Made members related to Castellano

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Made members related to Castellano

Post by Extortion »

Can we get a list of made members related to Castellano? Does anybody know? Michael Franzese had a sitdown with a relative of Paul who was a made guy and was wondering how many family members he inducted or were previously inducted that were related to Large Paul.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Made members related to Castellano

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 pm Can we get a list of made members related to Castellano? Does anybody know? Michael Franzese had a sitdown with a relative of Paul who was a made guy and was wondering how many family members he inducted or were previously inducted that were related to Large Paul.
The only one I know for sure from my research is John Gambino related via marriage -- inducted by Castellano in 1976.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Carlo son Tommy. A brother paulo
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Big nose sam cufuri was a distant cousin of carlo. I'm guessing there's a bunch.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

A list of all Castellano relatives who were mafia members would be incredibly long. He comes from a long line of Sicilian mafia members. Counting the Gambino/Inzerillo relatives alone would be a daunting task.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

moneyman wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:11 pm A list of all Castellano relatives who were mafia members would be incredibly long. He comes from a long line of Sicilian mafia members. Counting the Gambino/Inzerillo relatives alone would be a daunting task.
I think he was asking specifically for members made by Castellano.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Maybe Peter Castellana, the meat guy. Son of Frank Castellano who was the capo of Big Paul's crew before him
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 pm Maybe Peter Castellana, the meat guy. Son of Frank Castellano who was the capo of Big Paul's crew before him
Would that be Pride Wholesale Meat Market and Murray Meat Packing Co. which Castellana owned with a couple other guys?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Joe Gambino from the bronx was a cousin
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 pm Maybe Peter Castellana, the meat guy. Son of Frank Castellano who was the capo of Big Paul's crew before him
I thought big Paul's father was Frank castellano? Or was his father not a made guy?
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:14 pm
moneyman wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:11 pm A list of all Castellano relatives who were mafia members would be incredibly long. He comes from a long line of Sicilian mafia members. Counting the Gambino/Inzerillo relatives alone would be a daunting task.
I think he was asking specifically for members made by Castellano.
Not necessarily. Just relatives of Castellano that were made or he made personally that were related by blood or marriage.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Made members related to Castellano

Post by Lupara »

mafiastudent wrote:
Extortion wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 pm Can we get a list of made members related to Castellano? Does anybody know? Michael Franzese had a sitdown with a relative of Paul who was a made guy and was wondering how many family members he inducted or were previously inducted that were related to Large Paul.
The only one I know for sure from my research is John Gambino related via marriage -- inducted by Castellano in 1976.
That's common knowledge.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:44 pm
Would that be Pride Wholesale Meat Market and Murray Meat Packing Co. which Castellana owned with a couple other guys?
Yes that's the guy.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

don-shunter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:44 am
I thought big Paul's father was Frank castellano? Or was his father not a made guy?
no, Paul's father was Joseph. Not sure Joseph was made.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Leo "The Zip" Giammona from the Lucchesse family comes to mind as candidate for the person Franzese is referring to. B and felice pointed out a while back that Giammona's wife was the daughter of Frank Castellana, who was an early Gambino captain and a relative of Paul Castellano and Carlo Gambino. Giammona was considered very powerful in his heyday because of his relation to Gambino/Castellano.