Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

antimafia wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:11 am Earlier today, Anna Sergi posted a series of tweets in Italian and then posted a series of the translation of the tweets. She also posted Thread Reader App links.

Here's the Thread Reader App link to the tweets in English:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1286 ... 33025.html

Below are the tweets that may be relevant to a number of recent discussions on this board about all things Canadian organized crime. She had two tweets that were numbered 11 -- she simply forgot to renumber the second tweet.

10/ #Nagara region is seeing a blood shed because of #Hamilton #mafia war, apparently between the Sicilian-friendly #Musitano and the #Buffalo, #LaCosaNostra friendly Luppino-Violi. See summary by @AD_Humphreys https://www.cochranetimespost.ca/news/c ... bbb21f0067

11/ The #Ontario mafia groups are the most hybrid of mafia organisations today and they pay the price of hybridsation. Even if one family seems to be down, war might not be over, as it goes beyond direct interested parties https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/0 ... -says.html

11/ The Calabrian roots of all Hamilton mafia families count to forge new alliances - the #SidernoGroup is strong #Toronto; it might support relatives in #Hamilton independently from their past 'identity' to 1) show off their power 2) expand their business https://www.academia.edu/33604360/Tale_ ... ern_Canada

12/ in #Toronto, however the #SidernoGroup - in the hybridisation that characterises mafias in #Canada - has established independency from Calabria - connections are alive, but clans in Calabria respond to #Toronto more than the other way around https://nationalpost.com/news/italian-p ... -authority
The reason why clans in calabria are responding to toronto is because the top heads in siderno are locked up so the top guys here are acting bosses
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 am
antimafia wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:47 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:01 am Anymore to the article@ antimafia?

I dont know anything about the biker politics, so that angle is interesting...

What's this about Papalia ripping off Rizzuto? It sounds familiar....
On the day the article was published, I purchased the digital copy via PayPal. The price was in euros, but PayPal makes paying in another currency very easy.

Although the article was published in the newspaper's various print editions that day, essentially all newspapers make digitally available their daily editions -- and it's up to the newspapers as to what content is free and what is for sale. Sometimes digital articles are in the form of a PDF in which you can drag against the copy and then copy-paste elsewhere; many times, they're not.

I'm not going to type the entire article because I don't have the time. Nor do I have time to translate the article and provide the translation here.

When I provide links to newspaper articles via Evernote, I do so because Evernote allows me to stop sharing the links anytime -- and when I do stop sharing them, you won't be able to view the articles again unless you contact me to ask for another shareable link.

I don't copy-paste entire articles by newspaper corporations because I don't want to violate copyright. I pay for behind-the-paywall articles published by the Star (Toronto) and the Spectator (Hamilton). I have a yearly paid subscription to Evernote that I've been renewing for years.

When you pay for stuff, you get what you pay for. When you don't pay for stuff, you also get what you pay for.

The Mafia inc. co-authors wrote about Enio Mora borrowing $7.2 million from Vito Rizzuto, giving a lion's share of the loaned money to Papalia and Carm Barillaro, and not repaying the loan -- if this is all true, then it may or may not be in direct contrast to the information that Paul Manning provided here on TBHF about Papalia kicking up money to Rizzuto.

The book's co-authors would have received those details from Peter Edwards and Antonio Nicaso, who -- apart from being the two people that André Cédilot was originally going to partner with to write the book that eventually became Mafia inc. -- have long maintained that the failure to repay the loan ultimately led to the murders of Mora and Papalia. And in the case of the latter's murder, led to Rizzuto becoming friendly with Pat Musitano before and after.
• DID the Musitanos keep the Papalia turf while locked up?
2 part question....
• If so, did they keep it on the Rizzutos behalf, or did they run it independently?
Which Biker factions, ( if any) were they connected to?
The bikers essentially under Vito Rizzuto via Mom Boucher, enabled the establishment of the Platinum Sports Book in Ontario after the province went HA. The HA under Mom in Montreal is where the Canadian HA gets its reputation, they attacked the state and made tons of money with the mob in Montreal.

Once Musitanos went away it was as if everyone was HA over night except for pockets throughout Ontario. As far as the mob, either via Mustiano/Rizzuto or Buffalo, the business that was Papalia, was surrounded by bikers.

The ‘No Surrender Crew’ was chased from Toronto to be massacred in London. I met one of the guys who claims to been part of it, HA from Kirkland Lake, then Edmonton. Could be scary, I’m sure, but not high level business.

The Outlaws in Hamilton, under Mario Parente, who is also from Hamilton, former National President bowed down to the Angels in Niagara Falls, with Gerald Ward. They got the options of join your enemy, retire or die. Lots of OLMC became Hells Angels, that alone has been simmering for almost 20 years.

At that point you had the Musitanos without leadership, in prison. Papalia dead, and I think Joe and Dom Violi made of been in prison or just getting out, when the patch over occurred 2000ish.

