Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Post by newera_212 »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 pm
newera_212 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:59 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:59 pm
mlm0047 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:38 pm Great initial read thx
Thank you. The audiobook/ebook is coming out soon. It's FREE so when it's done I'll post a link here...hearing it and what happened gives it a whole different dimension.
awesome. looking forward to that. any chance of you posting some raw testimony transcripts from Pennisi in the FBI files section?
I can do that. Not right now, but sometime this week. I think, for me anyway, the most amusing was his thorough testimony of the day he was made. It's like about 5 or 6 pages worth - prosecution side.

that’d be so awesome. whens the eBook coming out? this was one of the most interesting cases & LCN trials in a while and I feel like it didn't get a ton of attention, because of all the stalls and fuckery with the trial, but also because the guys involved weren't household names. again I feel like if the trial were in SDNY or even Edny it would have gotten so much more coverage. who knows. but it regard to the media...outside of gangland and the boards here...it kind of came and went in the news.

whatever court transcripts you have and could post would be awesome. i think we’d all here read and appreciate them
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:51 pm
Pete wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:45 pm This could be a very good article lots of great information but it isn’t offered as the story of crea and the meldish hit, its an opinion piece with the authors opinion after every little statement which makes it hard to follow. Every time you read a section of testimony there’s a tangent after about how he is being screwed etc. You can accomplish the same thing by just stating the facts and the reader can put together the inconsistencies for themselves and come away with the same picture of Crea most likely getting railroaded with basically no facts to support his murder conviction. Still props to the author for doing the research and putting the time in that’s more than most people do on this forum
Thank you. Yes, I realize that. I was just trying to point out inconsistencies. From experience the majority of people need to be handfed...others are more intelligent and can piece it together. I erred on the side of the majority.
I got you wasn’t really a criticism just some people will tune out if they feel it’s too partisan. Again tho good work overall
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Thank you. The audiobook/ebook is coming out soon. It's FREE so when it's done I'll post a link here...hearing it and what happened gives it a whole different dimension.
awesome. looking forward to that. any chance of you posting some raw testimony transcripts from Pennisi in the FBI files section?
I can do that. Not right now, but sometime this week. I think, for me anyway, the most amusing was his thorough testimony of the day he was made. It's like about 5 or 6 pages worth - prosecution side.
Agreed would love to see that. Wasn’t he the guy who said Madonna made him and he got blood all over his shirt and he kept the shirt or something as a souvenir?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

If I remember right he kept the knife that pricked the fingers.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 pm If I remember right he kept the knife that pricked the fingers.

Pogo
No......Castellucci gave him the knife as a souvenir. Read the article. There's sections of that testimony on there. On the table was a knife, a gun, a saint and a diabetic needle...maybe something else. His finger (right handed trigger finger) was pricked with the diabetic needle. He got very detailed ...lol...from what expressway he jumped on to going down to the basement to being brought into a dining room. It's hilarious.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Pete wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:49 pm
Agreed would love to see that. Wasn’t he the guy who said Madonna made him and he got blood all over his shirt and he kept the shirt or something as a souvenir?
I must not have hit submit. The bloody shirt was Ligambi at that meeting with the Gambinos when they were talking. Capeci had erroneously reported that Madonna had given Pennisi the knife but then corrected it. Testimony is that Castellucci gave him the knife.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm
Pete wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:49 pm
I must not have hit submit. The bloody shirt was Ligambi at that meeting with the Gambinos when they were talking. Capeci had erroneously reported that Madonna had given Pennisi the knife but then corrected it. Testimony is that Castellucci gave him the knife.
Got it thanks I was confusing two stories lol
meat-ball
Associate

Post by meat-ball »

Interesting read. Just started but I appreciate the fact when someone highlights the fact that ‘Justice’ is totally irrelevant when it comes to federal cases, headlines and media attention drives these initiatives entirely and as promotions are tied to the cases that get media attention, following the rules of law in pursuit of a conviction is thrown out the window. This is especially true when it comes to a member of the mafia. They don’t care if someone did a specific crime or not as the general attitude is he did something at some point so who cares if he didn’t do this exact crime. IMO The federal government is far scarier than gangsters running rackets Because the abuse of power goes totally unchecked.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Here's a SNEAK PEEK of the FREE audiobook/ebook Guilt for the Guiltless: The Story of Steven L Crea. Take a listen! Coming soon.

https://youtu.be/ehHJYkGceqs
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm Here's a SNEAK PEEK of the FREE audiobook/ebook Guilt for the Guiltless: The Story of Steven L Crea. Take a listen! Coming soon.

awesome thank you, looking forward to the eBook
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

newera_212 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm Here's a SNEAK PEEK of the FREE audiobook/ebook Guilt for the Guiltless: The Story of Steven L Crea. Take a listen! Coming soon.

