Unusual and creative scams, schemes & other ventures.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Naitor
Prospect

Unusual and creative scams, schemes & other ventures.

Post by Naitor »

Hey,

So we all know the usual. The extortion, the labor unions, the drugs and so on.

However, I've always been interested in what the mob conducted in terms of the more unorthodox schemes and scams. It's always been fascinating to see how creative some of these people would get in the search of cash.

I'd appreciate if anyone could sum up some of the more interesting of the aforementioned things? Thanks.
Bufalino
Prospect

Re: Unusual and creative scams, schemes & other ventures.

Post by Bufalino »

Great post. I'd like to know more too.
lucky29
Prospect

Post by lucky29 »

I'm pretty sure we're all interested on what they get up to nowadays, modern problems creates modern solutions ....
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

My radar is tingling.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Rockford LCN member Joe Maggio and three associates got a list of registered boat owners in 1971 and sent out fake boat registrations in the name of the Merchant Marines telling them they needed to register their boats with them for $10 apiece.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Apparently starting podcasts, and YouTube channels is all the craze for these guys now. Where they sit around promoting themselves, talking about themselves, talk shit about each other, or tell straight up exaggerations about their lives.

People actually pay, listen, view, and like all this shit too. You know it’s a scam, because who in their right mind would actually incriminate themselves on the internet for all to see and hear? Because they know just because of “who they are” or “who they’re affiliated with” they can say literally anything and people will eat it up and throw their money at them.

The internet and the gullible masses that use it, has to be the most unique scheme the mob has ever considered using to exploit for money.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
lucky29
Prospect

Post by lucky29 »

Peppermint wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:03 am Apparently starting podcasts, and YouTube channels is all the craze for these guys now. Where they sit around promoting themselves, talking about themselves, talk shit about each other, or tell straight up exaggerations about their lives.

People actually pay, listen, view, and like all this shit too. You know it’s a scam, because who in their right mind would actually incriminate themselves on the internet for all to see and hear? Because they know just because of “who they are” or “who they’re affiliated with” they can say literally anything and people will eat it up and throw their money at them.

The internet and the gullible masses that use it, has to be the most unique scheme the mob has ever considered using to exploit for money.
It would make sense... sammy bull and mike franzese? surprised they're still kicking...
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

lucky29 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:26 am
Peppermint wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:03 am Apparently starting podcasts, and YouTube channels is all the craze for these guys now. Where they sit around promoting themselves, talking about themselves, talk shit about each other, or tell straight up exaggerations about their lives.

It would make sense... sammy bull and mike franzese? surprised they're still kicking...
I mean, why else would a bunch of people who otherwise are paranoid about the feds listening in, and spying on their activities go and plaster themselves all over social media? They’re not stupid, no way they’re that stupid, they have to know social media is one of the main places the government monitors for criminal activity. They just don’t care, because they know social media (youtube, Facebook, Instagram, etc) can make them a fuck ton of money, and they don’t even actually have to talk about anything criminal they’ve done, they can just make a bunch of shit up and people will take it as truth and pay them for it.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

There is a tow truck war going on in Canada currently, seems to be lots of money involved.

Fraud is a prevalent part of the hustle.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Anastasia and Schratweiser say that all the higher ups in Philly are involved in house/property flipping in one way or another. I imagine there are some real creative ways to earn a few bucks off the books in that arena.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:06 pm Anastasia and Schratweiser say that all the higher ups in Philly are involved in house/property flipping in one way or another. I imagine there are some real creative ways to earn a few bucks off the books in that arena.
Car dealerships, car flipping, even mechanic shops. I seen a lot around where I live spring up, that’s owned by some Italian fella that looks like they never worked on a car in their life, and just hire a bunch of little Central American fellas to actually do the work.

I can’t say much about Italian mob involvement in car dealers, and car flipping. In Long Island at least, those rackets are run by the Polish mafia, according to a friend who is a car flipper himself. But I’m sure if the fucking Poles are involved in a racket like those, then some where the Italian mafia is playing a hand in car dealerships and car flipping as well.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/po ... 70616.html

This scam Louis civello is running is pretty interesting
Bufalino
Prospect

Post by Bufalino »

SantoClaus wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 pm There is a tow truck war going on in Canada currently, seems to be lots of money involved.

You say fraud, but can you give some examples?
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Bufalino wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 pm There is a tow truck war going on in Canada currently, seems to be lots of money involved.

You say fraud, but can you give some examples?
They got cloned police radios, false insurance claims, shootings and murder, it’s pretty creative and fresh.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theglob ... nected-to/
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Sounds like somebody’s broke
I get it....first rule of fight club.