48 years ago today ....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: 48 years ago today ....

Post by Hailbritain »

Was it not something to do with funzi tieri, remember reading they had some fallout over some gambling racket tieri refused to let him be part of ?? Seems like a Genovese inside job
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

Chin like John Gotti was being threatened by his Boss - After Vito dies in 1969 Chin loses his protection from Vito - same as Gotti ,lost Dellacroce in 1985. Both Chin and Gotti strike 1st killing Eboli / Castellano.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Chin wasn't as powerful in 72 as he was in 81. I think he may have been involved in ebolis death but ultimately guys like Benny squint and funzi were behind it. After a boss or major member is killed always look at who benefits the most to find out who participated in it. In ebolis case it seems that chin, funzi and Benny squint gained the most.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Manhattan_ wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:14 am Chin like John Gotti was being threatened by his Boss - After Vito dies in 1969 Chin loses his protection from Vito - same as Gotti ,lost Dellacroce in 1985. Both Chin and Gotti strike 1st killing Eboli / Castellano.
Chin was a huge hipacrit...
Not only Eboli but Costello he had a hand in either killing or trying to kill.
Yet he was "so mad at john gotti for breaking the rules"
And then he used a car bomb, another rule breaker (maybe casso was more to blame for that)
He talked shit about Gotti for making his kids... he made BOTH his kids. Lol, more made kids then Gotti!!

As well as I'm sure we can point out more
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

DPG wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:08 pm Very very unlikely Gambino even knew about it
I wouldn't say that he didn't KNOW about it...

This was around time of him gaining his power and respect if not already up there.... I'm sure he was clued in.
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:34 am
Manhattan_ wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:14 am Chin like John Gotti was being threatened by his Boss - After Vito dies in 1969 Chin loses his protection from Vito - same as Gotti ,lost Dellacroce in 1985. Both Chin and Gotti strike 1st killing Eboli / Castellano.
And then he used a car bomb, another rule breaker (maybe casso was more to blame for that)
He talked shit about Gotti for making his kids... he made BOTH his kids. Lol, more made kids then Gotti!!

I do not think Chin made his Son Andrew , kept him involved but not officialy made. His Son Vincent if in fact he is made I think it was official after Chins death. I have not hard proof that either Son was made only speculation.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

I always took that chin story with a grain of salt. Sammy bull said it right?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Manhattan_ wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:40 am

I do not think Chin made his Son Andrew , kept him involved but not officialy made. His Son Vincent if in fact he is made I think it was official after Chins death. I have not hard proof that either Son was made only speculation.
wg or pogo would know
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:37 pm
Manhattan_ wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:40 am

wg or pogo would know
Vincent is made but Andrew isn't. But it's obviously true Andrew was involved in mob business (waterfront, etc.) at least up until he was indicted.
All roads lead to New York.