeting ten hours ahead of time figuring that he would either lose his tail before he got to his meeting or we'd get hungry or tired and let him go."

:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

When this came out originally about Ragusa, it was and still is street boss that he is called. Replacing DiChiaro.I would guess that Muscarella replaced Mangano or Leo. The underboss position is more complicated, because nothing has come out about Mangano, whether he kept his underboss title till his death or not. Leos position has been a mystery too. Who knows maybe Mangano hadnt been underboss since his release.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 pm The last third of the article definitely interesting. Tuzzo dead. Ragusa the street boss.
I guess its confirmed? This is about the 2nd or the 3rd time he's reported Ragusa as the street boss
Capeci said it before??

Just cos nostra said it I thought and that's why its looked at as questionable....

This is there first right
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 amIt came from a Gambino soldier it obviously holds merit
Does it?
Rooster was caught on a wire stating he only knew who the admin were when he was upped.
In, his own, family.
Yet run of the mill 'bino buttons know and Rooster doesnt? Additionally its a historical ploy routinely used by the Westside to deliberately lie to other families eg Salerno.
I give it little weight.

Being said it wouldnt surprisse as Ernie has sat on panels and is from 116th before so its a believable name. More-so than Ragusa as AB!
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 amI say this all the time especially with West side. Don't read too much into titles. The only constant information we've got is Barney is boss everything else is put in the air with this family imo. They're cagey as fuck.
Yup.
Was Rooster always a Springfield guy, maybe that's why he was out of the loop,, whos to say the Gambinos from the bronx can't be closer to to a genovese member from that same area who they do business with
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:09 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 pm The last third of the article definitely interesting. Tuzzo dead. Ragusa the street boss.
I guess its confirmed? This is about the 2nd or the 3rd time he's reported Ragusa as the street boss
Capeci said it before??

Just cos nostra said it I thought and that's why its looked at as questionable....

This is the first time Capeci said it.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:09 pm
Capeci said it before??

Maybe im wrong , It probably was CN , I thought Capeci mentioned it before , I probably confused the 2
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:41 pmWas Rooster always a Springfield guy, maybe that's why he was out of the loop,, whos to say the Gambinos from the bronx can't be closer to to a genovese member from that same area who they do business with
Good speculation. Maybe.

The phrasing used leads me to suspect otherwise though. I don’t think you wouldn’t know who your Admin is through lack of gossip. That sounds like policy not just geography.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:59 pm Maybe im wrong , It probably was CN , I thought Capeci mentioned it before , I probably confused the 2
1000% first time Capeci has mentioned
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Maybe Rooster knew but just wasn't saying who the administration was.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

If Ed Scarpo has correct info on who the street boss is why can't a Gambino soldier have correct info on who the Underboss is?
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:41 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 amIt came from a Gambino soldier it obviously holds merit
Does it?
Rooster was caught on a wire stating he only knew who the admin were when he was upped.
In, his own, family.
Yet run of the mill 'bino buttons know and Rooster doesnt? Additionally its a historical ploy routinely used by the Westside to deliberately lie to other families eg Salerno.
I give it little weight.

Being said it wouldnt surprisse as Ernie has sat on panels and is from 116th before so its a believable name. More-so than Ragusa as AB!
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 amI say this all the time especially with West side. Don't read too much into titles. The only constant information we've got is Barney is boss everything else is put in the air with this family imo. They're cagey as fuck.
Yup.
Was Rooster always a Springfield guy, maybe that's why he was out of the loop,, whos to say the Gambinos from the bronx can't be closer to to a genovese member from that same area who they do business with
Was thinking the same thing.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Frank wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:33 pm Maybe Rooster knew but just wasn't saying who the administration was.
Then why say anything at all?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:35 pm If Ed Scarpo has correct info on who the street boss is why can't a Gambino soldier have correct info on who the Underboss is?
Because one thing has absolutely zero correlation with the other?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Philly d wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:07 pm Was thinking the same thing.
So everybody and their mother in NYC knows who the Westside Admin is but you hit 100 clicks outside and it’s an Amelia Earheart?

Can’t wait till those phone lines hit Hartford.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Philly d wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:07 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:41 pm
Does it?
In, his own, family.
I give it little weight.

Yup.
Was thinking the same thing.
If I remember correctly Rooster started of a Gambino guy as an associate,and ended up having a problem with another CT. Guy Nick Melia I think it was pretty serious too,I wish I had the article in front of me ,and then eventually got straightened out with the Westside sometime after. But I'm almost positive he's not a strictly Springfield guy ,he seems to be all over the place to be honest. From Mass. to NY. The drive up from East Haven\New Haven to Springfield isn't bad at all if it's not daily depending how you drive ,it can be done within a hour.