John riggi dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: John riggi dead

Post by B. »

Funny that he had been his class president.

Well this is definitely a big one. I'll be curious what sort of info starts to trickle out now that he's gone.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Rocco wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:
MickeyMeatballs wrote:I've seen him referred to as "The Eagle". Is this a bullshit blog/wiki myth?

No it was an actual nickname.

Pogo
He was bald as an 'eagle' thats where it came from.
That is correct. Riggi hasn't had hair on his head since his 20's. More than likely Charles Majuri will make a play for official boss.
:lol: So many of these nicknames are so deceptively simple. Should've clicked on that one.

Where does Guarraci stand? My own (admittedly out-dated) charts have him as Acting. Is he still doing things? A cursory search doesn't turn up any news or obit's.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Anyone have any numbers on street strength of the DeCavs currently? Crews and buttons?

Cheers
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Anyone have any numbers on street strength of the DeCavs currently? Crews and buttons?

The last official numbers from 2004 had them at 40-50 made members and 50 Associates.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Thanks Pogo, I should been more specific with the question. I meant to emphasize street. I know that they've 40+ odd total, was just wondering if anyone had done the math on how many that translates to in active street guys (IE excluding those in prison/retired/shelved/etc).

Cheers.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Awesome links Antiliar, especially the first one. Much appreciated. Was unaware that Nigro had been identified as consigliere, I still have The Truck Driver down. This guy Mann trying to fuck over Tino Fiamura, calling him a dumb fuck is a gross understatement.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so there may be something I'm missing. By my last inquiries, Majuri was a captain, and Guarraci acting as boss for the imprisoned Riggi. I understand that the Majuri's go way back in the DeCavalcante Family, does this suggest that Charles is a viable candidate, as Rocco postulated? I've searched the Federal, NJ and NY Inmate Locator's, and I cant see Guarraci anywhere. Unless there's an obscure obituary I'm missing? Though 65 is pretty young as far as wiseguys go. Why wouldn't Guarraci be next in line?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

How many crews r currently operating within the decavalcante ?? I would say prob 4 , merlo crew , majuri , consalvo and another one ?? Wot r your thoughts
Giacomo_Vacari
Straightened out

Post by Giacomo_Vacari »

From what I have gathered, the New Jersey family has 6 crews, two of which only have a Capo and two to four soldiers, two are half crew size and the other two are nearly full crews minus two or three men. For active I have them having twenty eight members, plus four more in prison the will get out before 2020 and still be able to be active. So 32 members out of 47 members, four possible members, and John Riggi made Luigi when John came home, so makes 47 members in the family.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

MickeyMeatballs wrote:Awesome links Antiliar, especially the first one. Much appreciated. Was unaware that Nigro had been identified as consigliere, I still have The Truck Driver down. This guy Mann trying to fuck over Tino Fiamura, calling him a dumb fuck is a gross understatement.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so there may be something I'm missing. By my last inquiries, Majuri was a captain, and Guarraci acting as boss for the imprisoned Riggi. I understand that the Majuri's go way back in the DeCavalcante Family, does this suggest that Charles is a viable candidate, as Rocco postulated? I've searched the Federal, NJ and NY Inmate Locator's, and I cant see Guarraci anywhere. Unless there's an obscure obituary I'm missing? Though 65 is pretty young as far as wiseguys go. Why wouldn't Guarraci be next in line?
The article on the Mann murder says Ray Tango was released in 2005..this is incorrect. Ray Tango is still in State prison doing life for this murder. Also it's my opinion that Majuri will make a play for Boss. He is close to the Genovese and Luchese crews in NJ and will look for their support. But who really knows. Majuri is getting up there in age.
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:Anyone have any numbers on street strength of the DeCavs currently? Crews and buttons?

The last official numbers from 2004 had them at 40-50 made members and 50 Associates.

Pogo
No shit, I did not think of them as that large. Hell that makes them bigger than Chicago. Has there been a lot of attrition since 2004.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Pretty much think Chicago , Philly , decavs and Detroit r similar in size
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Giacomo_Vacari wrote:From what I have gathered, the New Jersey family has 6 crews, two of which only have a Capo and two to four soldiers, two are half crew size and the other two are nearly full crews minus two or three men. For active I have them having twenty eight members, plus four more in prison the will get out before 2020 and still be able to be active. So 32 members out of 47 members, four possible members, and John Riggi made Luigi when John came home, so makes 47 members in the family.
Were still waiting on that link to the Miranda wiretaps?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Giacomo, you're a very welcome addition here given the knowledge you have of names/timelines and I like the way you carry yourself, but it'd be great if you could tell us where you get some of your information, which so far has been very extensive and unknown to many of us. You've mentioned some sources, but not what led you to those sources. Don't take any of this the wrong way, as you're the style of member we need here, but I think I speak for many of us when I ask these questions. Thanks, man.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Hailbritain wrote:Pretty much think Chicago , Philly , decavs and Detroit r similar in size
According to the most recent official estimates, New England, Philadelphia, and New Jersey are similar in membership size - 40 to 50 members. But the associate figure for New Jersey seems to be smaller - about 50 associates while New England and Philadelphia are 100 each. Of course, as I've said, I don't put too much stock in associate numbers but I mention it for comparison purposes.

The member-to-associate ratio for Chicago is a little different but the overall size makes it comparable to New England or Philadelphia. 25 to 30 members and a little over 100 associates.

I see no evidence Detroit is comparable to any of these. The mob activity is nowhere close to the families above. And unless somebody wants to take the internet charts we see online at face value (I don't), the size isn't comparable either. 30 members estimated by the feds back in 2001. Around 20 members/possible members have died since then. And there's no way they've been able to keep up with those who have died in terms of making new members. If they even have made new members.
All roads lead to New York.