If Pino Avignone worked out of the Monello, their were HA at the same intersection Barton and Green. As well, as HA from Kitchener and Cambridge at the gym in the same plaza. Don’t know tho, if they were associated.

At some point whatever was Papalia, would of left the possession of Musitano, Rizzuto or Buffalo when they went to jail. I don’t believe that either the Ndragheta in Woodbridge or Luppino/Violi was strong enough to stop the biker/cop.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

There is an interview with Bernie Guidon, legendary 1%, talking about the patch over of Ontario to Hells Angels, as a joke.

Basically, took anybody and everybody, even the puppet clubs in Hamilton, ended up being HA or their puppets. Ended up patching in rats, etc. They wanted the numbers, because, before that, it was the mob, via Papalia, OLMC and Satan’s Choice, that kept Hells Angels away.

With the business schooling from the Rizzutos, including Desjardins, and all the money from the biker wars and the Platinum. At some point the biker/cop and Desjardins made a decision to get rid of Rizzuto.

I’m curious about now, because it appears as if the bikers and Calabrese, have similar operations, as the Platinum. That can get interesting, if it hasn’t already.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

To the posters that mention "Buffalo", in terms of being part of Buffalo, reporting to Buffalo, feuding with Buffalo, working with Buffalo, etc, who exactly are we talking about? Anyone in Buffalo?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

UTC wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:50 am To the posters that mention "Buffalo", in terms of being part of Buffalo, reporting to Buffalo, feuding with Buffalo, working with Buffalo, etc, who exactly are we talking about? Anyone in Buffalo?
The Todaro LCN family
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I’ve heard that but butchie bifulco acts as a sort of street boss. Makes sense if joe todaro is more under the radar even if he’s the true boss
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

antimafia wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:11 am10/ #Nagara region is seeing a blood shed because of #Hamilton #mafia war, apparently between the Sicilian-friendly #Musitano and the #Buffalo, #LaCosaNostra friendly Luppino-Violi. See summary by @AD_Humphreys https://www.cochranetimespost.ca/news/c ... bbb21f0067
Or as Sergi phrased it in her Jane's Review report - "The Todaro syndicate, formerly a part of LCN."
All roads lead to New York.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:15 pm
Or as Sergi phrased it in her Jane's Review report - "The Todaro syndicate, formerly a part of LCN."
Or as the recent federal indictment that stated: “MASECCHIA is an associate and possibly made member of the Buffalo LCN family, an IOC group operating in Buffalo, New York, and elsewhere.” With all these opinions I guess that is why this thread is so long. :D
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:19 pm
UTC wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:50 am To the posters that mention "Buffalo", in terms of being part of Buffalo, reporting to Buffalo, feuding with Buffalo, working with Buffalo, etc, who exactly are we talking about? Anyone in Buffalo?
The Todaro LCN family
LOL. That I know, but to make it realistic instead of being the tiniest possible tail wagging the biggest possible dog, who literally are we talking about? What guys in Buffalo are the senior management team that governs these guys inn Canada?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

UTC wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:41 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:19 pm
The Todaro LCN family
LOL. That I know, but to make it realistic instead of being the tiniest possible tail wagging the biggest possible dog, who literally are we talking about? What guys in Buffalo are the senior management team that governs these guys inn Canada?
All we know is Joe Todaro Jr is the boss and until a couple years ago Dom Violi was his Underboss/Soldier who ran Hamilton and quite possibly all of Canada for Buffalo. The rest is a mystery.
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

All of Canada?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

OL. That I know, but to make it realistic instead of being the tiniest possible tail wagging the biggest possible dog, who literally are we talking about? What guys in Buffalo are the senior management team that governs these guys inn Canada?
The idea of Todaro (or anyone else in Buffalo) running a war in Canada via proxy, while making pizza dough, is something out of a bad Mafia novel.
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:

OL. That I know, but to make it realistic instead of being the tiniest possible tail wagging the biggest possible dog, who literally are we talking about? What guys in Buffalo are the senior management team that governs these guys inn Canada?
The idea of Todaro (or anyone else in Buffalo) running a war in Canada via proxy, while making pizza dough, is something out of a bad Mafia novel.
I've been told it is really happenin'. Better believe it.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

PogueMahone wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:37 am All of Canada?
I meant it in the sense that he most likely ran the Buffalo families interests in all of Canada not just Hamilton.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Government denies Gerace’s motion to suppress and trial date will be set soon:
Gerace moved to suppress physical evidence seized during the January 28, 2019 searches of 9070 Michael Douglas Drive and his person,! and to suppress his statements to law enforcement on January 28, 2019. See Dkt. 14 | 68-77

...snip
For the reasons stated above and in the R&R, the Court DENIES Gerace’s motions to suppress (Dkt. 14).

The parties shall appear before this Court on July 29, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. for a status conference to set a trial date.

SO ORDERED.

Dated: July 23, 2020
Buffalo, New York
Here is the link: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16 ... -v-gerace/