41 years ago today....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Manhattan_
Straightened out

41 years ago today....

Post by Manhattan_ »

Cigar was snuffed out .
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: 41 years ago today....

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It was his last cigar.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Should a tried the veal...
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

They should of stuck with him didn't end to well for all involved made the family alot weaker and if you betray your boss who wont you backstab. Done his time loyal to his mob family could rastelli have been his under boss? Would other bosses deal with him ? Read somewhere killed for not sharing the pie what did any of the other families do for bonanno.
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

I read somewhere that Bruno Indelicato pulled the trigger, is it true?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Super wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm They should of stuck with him didn't end to well for all involved made the family alot weaker and if you betray your boss who wont you backstab. Done his time loyal to his mob family could rastelli have been his under boss? Would other bosses deal with him ? Read somewhere killed for not sharing the pie what did any of the other families do for bonanno.
Some of the thinking was he came out of prison pissed off, feeling the family had been taken advantage of after Bonanno was kicked out, and wanted exclusive control of the heroin trade.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The boss gets whacked. The fucking boss. You never hear from the boss until he gets whacked and then your whole life gets turned around.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:33 pm The boss gets whacked. The fucking boss. You never hear from the boss until he gets whacked and then your whole life gets turned around.

Pogo
That does lead into a pet peeve of mine where everything Pistone said was taken as gospel back in the day. We all know now that Pistone's take on Galante was not entirely accurate. It's just what he heard. What you hear doesn't actually make it a fact. Goes along with his other claims that everything Lefty told him ended up being true. Except Lefty told him that Milwaukee ran Detroit. Lefty told him a lot of shit that was not accurate. Meh, that's my rant for the day.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

TommyShots wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:21 pm I read somewhere that Bruno Indelicato pulled the trigger, is it true?
He was picked up on surveillance after the shooting being shaken and congratulated by dellacroce at the ravenite and also possibly had a handgun on him in the photo as well
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Super wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm They should of stuck with him didn't end to well for all involved made the family alot weaker and if you betray your boss who wont you backstab. Done his time loyal to his mob family could rastelli have been his under boss? Would other bosses deal with him ? Read somewhere killed for not sharing the pie what did any of the other families do for bonanno.
Some of the thinking was he came out of prison pissed off, feeling the family had been taken advantage of after Bonanno was kicked out, and wanted exclusive control of the heroin trade.
What is your take on would galante staying boss be less damaging then what actually happened??

The power basically would of been zips with three capos under followed by massino and Sony black pretty much
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pmWhat is your take on would galante staying boss be less damaging then what actually happened??

The power basically would of been zips with three capos under followed by massino and Sony black pretty much
Not sure I understand the question. Less damaging than Rastelli? Less damaging than what happened with Massino years later?

I'm not one to usually guess about hypotheticals but it seems Galante wasn't really liked by many outside his inner circle. That alone could have made his time as actual boss a tumultuous one.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:57 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pmWhat is your take on would galante staying boss be less damaging then what actually happened??

Not sure I understand the question. Less damaging than Rastelli? Less damaging than what happened with Massino years later?

I'm not one to usually guess about hypotheticals but it seems Galante wasn't really liked by many outside his inner circle. That alone could have made his time as actual boss a tumultuous one.
Ya.. was goin BB for a min there...
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

TommyShots wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:21 pm I read somewhere that Bruno Indelicato pulled the trigger, is it true?
I thought that Russell Mauro was actually the one who blasted Carmine.
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

If you look at the left side of Carmine’s face , to me it looks as if he was hit by someone on his left as you can count the holes in his face. Additional shot gun wounds to his chest .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm
What is your take on would galante staying boss be less damaging then what actually happened??

I dont want to say inaccurate info, and others can chime in, but wasnt Galante at least the Acting Boss? Just off of memory, didn't he attend Commision meeting or meetings. Also made a few guys including Massino. I know Vitale said he was just a Capo. Who then was Acting Boss? I know this Galante issue has been a very fine line.