41 years ago today....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: 41 years ago today....

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:The boss gets whacked. The fucking boss. You never hear from the boss until he gets whacked and then your whole life gets turned around.

Pogo
Just saw it again on Netflix. [emoji41]
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Frank wrote:
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Super wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm They should of stuck with him didn't end to well for all involved made the family alot weaker and if you betray your boss who wont you backstab. Done his time loyal to his mob family could rastelli have been his under boss? Would other bosses deal with him ? Read somewhere killed for not sharing the pie what did any of the other families do for bonanno.
Some of the thinking was he came out of prison pissed off, feeling the family had been taken advantage of after Bonanno was kicked out, and wanted exclusive control of the heroin trade.
What is your take on would galante staying boss be less damaging then what actually happened??

The power basically would of been zips with three capos under followed by massino and Sony black pretty much
I dont want to say inaccurate info, and others can chime in, but wasnt Galante at least the Acting Boss? Just off of memory, didn't he attend Commision meeting or meetings. Also made a few guys including Massino. I know Vitale said he was just a Capo. Who then was Acting Boss? I know this Galante issue has been a very fine line.
I think he was indeed acting boss, or considered as such.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: 41 years ago today....

Post by TallGuy19 »

TommyShots wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:21 pm I read somewhere that Bruno Indelicato pulled the trigger, is it true?
I think there were five people who shot him—including two of his bodyguards. They said they found five different types of bullets in his body during the autopsy.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:31 am
Frank wrote:
Super wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm They should of stuck with him didn't end to well for all involved made the family alot weaker and if you betray your boss who wont you backstab. Done his time loyal to his mob family could rastelli have been his under boss? Would other bosses deal with him ? Read somewhere killed for not sharing the pie what did any of the other families do for bonanno.
Some of the thinking was he came out of prison pissed off, feeling the family had been taken advantage of after Bonanno was kicked out, and wanted exclusive control of the heroin trade.
What is your take on would galante staying boss be less damaging then what actually happened??

The power basically would of been zips with three capos under followed by massino and Sony black pretty much
I dont want to say inaccurate info, and others can chime in, but wasnt Galante at least the Acting Boss? Just off of memory, didn't he attend Commision meeting or meetings. Also made a few guys including Massino. I know Vitale said he was just a Capo. Who then was Acting Boss? I know this Galante issue has been a very fine line.
He was official boss. Maybe not recpgnized as such by all the other bosses but he had simply grabbed the power from Rastelli.
There you have it, never printed before.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 am
Lupara wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:31 am
Frank wrote:

He was official boss. Maybe not recpgnized as such by all the other bosses but he had simply grabbed the power from Rastelli.
Fully agree with that.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

TommyShots wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:21 pm I read somewhere that Bruno Indelicato pulled the trigger, is it true?

Apparently he was one of them. Later that day Bruno, His father, and Phil Lucky went to the Ravenite to confirm the success of the hit
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I think there has been enough ppl that verified Galante was not OFFICIAL rather more of a de facto.

Just like with Corozz or Gambino just bc they wanted it doesn't mean it was official.

As far as making people, yes massino was made by Galante
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Galante had the majority of the captains (and in turn a large chunk of the membership) regarding him as the official boss. The Commission, however, did not recognize him and neither did the Rastelli faction. It's comparable to the Joe Magliocco situation in the early 1960s.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Or the Vic Orena situation. The only difference was that unlike the Rastelli faction, the Persico faction screwed up the attempt to kill him which kicked off their war.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 pm I think there has been enough ppl that verified Galante was not OFFICIAL rather more of a de facto.

Just like with Corozz or Gambino just bc they wanted it doesn't mean it was official.

I agree that its a fine line of what Galante was and its debatable. But I dont agree at all about Corozzo. Corozzo was not the Boss at all. He wasn't even sure he wanted it.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 pm I think there has been enough ppl that verified Galante was not OFFICIAL rather more of a de facto.

True. Galante wasn’t the official boss with Rusty in prison but was the de facto boss. Yeah he made Joe Massino, Anthony Soweto, Jerry Chilli, and a few others.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

At Massino's induction, Galante asked the new inductees who the boss of the family was. Everyone said Galante except Massino, who said Rastelli. Galante said that was true as of last week, but the previous week he had become the new boss. So we can figure it was the first week of June 1977 that Galante went from acting boss to usurping the role of "official" boss (without Commission support). It's in that big thread about the early 70s Bonannos, but sources within the Bonanno family told the FBI they expected Galante to try and take over the family even before his initial release from prison.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

JMAN723 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm

True. Galante wasn’t the official boss with Rusty in prison but was the de facto boss. Yeah he made Joe Massino, Anthony Spero, Jerry Chilli, and a few others.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

B. wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:41 pm At Massino's induction, Galante asked the new inductees who the boss of the family was. Everyone said Galante except Massino, who said Rastelli. Galante said that was true as of last week, but the previous week he had become the new boss. So we can figure it was the first week of June 1977 that Galante went from acting boss to usurping the role of "official" boss (without Commission support). It's in that big thread about the early 70s Bonannos, but sources within the Bonanno family told the FBI they expected Galante to try and take over the family even before his initial release from prison.
Given that Massino was initially on record with Rastelli, and became Rastelli’s “eyes and ears”, it’s interesting that Galante made Massino and presided over the ceremony. It shows a small continuation from Rastelli’s rule to Galante’s rule, however brief it was.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Isnt the Joe Cammarano Jr. take over of the Bonannos similar to Galantes take over?