Me too. Not too long now. Right around the corner.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

BTW. What did you think of Pennisi's testimony? Crazy right?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm

yeah it is, im only half way through day one and I had some questions...

who is Big Frankie who had a son flip / wear a wire?

and im assuming Joe Caffe is that Capo from Howard Beach who is an Uncle to Pete Tuccio?

i almost shat myself when I read about the Range Rover scheme. thats still going on and its a common thing. not really illegal per say, just violating Range Rover’s contract.

admittedly, two summers ago, I almost got myself involved with that as being a straw buyer, much like the ones Pennisi said he was having trouble finding. Except my end was only going to be $1200. I guess being connected has its perks because Pennisi got $8k out of it. but theres a lot of “firms” operating in NY and NJ doing this, exporting specifically Range Rover HSEs to China at a 150+% mark up. The career of a straw buyer is short, you may be able to do it 2-3 times before Range Rover stops selling to you. Not my finest hour, I could have used the money at the time, but ultimately I talked myself out of it for fear of getting audited (the firms essentially cut you a $100k+ certified check, you buy the car, and sign the title back to the firm). its crazy...but makes perfect sense...that the mob is involved in this little scheme. the guy who was bringing me in was an older jewish guy though

anyway im still making my way through it. its fascinating to see what happened to these guys after casso and amuso’s reign. no wonder why those two ruled with an iron fist...some of these guys seem like complete morons lol. its also fascinating how the crews consolidated and broke down...the BK crew but they’re all in SI...the SI crew being ran by someone from BX...etc
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

newera_212 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 pm

and im assuming Joe Caffe is that Capo from Howard Beach who is an Uncle to Pete Tuccio?

i almost shat myself when I read about the Range Rover scheme. thats still going on and its a common thing. not really illegal per say, just violating Range Rover’s contract.

admittedly, two summers ago, I almost got myself involved with that as being a straw buyer, much like the ones Pennisi said he was having trouble finding. Except my end was only going to be $1200. I guess being connected has its perks because Pennisi got $8k out of it. but theres a lot of “firms” operating in NY and NJ doing this, exporting specifically Range Rover HSEs to China at a 150+% mark up. The career of a straw buyer is short, you may be able to do it 2-3 times before Range Rover stops selling to you. Not my finest hour, I could have used the money at the time, but ultimately I talked myself out of it for fear of getting audited (the firms essentially cut you a $100k+ certified check, you buy the car, and sign the title back to the firm). its crazy...but makes perfect sense...that the mob is involved in this little scheme. the guy who was bringing me in was an older jewish guy though

anyway im still making my way through it. its fascinating to see what happened to these guys after casso and amuso’s reign. no wonder why those two ruled with an iron fist...some of these guys seem like complete morons lol. its also fascinating how the crews consolidated and broke down...the BK crew but they’re all in SI...the SI crew being ran by someone from BX...etc
His whole making ceremony is what gets me. The detail. Spinelli's testimony is a lot more interesting. Maybe I'll post his up at some point. He does a lot of talking about his Amuso connection. But he's a grade A liar too.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:17 am
newera_212 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 pm

His whole making ceremony is what gets me. The detail. Spinelli's testimony is a lot more interesting. Maybe I'll post his up at some point. He does a lot of talking about his Amuso connection. But he's a grade A liar too.
yeah i hear ya, but playing devils advocate, a lot of guys who flipped have gone into their making ceremony with the same amount, or more, of detail. D’Arco more or less said the same thing, where it was held down to what the house looked like, who he drove with, who was there, what they ate, etc.

again its just baffling this guy got made so quickly, if at all, with no real moves or hustle and within a 3 year span, goes from a regular guy, to being on record, to getting made.

would definitely love the Spinelli testimony and even more so, the Zoccolillo testimony if you have that